Page 95 of 120 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by topapagaramonde View Post
    Really? it's that bad? what am I supposed to tell em? "yer doing everything wrong, go re-read your class guide?". I am not trying to be rude or anything, just trying to understand the gravity of the situation. Is it that they don't understand their rotation or they do but are terribad at it?
    They have a lot of issues with consistancy in everything they do from focus management to just taking bad talents, to up times. Its something that if they play more they will get the hang of. I recommend just making them sit on dummys after raid if they want

I just DL'd Logs today, so sorry I don't have logs to post.
    Well NM guess I can't post them yet anyway.
    I am on aggramar and looks like there is some from past fights but it is all greek to me.
    I am averaging 30-35k on single target. Get to about 40ish on AoE
    The other MM hunter beats me consistently, he does have the T17 four set. Which I did have and don't want to talk about why I don't anymore : /

I just got the H Beating Heart Trink today, I do have Norm Fel Coil as well.
    I got the H Beating hart because Az's guide said it was one of the better ones.
    Mirror dropped tonight, I didn't get it but am wondering if I did if that would be the way to go.

I have found blademaster to be pretty good with fights like Iskar, Archemonde and possibly good with xhul, assault,and mannoroth but those last 3 require good tanks or grips. Don't be afraid to switch trinkets out and test them for yourself, BHotM is great if you can pool and use rapid fire correctly and Fel Coil will just increase your dps by a static amount. If you are playing at higher levels of play BHotM will be the way to go for now but if you aren't just see what works best for you.

Good deal, thank for the reply!

I did notice an increase with the BHotM, over my FC.
    I just always noticed that hunters that were beating me were getting way more multi hits on their aimed shots then me.
    He does run the multishot scope on his gun, is that advised? Or just personal preference.

Quote Originally Posted by Sremmos View Post
    I just DL'd Logs today, so sorry I don't have logs to post.
    Well NM guess I can't post them yet anyway.
    Just leave off the HTTP:\\WWW. portion and people can add that back in.

Mirror dropped tonight, I didn't get it but am wondering if I did if that would be the way to go.
    Mirror is awesome with some serious limitations. It's effectively a pretty decent sized AOE (which is particularly helpful to MM) and does some very good damage, BUT and it's a big one, the effect is immobile.

So on a fight like Blackhand where the targets are more or less constantly in motion, it's not nearly as effective. So I wouldn't trash all your other trinkets just yet.

I did notice an increase with the BHotM, over my FC.
    I just always noticed that hunters that were beating me were getting way more multi hits on their aimed shots then me.
    He does run the multishot scope on his gun, is that advised? Or just personal preference.
    The scope is probably not the source of the difference. If they are MM and spamming Multishot, they may simply be padding their DPS meters. IE. making themselves look better while being less effective in useful ways.

Crit is definitely preferred for MM, but MS is the second best stat, so it's not a bad choice regardless.
    Last edited by Akainakali; 2015-07-08 at 08:42 PM.

Cool, well here is my armory
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/aggramar/Sremmos/simple

I don't have any logs to post, this is what I get when I type my toons name on the site.
    warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/7870349/8/
    I do have the client and raid on Sunday so will have some then.

Would the investment into the crafted gun with mutli and Crit be worth it?

ETA:
    Also, if I am using barrage, does aimed shot with ToTH procs go above it in rotation?
    I know if under rapid or CA they do, talking about outside of those.
    Last edited by Sremmos; 2015-07-08 at 09:47 PM.

Would the investment into the crafted gun with mutli and Crit be worth it?
    Worth it depends on your in game resources and raid progression. The maxed out Shrediron of the savage is a significant improvement over what you have and MM depends on their weapon for more of their damage than SV or BM.

If you're going to be killing later heroic bosses soon and you don't have a lot of gold/resources for getting the upgrades to 705 for it, then probably not.

If either of those are not true, then definitely. It's your best weapon short of the heroic version of your crossbow

Also, if I am using barrage, does aimed shot with ToTH procs go above it in rotation?
    I know if under rapid or CA they do, talking about outside of those.
    Barrage trumps AS/TotH, only if there are multiple targets.
    Last edited by Akainakali; 2015-07-10 at 02:30 PM.

