Quote Originally Posted by beerz
    Looking at The Butcher...
    Butcher...

Your up-time of Serpent Sting and Black arrow are both solid, you could probably squeeze extra 2-3% on black arrow if you tried.

Your Explosive Traps averaged just 11k damage, I honestly wouldn't bother.

Everything else looks solid, bare in mind that kills can vary quite alot dependent on your TotH/LocknLoad/Scope Proc's.

Brackenspore...

You died twice to Infesting Spores and unsurprisingly being dead decreases your damage, this is because you were attempting to clear moss while they were being cast and were out of range of the healers/mushroom. Try to clear moss between casts of Infesting Spores so that this is less of an issue.

Twin Ogron...

90%+ up-time on Serpent sting on both Pol and Phemos. This is great so keep it up and maybe squeeze and extra couple % if you can.

Your Black arrow up-time did slip a bit down to 70%, get this up above 75% at least.

Ko'ragh...

Same as above Black arrow at 68%.

When you reach a similar gear level to Qnv I imagine you will be at a similar damage level.
    Hey beerz,
    thakn you very much for taking the time to look at the logs and point out some issues.

Brackspore, I am working on, had a few ui and Keybind issues New ID should be better.

Alternatively, apart from upping those few %iles, what else am I lacking? There is a clear dps difference - I would have thought, that the Bow would make up for a bit of the EQ difference, but in some fights there is a substantial dps difference, which makes me think, that I am doing something wrong.

I mean from my perspective, my dps does vary, slightly depending on proccs, but overall he is always "WAY" ahead. So I must be doing something "wrong" or not good enough. This is what I would like to change. (using racial, trinket) Am I using Cd's at wrong times? Respectively, when is the "right" time to use them in fight?

If its just an Eq issue, then its a matter of patience. I do see that the "Gap" is closing as I gain Eq pieces, but not substantially. I feel like I should be hitting the 30k mark with my gear and I am not currently.

Could you perhaps elaborate/ help with that also? ( I have read Az thread and I feel like I am keeping an eye out for many things, but in practice it might not work out correctly?)

Deleted
    thx beerz, ye i kinda fucked up the brackenspore encounter completely

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Termi View Post
    Hey beerz,
    thakn you very much for taking the time to look at the logs and point out some issues.

Brackspore, I am working on, had a few ui and Keybind issues New ID should be better.

Alternatively, apart from upping those few %iles, what else am I lacking? There is a clear dps difference - I would have thought, that the Bow would make up for a bit of the EQ difference, but in some fights there is a substantial dps difference, which makes me think, that I am doing something wrong.

I mean from my perspective, my dps does vary, slightly depending on proccs, but overall he is always "WAY" ahead. So I must be doing something "wrong" or not good enough. This is what I would like to change. (using racial, trinket) Am I using Cd's at wrong times? Respectively, when is the "right" time to use them in fight?

If its just an Eq issue, then its a matter of patience. I do see that the "Gap" is closing as I gain Eq pieces, but not substantially. I feel like I should be hitting the 30k mark with my gear and I am not currently.

Could you perhaps elaborate/ help with that also? ( I have read Az thread and I feel like I am keeping an eye out for many things, but in practice it might not work out correctly?)
    OK i'll try to go into finer detail.

So on butcher Qnv only managed 2 more explosive shots than you and cast the same number of black arrows. His Serpent Sting and Explosive shot on average hit higher than yours. He did manage to get off 9 more arcane shots which in turn gave him more Serpent Sting ticks as it gives a guaranteed tick on hit. Why he hit more arcane shots is hard to say but he did get more Thrill of the Hunt procs than you which would have helped. The thing that really surprises me is he didn't even use potions and yet still beat you comfortably. You did get more LocknLoad procs than he did yet did less Explosive shots so perhaps your not using it quickly enough.

If I look at other fights, Kargath you were very close to him, Brackenspore you died so never mind, Tectus you had 10% lower up-time on black arrow and half as much up-time of Explosive trap and 20 odd less explosive shots. Even when the motes come up keep black arrow up on the remaining shard or the mote that your group is focusing first and don't neglect explosive shot.

On Twins you may have had very good up-time of Serpent Sting but you have a very low number of Explosive shots, you managed 61 to his 85. You really need to make sure you use it on cd and spam it as soon as LocknLoad procs as it resets the cd. Your black arrow was 8% lower too. He got around an extra 100k damage from Explosive Trap than you. But the biggest difference I can see is that you are applying Serpent sting with MultiShot where as he is applying it with individual Arcane Shots. On just 2 targets Multishot isn't very effective and its just a tad lazy to use it over targeting them individually.

