Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Making a char to level from 10-85 in bgs only question

Hello, I am going to make a character that will go from the levels of 10-85 in pure BGs, all supplementary gear from 10-60 (before pvp gear can be bought) will be Crafted or bought on the AH, and heirlooms of course.

Questions:

What classes are particularly fun to do this with? (I have all classes but priest at 85, and the priest could be if i ever pushed him from 77)

Do you cap yourself constantly? with nothing to spend it on?

Can you buy 85 pvp gear before level 85?

Any Tricks? Best particular BGs or anything?

And, playing a couple hours a day, could i push 51 (or whenever AV starts) In a week? Since AV honor weekend is next week if i recall correctly?

---------- Post added 2011-10-15 at 01:20 AM ----------

I like how i named it only question... when i had multiple questions... lol stupid me

Mages are fairly easy at pvp at lower levels and I've had quite a bit of fun on warlocks as well. I've never even attempted to level solely on BG's though so I don't know if it is possible to hit 51 in a week on purely BG's.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What classes are particularly fun to do this with? (I have all classes but priest at 85, and the priest could be if i ever pushed him from 77)
    probably rogue, since u one shot anything with ambush until level 60

mounts and older pvp gear

one of the newer rules that urk me. you cant buy any gear with honor currency until your the atleast the level required to equip it, (ex: gota be atleast 60 to buy level 60 pvp gear, so on and so on for 70, 80, and 85.)

And, playing a couple hours a day, could i push 51 (or whenever AV starts) In a week? Since AV honor weekend is next week if i recall correctly?
    depends on how much you play and win, no idea tbh.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Also, the great debate... Horde... or Alliance.

Hunter

Tricks / tips: target stuff, shoot, laugh.

go marksman for aimed shot to laugh more.

and no you can't buy 85 pvp gear before 85. same goes for lower level gear until you reach the appropriate level.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Discombobula View Post
    Mages are fairly easy at pvp at lower levels and I've had quite a bit of fun on warlocks as well. I've never even attempted to level solely on BG's though so I don't know if it is possible to hit 51 in a week on purely BG's.
    It is, but it would help if it was AB or WSG weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    That's up to you really, some people find leveling certain classes more fun than others.

You will. You can convert Honor Points in to Justice Points though.

No, you can't. ):

Any Tricks? Best particular BGs or anything?
    It depends really, on whichever you find fun. :P

Maybe. It starts at 45 now I believe, don't quote me on that though.

Few of your questions are subjective, you'll learn your own likes and dislikes as you progress through the levels. Once you can do Randoms at 45 I would do them.

Mage is probably not a good idea for me lol, that would be lvl 85 mage number 3.

Rogues and and hunters are retarded overpowered for the first ~50-60 levels in BGs.

Stood in the Fire PromiscuousPenguin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I recently made a rogue leveling through bg's and it has been immense fun. I would recommend it :-)

Rogue, Hunter, Mage, Prot Warrior, Prot Pally. Anything else is just meat for the aforementioned classes.

Bloodsail Admiral WaitingforSWTOR's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Menedude View Post
    Hunter

Tricks / tips: target stuff, shoot, laugh.

go marksman for aimed shot to laugh more.

and no you can't buy 85 pvp gear before 85. same goes for lower level gear until you reach the appropriate level.
    Yeah hunter are retardly overpowered, you just need to autoshot people to death

I think yes, you can buy lvl 60 pvp gear at level 60, and arena sets at level 70, etc. I would suggest you to stop XP at level 70 for a while and enjoy lvl 70 Arenas, at least on my Battlegroup its plenty of activity
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomChickn View Post
    The reason the smart people are miserable because their head hurts so much from facepalming at all the stupid people, its so simple.

Deleted
    Choose Alliance and play in my battlegroup and you'll be 85 in no-time. They got never less than 5 healers in each BG so there's no chance you'll die. 90% win-chance too

10+ Year Old Account
    rogue, warrior, hunter, mage
    really fun classes to destroy bg's early levels =P

Deleted
    What classes are particularly fun to do this with?
    What classes you enjoy playing PVP on?

Deleted
    Hunter is the best!

Rogue, 1 shotting bastards
    BECAUSE YOUR WORTH IT

Deleted
    Done it several times already. Rogues and hunters are rediculoulsy overpowered in lower level pvp. 50 to 70 bracket ret pala's are going to wreck your face and 2 shot you. DK's aren't bad either especially blood dk's. Frost mages do rather well as well

Only a few hours a day it will be impossible to level from 10-51 in a week doing only BG's. Even with full heirloom gear.

During non honor weekend the XP is relatively slow. And some days you'll get nothing but low level non heirloom geared people on your team causing you to lose constantly. It's quite RNG unless you premade.

Best of luck though, it's a much longer haul than question or instancing to 85.

Deleted
    And, playing a couple hours a day, could i push 51 (or whenever AV starts) In a week?
    No chance.

Deleted
    Disc priest, shield + heals ruins rogues, hunters even dk's/paladins. (the usual twinks)