Spec Marksmanship
    Item Level 700
    Expectations: Increase dps by around 5 to 10k on each boss.
    Armory Link: us.battle[dot]net/wow/en/character/proudmoore/Charl%C3%B3ne/advanced
    Warcraftlogs Link: www[dot]warcraftlogs.com/reports/Kw8vRGNQJP2F6Lga

Based on my rankings against hunters with similar item levels, I am sure that I'm doing something wrong. I should be doing about 5-10k more dps per fight (with the exception of gimmicks like Bloodboil and Kilrogg of course).

Guess I still can't post proper links.

You do seem to be doing a few too many Steady shots and you are capping focus more than you should. Not terribly so, but Steady shot is your least damaging and least useful attack.

Your shots seem to be hitting noticeably less hard than mine, despite a higher iLvl. This is likely primarily due to my having the 705 Shrediron vs your 690. So I'd prioritize getting that.

MM lives and dies by their weapon, so having the best one you possibly can should always be your top priority.

You might want to consider hanging on to the T17 4 piece until you have the T18 4 set piece, that probably also factors in. Though the 2 piece T17/18 vs 4 piece T17 seem to be about even in value from what I've seen.

The Fel Coil seems like a weak trinket to me. The Proc/On use almost always seem to be much stronger in practice due to buff stacking. Blademaster's Mirror does some really nice damage, but takes a bit of skill/practice to use since it's AOE (a weakness of MM) is a fixed location once activated, so it's not so useful on heavy movement fights like Blackhand.

It takes 10 posts IIRC to be able to post links.

I'll try to watch my focus better. I've been trying to cast Aimed Shot more often than I had been before, but I guess it's still not quite enough.

I figured my weapon might be part of the problem. I was actually still using the 685 crossbow in those logs. I upgraded the gun last night, and plan on upgrading it further once I get the felblight since I didn't get any weapons in normal or heroic this week.

Trinket-wise, my other options are the mythic DST and heroic Blackiron Trigger. I would think that the raw stat gain from the Fel Coil would put it above them, but I can't into math and I've never done simcraft stuff before so I don't really know.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlone View Post
    I'll try to watch my focus better. I've been trying to cast Aimed Shot more often than I had been before, but I guess it's still not quite enough.

I figured my weapon might be part of the problem. I was actually still using the 685 crossbow in those logs. I upgraded the gun last night, and plan on upgrading it further once I get the felblight since I didn't get any weapons in normal or heroic this week.

Trinket-wise, my other options are the mythic DST and heroic Blackiron Trigger. I would think that the raw stat gain from the Fel Coil would put it above them, but I can't into math and I've never done simcraft stuff before so I don't really know.
    You're not wasting an enormous amount of focus. Maybe twice as much as I usually seem to, but you are wasting more. It's not something I'd loose sleep over, we're probably talking about a handful of AS at most.

In any case a 20 ilvl deficit on your weapon + less than ideal secondary stats, would almost certainly account for most of the difference in damage.

I frankly don't understand how the Fel Coil is rated as highly as it is. It has about 100 less agility on it than most of the heroic trinkets from BRF and while it's got a decent chunk of constant crit and mastery, it doesn't seem like either trumps the deficit in agility and the amount of crit/mastery seems to largely be a wash vs a proc/on use trinket. Mastery isn't exactly a terrific stat for MM either.
    Last edited by Akainakali; 2015-07-10 at 08:08 PM.

So I'm wanting to get better. Here's a log of an Iron Reaver kill where I think I scored about 86% in my ilvl range.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/y3CfrJkZat1KbvT8/

Here is my armory.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...house/advanced

Simulation Craft is showing about 48476 DPS in current gear. I did 43445 on Recount but my effective was 40,402 on Warcraftlogs.

I've tried to get my gun to be crit/multi but after 60+ Didi's Delicate Assembly attempts, I gave up at Crit/Versa for now. I bought out the AH of the assemblies so gotta wait for them to repopulate at a lower price.

What am I doing wrong?
    Last edited by rulee; 2015-07-14 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rulee View Post
    So I'm wanting to get better. Here's a log of an Iron Reaver kill where I think I scored about 86% in my ilvl range.

What am I doing wrong?
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=45

That's one of my more recent kills with t17h 4p - about 30s faster, but you have exactly the same amount of chimaera shots done and 2 more killshots ;
    also you used second pot without rapid fire

May take those into consideration
    Last edited by Ivytea; 2015-07-14 at 07:51 PM.