Ko'ragh just like twins, significantly less Explosive shots and poorer Black arrow uptime.

Overall I'd say focus on black arrow and Explosive shot. Make sure they are both casted asap. Unless you get unlucky with TotH procs your serpent sting should take care of itself on a single target.

Quote Originally Posted by beerz View Post
    Looking at The Butcher...
    I'll be honest when i say you need to focus on fixing your rotation before worrying about min/maxing your stats...

On Butcher your up-time of Black arrow was over 80%, this is fantastic.

But your up-time of Serpent Sting was 85%, Serpent Sting should never drop off on a fight like butcher after your initial application. There was a 13 second window in the fight where it dropped off before you reapplied it. You should be dumping your excess focus into arcane shots, this will be keep your Serpent Sting up without even trying.

On Brackenspore your up-time of Serpent Sting was even worse, just 56% on the boss and 22% on the Flesh-Eater, the higher your up-time the higher your dps....

Try and use Explosive Trap when the boss and the Flesh-Eater are stacked up and there is nothing of higher importance to cast.

Tectus...

Use Explosive trap when the motes come up.

Twin Ogron...

You didn't apply Serpent Sting to Phemos once in there entire fight duration. Make sure it is kept on both as much as possible.

Use Explosive trap when they are stacked.
    I do find myself focus starving sometimes and i cant reapply serpent/black arrow in time or even ES.
    I will definitely work on my rotations more. Any suggestions on gear wise though?

On Mythic Twins do you apply SS with arcane or just cleave it to the other target with multishot

Spec: Marksman
    Item Level: 668
    Expectations: 29k+ dps on M Brackenspore(Not Flamethrower)
    Armory Link: Critstorm on Shandris US (sorry forums wont let me post links yet)
    Warcraftlogs Link: World of logs report: /94QtgCP7bmXaGkHW

This is the report of last night's progression wipes on Mythic Brackenspore. I'm Critstorm.
    I was pulled from the raid due to low dps on attempt 17.
    If any experienced hunter could take a look at a couple attempts it would be greatly appreciated.
    I've done some initial leg work, but it is really hard to find comparison logs of hunters around my ilvl not on flamethrowers(we are using 3 boomkins). That said, i'm not really sure what my target dps is on this as MM(Raid group is looking for it to be 28-29k).
    If we ignore pre-2minute wipes that leaves the following:
    Attempt 5(4:29): 26k
    Attempt 7(2:50): 27k
    Attempt 9(6:04): 21k
    Attempt 11(5:50): 25k
    Attempt 13(2:26): 30k
    Attempt 14(3:49): 27.4k

Couple notes:
    -First night using FS with mm(nice for Barrage), but might be causing me to miss some important shots. Would love for someone to look into this for me
    -I'm purposely delaying delaying Barrage for Spores.
    -I'm purposely trying to delay my second set of DPS CDs for second large add(ends up being about a 40 second delay). Watching our replays, if I were to use my CDs on cooldown, I can pop round 2 of CDs when the first large add has 15% health left, then then the 3rd round of CDs just after the second large add dies. With me saving CDs for large adds they are dying at 6/7 stacks of their debuff(this is tight). Thoughts.
    -In attempt I basically missed a CD Round completely. DERP!. Also it looks like everything didn't get used on the second set?. For progression i'm using a macro with AgiPot+RF+LDSC (everything used manually on pull).

I've been playing Survival on M Twins, so could switch to that. Thoughts?
    Last edited by Strize; 2015-01-13 at 08:18 AM.

Back again. Have worked on improving my BA uptimes and ES usage but haven't seen the dmg increase that I have wanted, pulling ~ 2k less than I feel I should. Would love to hear feedback on what else I can improve

Spec - Survival
    Item Level - 656
    Expectations: 24k+
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eljin/advanced
    Warcraftlogs Link: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done (Heroic Butcher), https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done (Heroic Twins)

Quote Originally Posted by beerz View Post
    OK i'll try to go into finer detail.
    Thank you very much beerz, that explains a lot and I will work on that. So if I get that under control, a few gear pieces the dmg should basically level out, respectively we will "meet", even when he gets the HC bow. If I understand you correctly.

I do have a question when to use Racial (Orc) and Coin in fight and with what? Do you, or anyone else have suggestions, when to get the greatest gains?

