Page 46 of 120 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alth View Post
    I did not check his global count, HERP
    How dare you

Quote Originally Posted by Alth View Post
    I did not check his global count, HERP
    It's the most common mistake, even among people that otherwise know their class very well, and if you check a top parsing player versus a non-parsing player with the same gear/otherwise equal situations, global count is almost always the difference, and sometimes that difference is huge. Auditing SentryTotem teaches you a lot of things, sign up!
    Last edited by Azortharion; 2014-05-17 at 11:10 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kissthebaby View Post
    How dare you
    am sry sur

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Main DPS loss here is p.bad RNG, but to things you can change, your global count is fairly low, e.g. "cast more" or "cast all the time" becomes crucial at this stage in the game, because you know what buttons to press, mostly, but low global counts is usually a case of being in doubt of what to cast next.

Just for rough comparison, http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...ce=3&options=2 - 231 active globals spend in 4:55

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...ce=8&options=2 - in 4:47, this guy managed 254 active globals in 8 seconds less. Now he got some better Explosive Shot RNG, but even removing that from the equation he got 13 more globals of ~370.5k damage each (averaged you and his DPS) which is almost 5 million damage lost in globals not spend - that's a 6% DPS loss.

He used Fervor as well, significantly reducing his Arcane count (in theory), but he still managed as many as you did.

This vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgDjG_0ecTI might help with this. (Naturally you won't be able to match the log I linked in terms of DPS with 559 iLvl, it was just an example).

EDIT: Also, remove /cast Dash from all the macros you put it into, destroys your DPS on a lot of SoO fights.
    Could a lower global count be attributed to latency? I tend to play between 75-110 latency. I will admit there are times I hesitate as I don't want to focus starve myself from non toth AS, but didn't think I was doing that bad, will work on it. I keep dash off always, and only use it manually for thok.

I agree with sometimes having trouble with black arrow. I tend to cast it at times, forgetting not to cast it if the target does before the full duration and at times from crazy LnL procs. I'm fairly new to the class (3-4months) so I'm still somewhat getting used to more advanced aspects such as these.

Thank you for the help

It could, but it'd take really bad latency to make a significant difference (way bigger than 110).

You do seem to use Dash by having it macroed into all abilities, because your Dash uptime was 50% (highest possible), and Iron Juggernaut doesn't move/your pet doesn't ever have to move, I'd double-check macros.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerodynamic View Post
    Could a lower global count be attributed to latency? I tend to play between 75-110 latency. I will admit there are times I hesitate as I don't want to focus starve myself from non toth AS, but didn't think I was doing that bad, will work on it. I keep dash off always, and only use it manually for thok.

I agree with sometimes having trouble with black arrow. I tend to cast it at times, forgetting not to cast it if the target does before the full duration and at times from crazy LnL procs. I'm fairly new to the class (3-4months) so I'm still somewhat getting used to more advanced aspects such as these.

Thank you for the help
    Before SV 4pc, I advocated playing at a generally high focus level in SV since there's no "hidden" focus gains in the spec like there is in BM (from some passive). I'm talking like playing at 60-80 focus, because you could BA when needed, ES on CD, and when BA was on CD for awhile, weave in AS. This obviously changes based on your focus talent, but with ToTH this was generally true, while with Fervor you wanted to have a dump phase every 30s. With the 4pc this becomes tricky as hell. I'd recommend almost playing at 50 as soon as LnL/ES is on CD, and then try for 30-40ish when you're about to get a LnL proc. It's a delicate balance to maintain, and tbh, I think this is where target dummies help the most, to find sweet spots in terms of focus.

I think it's a waste to purposefully not spend focus you have if you're capable of thinking a few steps ahead to see what you can do to build the focus required for upcoming situations.

latency would have very little effect on global count, it's jitter that will screw you over.

If your latency is consistent throughout the fight, someone with 300ms will maybe be 1 global behind someone with 10ms if they are equally skilled and that's just due to the opener.

