Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Judge, Cooldown is not a point with the talent that resets it whenever X happens (chance on resetting AS cooldown). I literally got AS'd 5 times in a row in that fight.

I did become better lately though. Thanks for the help everyone.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-for-Cataclysm

My Frost guide for PvP, you can also PM me if you require any insight or if you have any questions.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleB View Post
    for addons you can get battleground targets its basically gladius for BGs, shows the targets roles as well (heals, tank/FC, dps)
    This is a great addon for BG's It is also click to target.

Deleted
    It's all about stacking mastery (int before mastery though!) while keeping a decent amount of crit and resilience.

40 int in red slots - no orange gems in reds!
    20 int / 20 mastery in yellow
    20 int / 20 hit in blue

PvP enchant on head/shoulders, 40 res on chest, 50 int on bracers, power torrent, 40+ int on OH, 35 mastery +minor speed on feet, 95 int/80 sta, 65 mastery on gloves.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/tool/tal...VZbd!YdVhRjPlL is the spec you want to go for with either Evo or Frost Armor glyph depending on preference.

Get spell pen neck, so that you can get mastery cloak = Spell penetration capped while maximizing your mastery stat.

When you get Ruthless on the following, you'll be hit capped; reforging the hit on your gloves, belt and ring into mastery while putting 20 int / 20 hit gems in your gloves, belt (x2) and one in legs you'll be at exactly 4% hit / 410 hit rating making you hit capped against other players.

A general thumb rule I've always used it that you want to reforge everything in your gear into mastery while keeping a decent crit % of 16-17%~, so if you're gearing up/rocking in mostly honor gear, you might wanna keep some of the crit the gear offers (either by leaving the crit alone on your chest, weapons or boots).

And that should be it, basically

---------- Post added 2011-10-31 at 06:57 PM ----------

Edit: And to answer your question about protadins: Spellsteal his buffs so he's completely stripped = On the first nova you cast, he'll mostly likely use Freedom. Spellsteal it as well, CoC / Pet nova him into a shatter + DF force either bubble/trinket, keep kiting with your thousands of slows untill next DF where you can end him without his trinket/bub
    Last edited by mmoc1b1b7e46e1; 2011-10-31 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    And then you die, since your 4k ice lances did nothing.

Did you mean to say 24k?

I play a mage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post
    Digging through ArenaJunkies at the moment, although the guides seem to be largely outdated (talk about S9 coming soon etc).

What are some good addons to use?

For example, is there a DBM like mod but for the capture points in BG's. Some mod that will help me indentify the enemy class easier or somesuch? :P
    try carbonite addon, its awesome for BGs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by biggischkris View Post
    welcome to pvp !
    now you can actually learn to play the game
    There's the nice way of saying what i was thinking.
    "Ok, fuck it, I lied. It's drum and bass."

Quote Originally Posted by Gladria View Post
    Frost mages are the best at control and survivability hands down. However, if you happen to have really nice 359 and up pve gear, go in as arcane, you'll plow through that resilience and rarely get into a match with an oposing group that will focus you. Fire does pretty well in certain cituations but I wouldn't recommend it. Of course, this is for battlegrounds. If your doing rated battlegrounds ask your group what they need, if the group needs help controlling etc, go frost etc etc etc.

The best addons to get are (the name escapes me and i apologize) but there's one that's called like....who are my healers? or something like that. It puts a target icon over all the healers specced classes in the bg. Gladdius is really clunky in bg's since there's so many people so i'd stick with just using that on Arena's. DBM does have a pvp utility so definitely get that one up.

Definitely work on your macro's, specificely focus macro's. A lot of people can do very well without addons and most macro's but i feel like there a must for truly successful pvp. Just google focus macros for a mage class and you bound to find thousands of suggestions.

didn't see that someone mentioned it earlier but the healer's addon i was talking about is called: Healers Have To die
    Uh focus macros in a BG... Why? -What would happen. "oh ladedada i'm going to go blow sh*t up. He's attacking me, yikes! *left clicks name and hits focus this target*-Dead... Good luck focusing every target you attack in a bg

Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post
    Heya,

just started PVP'ing as a mage because my guild needed the Horde Slayer achievement. And wow, I fell in love with this part of the game. Always thought raiding was awesome. But how wrong I was.

Now, I ask you veterans humbly:

1.) Are there any good mage PVP guides out there, with spec, gear, gems, enchants etc?
    2.) What is a decent spec to do. Arcane is fun and all, but awefully boring
    3.) What can I do against an Protection Paladin? Every spell I try to cast gets silenced with the Avenger SHield proc
    what spec? frost mage frost mage frost mage! OH, and tanks in general are bitches to take down. honestly they're not worth the effort. typically you can just ignore them and be ok, they don't do a whole lot of damage if you don't attack them.