Also regarding dots, from what I understand this has been changed with WOD, that dots are dynamic, so the dmg will automatically adjust according to the buffs as they come and go... is that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Wooting View Post
    On Mythic Twins do you apply SS with arcane or just cleave it to the other target with multishot
    That is situational. If they are stacked Multi shot is better. If Phemos is out WWing and it's about to drop Arcane shot obviously. Arcane = 30 focus, Multi = 40

Quote Originally Posted by 8mmspikes View Post
    Back again. Have worked on improving my BA uptimes and ES usage but haven't seen the dmg increase that I have wanted, pulling ~ 2k less than I feel I should. Would love to hear feedback on what else I can improve

Spec - Survival
    Item Level - 656
    Looking at Butcher

Your opener seems off, you're doing ES > Arcane > BA > Crows when you should be doing Crows > ES > BA > Arcane
    You also didn't recast Berserking (3 min CD) on a 4:41 fight
    Also don't bother with explosive trap on single target
    You are using Focusing Shot (good!) but I don't see any pet damage? Might be a bug with WCL however. The pet for me is about 3k dps, so with it active, you should be over 24k.

Edit: It looks like WCL didn't add your pet DPS, because it shows in the damage done part, but not under your name specifically, so I think if you add your damage + your pet damage that would be your total DPS which is right around 25k.
    Last edited by critsohard; 2015-01-13 at 04:37 PM.

Deleted
    Thank you very much beerz, that explains a lot and I will work on that. So if I get that under control, a few gear pieces the dmg should basically level out, respectively we will "meet", even when he gets the HC bow. If I understand you correctly.

I do have a question when to use Racial (Orc) and Coin in fight and with what? Do you, or anyone else have suggestions, when to get the greatest gains?

Also regarding dots, from what I understand this has been changed with WOD, that dots are dynamic, so the dmg will automatically adjust according to the buffs as they come and go... is that correct?
    Critsohard has it right with butcher, im not seeing any pet damage so something is either bugged or you simply forgot. The rest looks fine and you had very low TotH proc rate in that fight so perhaps a tad unlucky.

On twins you had great Serpent Sting uptime but your black arrow slacked a little down to 72%. You could have also got an extra Crows off in that fight duration.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't have coin so I can't help you there but I currently have Blood Fury Macro'd to Crows for ease of use. I'm not 100% sure but I believe hunter dots are dynamic.

Quote Originally Posted by critsohard View Post
    Looking at Butcher

Your opener seems off, you're doing ES > Arcane > BA > Crows when you should be doing Crows > ES > BA > Arcane
    You also didn't recast Berserking (3 min CD) on a 4:41 fight
    Also don't bother with explosive trap on single target
    You are using Focusing Shot (good!) but I don't see any pet damage? Might be a bug with WCL however. The pet for me is about 3k dps, so with it active, you should be over 24k.

Edit: It looks like WCL didn't add your pet DPS, because it shows in the damage done part, but not under your name specifically, so I think if you add your damage + your pet damage that would be your total DPS which is right around 25k.
    Oh you are absolutely right, its not adding my pet damage. That explains why my Skada was showing more DPS than the log is...good looking out

Think I should just make a WA for Berserking to not forget about it lol...either that or just macro it into Focusing shot. Good point on the opener too, will change it up. Thanks!

Could someone point out the mistakes my guildmate is doing? (Bellwar). I'm checking out the logs and I feel like he's doing alright, but for some reason his DPS is lacking compared to the other hunters in the guild.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/3zh2NcLqKHCx6Dnp

Any of the fights would do. I know he dies a bit, but even so on the fights which he doesn't die it's still a bit low for his ilvl.
    Also if anyone wants to, check my stuff (Jasmine). I'm sure I should be doing a bit more, and I do forget to refresh some stuff due to the lack of focus. Trying to get better to wait for the CD to pop instead of using some ability.

Forgot armory links:
    Bellwar: (Apparently Armory is still screwed up. I forgot what ilvl he mentioned he was at also.)
    Jasmine: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Jasmine/simple
    Last edited by lMishka; 2015-01-14 at 05:20 AM.

Posting to try and help my guildmate

Spec: SV
    Item Level:667
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...yssaria/simple
    Warcraftlogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/d1wlh9mqpokrmcb2/

So I am raid leader and trying to find out if this is actually where our hunter should be. Personally I expect someone with almost a 670 Ilvl to be pushing 25k+ but if that is unreasonable please let me know. I've done a bit of research myself on top of having my hunter do it as well. To me he uptimes on ES, Sting and Black arrow are all pretty good. He doesnt use ToTH for the Arcane spams that I've seen some others use. He claims it drops his dps by 2-4k depending on the fight. If his logs look normal then please just let me know and i'll just let it go at that.

V/R,
    Torzha

Quote Originally Posted by Devechka View Post
    Could someone point out the mistakes my guildmate is doing? (Bellwar). I'm checking out the logs and I feel like he's doing alright, but for some reason his DPS is lacking compared to the other hunters in the guild.