Jitter means your latency is unstable and jumping about, this will cause you to lose globals.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    I think it's a waste to purposefully not spend focus you have if you're capable of thinking a few steps ahead to see what you can do to build the focus required for upcoming situations.
    It's only a waste if you don't end on zero at the end of the fight. It's just shifting a few Cobra shots earlier to maintain the post-burst focus levels higher than 0. I personally find playing at 0 focus a huge pain in the ass, and thus only do it when I have major abilities coming off CD (BA + ES, AMoC, or end of BW in BM). It's the same theory that existed behind Viper aspect, you weren't wasting damage as long as 1) you weren't in viper aspect during +dmg phases, and 2) you ended the fight at 0 mana.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    It's only a waste if you don't end on zero at the end of the fight. It's just shifting a few Cobra shots earlier to maintain the post-burst focus levels higher than 0. I personally find playing at 0 focus a huge pain in the ass, and thus only do it when I have major abilities coming off CD (BA + ES, AMoC, or end of BW in BM). It's the same theory that existed behind Viper aspect, you weren't wasting damage as long as 1) you weren't in viper aspect during +dmg phases, and 2) you ended the fight at 0 mana.
    Playing at 60-80 focus will lose you so much passive focus regen from the 4p as you will be capping very often during LNL.

That's why I said the 4pc made it tricky, and that you should play at lower focus levels when you have it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    That's why I said the 4pc made it tricky, and that you should play at lower focus levels when you have it.
    Ah sorry, my goldfish brain

Deleted
    Just a note about latency. While there's a lag compensation tool built in in the game, it only affects cast time spells. So playing with 300 latency helps you not losing any time casting back to back CoS for example, but it doesn't help when spamming AS, it will take you the GCD+latency between shots no matter what.

Deleted
    i am currently debating with myself to go from sv to bm but when i sim or fd sv is still ahead theoratically. harrom hc vs ted nhc though so i would lose 1 ilvl (572) so not worth it right now? O.o

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%AA/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Whylde View Post
    i am currently debating with myself to go from sv to bm but when i sim or fd sv is still ahead theoratically. harrom hc vs ted nhc though so i would lose 1 ilvl (572) so not worth it right now? O.o

I wouldn't use FD for anything at this point, SimCraft is just that mature.

With that gear, go BM with HC Haromm's.

Quote Originally Posted by pichuca View Post
    Just a note about latency. While there's a lag compensation tool built in in the game, it only affects cast time spells. So playing with 300 latency helps you not losing any time casting back to back CoS for example, but it doesn't help when spamming AS, it will take you the GCD+latency between shots no matter what.
    wrong, there is a spell queue system in this game so if the server receives a spell activation before the last GCD has completed it will queue that spell and cast it next unless another input happens before the GCD ends.

- - - Updated - - -

use hc haromms over normal TED even if you are BM

Deleted
    thanks for the quick replies, any tipps on pet management or how not to fuck up as bm? last time i raided bm seriously was sunwell <:

thanks for the quick replies, any tipps on pet management or how not to fuck up as bm? last time i raided bm seriously was sunwell <:
    Figure out a nice way to switch targets with one button hit (a /petattack) bind. I put it into Kill Command so I can tap a bind I'm used to for switching targets.

Not so much a fix my DPS as more of a 'Fix my stats' since before christmas I was basically raiding SV for progression >_> first normal then heroic.. getting to go back to BM finally now I have better than flex TED
    eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Silvermoon/Xerosaur/advanced
    Current reforges etc -shrug- honestly not 100% sure if good/bad getting a lot of flak for having "retarded amounts of haste and mastery" and "lol ur bad no crit" /sigh

Obviously working on getting nice HCWF wep, upgrading trash belt and a ring off paragons. Got tier hat which I plan on switching back to once hcwf garrosh chest drops (seen helm/shoulders on same kill hcwf lel)

My main ish concern is maybe I do have too much haste idk, can't run sims atm or laptop will liquify

Quote Originally Posted by Xeromus View Post
    Not so much a fix my DPS as more of a 'Fix my stats' since before christmas I was basically raiding SV for progression >_> first normal then heroic.. getting to go back to BM finally now I have better than flex TED
    eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Silvermoon/Xerosaur/advanced
    Current reforges etc -shrug- honestly not 100% sure if good/bad getting a lot of flak for having "retarded amounts of haste and mastery" and "lol ur bad no crit" /sigh

Obviously working on getting nice HCWF wep, upgrading trash belt and a ring off paragons. Got tier hat which I plan on switching back to once hcwf garrosh chest drops (seen helm/shoulders on same kill hcwf lel)

My main ish concern is maybe I do have too much haste idk, can't run sims atm or laptop will liquify
    http://i.imgur.com/vj3KYyU.png is fully optimized Surv as your gear stands right now (which isn't bad, your Haste and Mastery levels are just fine, Crit is fairly high too).