Deleted
    Doomglazer
    Spec MM
    Item Level 693
    Expectations: I want to do 5 to 7 k more dps on all boss fights
    Armory Link: eu dot battle.net/wow/en/character/turalyon/Doomglazer/advanced
    Warcraftlogs Link: www dot warcraftlogs.com/reports/N4bv7DmBwFdZ2hn9#boss=-2

Hello and thanx in advance for your help. In most of the boss fights im always around the 10th dps spot. I know i can do better and that im doing something wrong but cant put my finger on it.
    Thats why i hope the community can help me with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivytea View Post
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=45

That's one of my more recent kills with t17h 4p - about 30s faster, but you have exactly the same amount of chimaera shots done and 2 more killshots ;
    also you used second pot without rapid fire

May take those into consideration
    Honestly with his gear compared to yours its pretty close. Also i think that iss a terrible fight to view on gents. If you want single target do Fel Lord and if you want add switching view Kilrog

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doomy View Post
    Doomglazer
    Spec MM
    Item Level 693
    Expectations: I want to do 5 to 7 k more dps on all boss fights
    Armory Link: eu dot battle.net/wow/en/character/turalyon/Doomglazer/advanced
    Warcraftlogs Link: www dot warcraftlogs.com/reports/N4bv7DmBwFdZ2hn9#boss=-2

Hello and thanx in advance for your help. In most of the boss fights im always around the 10th dps spot. I know i can do better and that im doing something wrong but cant put my finger on it.
    Thats why i hope the community can help me with this.
    using your council fight bud

1-Sniper training is at 69% should be near 100, on mythic mine is about 97-99% and watching the replay you shouldnt be moving that much
    2-You barraged only 1 target a few times, if you can't hit all 3 just stick to the AS spam bud
    3-Probably going to be said a million times on this thread but Chim shot on cd
    4-Kill shot as much as you can, you missed a few
    5-DO NOT MULTI SHOT, sorry bout caps but just let that sink in, your job in MM is not to multi shot bud, you did it 19 times and that takes away so much damage from you. Idc if there is 50 targets up your job isn't to multishot, pick a higher priority target and kill it.

good job on not wasting focus though bud you did that pretty decent on getting focus before rapid fires too. Do those few things and you should see your dps increase. I also personally use RF on the Pull for the increased focus while all your pots are up but others argue differently, maybe try both out and see what works best for you.

Spec MM
    Item Level 694 (692 in logs, upgrades today!~)
    Expectations: More dps in general. I feel like I'm fucking up somewhere because my numbers aren't that great.
    Armory Link: wow/en/character/sargeras/Beastonomics/advanced
    Warcraftlogs Link: /rankings/character/10334590/latest/#

this, https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...one&source=647 will be the link I am going to use

1-Glyph stampede, you are losing out on 2/5ths of the damage already (other note w/e pet is called make sure its in ferocity)
    2-chim shot on cd, you did 19 out of 25. Think about it like this your average chim shot hit 125k, your average aimed 64, and kill 78k. Don't miss out on them
    3-Go into Rapid fire with more focus, you went in at 48, try to get it at 100+
    4-potion with a rapid fire or other buffs such as stampede. In this case you shouldve potted during lust/hero as you used your 2nd rapid fire.
    5-90% uptime on sniper training is not great for a patchwork fight, glyph disengage and in 1 second in that fight you can be anywhere.

2: Is it better to not cast an AiS in preparation for Chim shot? i.e if I use AiS I wont have the focus to cast chim until I steady shot or wait for it. I was told to "never stop casting" is this an exception?

3.) When Rapid fire is coming off cd (5-10 sec prior) should I be steady shotting to get 100+ focus before activating it? I'm not sure if thats what you were saying. If thats the case, should I use other things in my rotation (chimeara), put that on cd, use steady shot to get to 100+ focus, then activate rapid fire?

4.) Understood.

But yeah I think my main issue is I'm not sure when to stop casting AiS because I'm always left focus starved and waiting to use chim, and having to cast a steady shot to even use chim, meaning I'm losing time and dps whenever it's just sitting there waiting to be used, but im out of focus.

Spec Marksmanship
    Item Level 697
    Expectations: Rank 1 hunter in the world (jk)
    Armory Link: battle.net/wow/en/character/sargeras/Nygax/advanced
    Warcraftlogs Link: warcraftlogs.com/reports/yhXc7KqbHfMatBLk#fight=4&type=summary

I'm already doing pretty good, but I'm not ranking #1 which means there are ways for me to improve :P just looking for any little things I may be missing

Hey I think I could do some more dps in my gear currently. Some tips/advices would be awesome
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Halynka/simple armory and some logs:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=13

Thank you Serendia!