Any of the fights would do. I know he dies a bit, but even so on the fights which he doesn't die it's still a bit low for his ilvl.
    Also if anyone wants to, check my stuff (Jasmine). I'm sure I should be doing a bit more, and I do forget to refresh some stuff due to the lack of focus. Trying to get better to wait for the CD to pop instead of using some ability.

Forgot armory links:
    Bellwar: (Apparently Armory is still screwed up. I forgot what ilvl he mentioned he was at also.)
    Jasmine:
    For Jasmine:
    - On ST fights, dont bother with Barrage/Explosive Trap, once you stop using that, you should have more focus to shoot Arcane shots which wil up your DPS.

For Bellwar:
    - Shouldn't be using ET
    - Should be using focusing shot w/ Pet whenever possible
    - Seems like he missed about 3 chimaera shots

Thats the most advice I could give about MM, I can't read MM logs properly :<

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deathblack View Post
    Posting to try and help my guildmate

Spec: SV
    Item Level:667

So I am raid leader and trying to find out if this is actually where our hunter should be. Personally I expect someone with almost a 670 Ilvl to be pushing 25k+ but if that is unreasonable please let me know. I've done a bit of research myself on top of having my hunter do it as well. To me he uptimes on ES, Sting and Black arrow are all pretty good. He doesnt use ToTH for the Arcane spams that I've seen some others use. He claims it drops his dps by 2-4k depending on the fight. If his logs look normal then please just let me know and i'll just let it go at that.

V/R,
    Torzha
    Where to start, I'm looking at Butcher specifically (easiest to show mistakes)

- SS uptime only 85%, it's a 100% single target fight, should be easily above 97%
    - BA uptime only 58%, should be 70%+
    - Should have more arcane shot, but this is probably due to focus starving
    - Definitely should be using TOTH
    - Should be using Focusing Shot over LW
    - Shouldn't be using Glaive Toss or Explosive Trap

His damage is EXTREMELY low for a person his ilvl, my hunter is the exact same ilvl and I pull about 28k on Butcher
    Also, please consider using Warcraft logs instead of WoL. WoL is really bad in comparison.

You can see my Butcher log in comparison - warcraftlogs dot com/reports/dfxBwc1j3gNqDHWz#fight=5
    Last edited by critsohard; 2015-01-14 at 03:42 PM.

For Jasmine:
    - On ST fights, dont bother with Barrage/Explosive Trap, once you stop using that, you should have more focus to shoot Arcane shots which wil up your DPS.

For Bellwar:
    - Shouldn't be using ET
    - Should be using focusing shot w/ Pet whenever possible
    - Seems like he missed about 3 chimaera shots

Thats the most advice I could give about MM, I can't read MM logs properly :<
    He switches around between Surv and MM.
    OH! He hasn't been using a pet with focusing? oh pfft, okay that'll help ha! I have my skada showing to be combined with pet for DPS. Thank you. Alrighty, so basically keep track of CS and just a better talent adjustment with pets.

Thank you, wasn't sure if I should always keep them up or not use it. Edit: ST as in Stationary? or ? (too many abbreviations to keep track of)
    Last edited by lMishka; 2015-01-14 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Devechka View Post
    He switches around between Surv and MM.
    OH! He hasn't been using a pet with focusing? oh pfft, okay that'll help ha! I have my skada showing to be combined with pet for DPS. Thank you. Alrighty, so basically keep track of CS and just a better talent adjustment with pets.

Thank you, wasn't sure if I should always keep them up or not use it. Edit: ST as in Stationary? or ? (too many abbreviations to keep track of)
    Single target

Question

Spec: SV ( SF/CROW/BARR/FS )
    Item Level:657
    Expectations: 27k+ on every fight
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rahex/advanced
    Warcraftlogs Link: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/CApyfncrtTd2vJbN

I feel my dps was too low comparing to the hunter on my guild, the gear differential is not too high but my dps always lower than him like 4-7k on every fights.
    Anyway comparing to world rank according to "warcraftlogs.com" other hunter ilvl around mine, and I was doing very low from average dps

Spec: Survival
    Item Level 663
    Expectations: 28k+ ST
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...radin/advanced
    Warcraftlogs Link: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...YBCApt#fight=2

For most fights, Warcraft Logs didn't merge his pet damage with his. So add Crichton to his damage. Friends damage for out Entire Heroic Clear and Kargath Mythic.

Single target
    HA! Oh that makes even more sense. I thought Barrage was better for single target? Or should I still have it specced and just not use it?