1. #1

    With SURVIVAL buffs, pet question.

    Hi all,


    New to hunter so be gentle if I'm asking a stupid question.
    I am aware that pets are no longer the way they were whereby talents etc determined which was superior however with the changes to survival I am looking at trying it out and from what I read there seems to be a trend forming that Focusing Shot & Exotic Munitions are the better choices for survival and if that is the case I assume I'll have to start using a pet again.

    My question is, is there a 'best' pet or 'must have' group of pets for raiding and why?

    Thanks for replies,
    Campbell

  2. #2
    They give buffs, but most raid settings will cover almost all of the buffs. if your raid for some reason is missing a buff, run that pet otherwise I dont think it matters anymore.

  3. #3
    Lovely so that means that for example a Wolf pet/Tiger pet does the same dps as a Bear pet as long as they are both specced in to Ferocity?
    Disregarding the raid buffs of course.

    Thanks for reply!

  4. #4
    Yes I believe so, pet damage was normalized across the board with the exception of their raid buffs.

  5. #5
    Get a Sporebat.

    But no seriously, this link should have a lot of useful info for you on Hunter pets: http://aspectofthemurloc.com/hunter-...-should-i-get/

  6. #6
    Thanks folks.

  7. #7
    From my experience, Focusing Shot is better than Lone Wolf for Survival by about 2,000 DPS.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    From my experience, Focusing Shot is better than Lone Wolf for Survival by about 2,000 DPS.
    Not a chance. 200, sure, 2000? Just no.
    WoD Main:
    - Footwork ~ Hunter
    MoP Main:
    - Hexn ~ Shadowpriest
    - SoO WoL rankings // WOL ranks previous tiers

  9. #9
    If you are doing 2k more dps with FS than LW, you are doing something horribly wrong with your rotation/priorities.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulm View Post
    If you are doing 2k more dps with FS than LW, you are doing something horribly wrong with your rotation/priorities.
    The more AoE you have, the more FS pulls away from LW. It's more likely to hit upwards of 3k on 3 target fights, and 6k+ on 6+ target fights. You can see a complete breakdown of talents and target numbers at the following (along with Simcraft settings for how to check this for yourself).

    http://forums.elitistjerks.com/topic...-60/?p=2276641

  11. #11
    also with reply to you effin, the shorter the fight the more effective lone wolf is also. On any fight you lust at the beginning you get more out of lonewolf than you do focusing shot from what i have tested. Focusing shot is amazing and my favorite skill but i will always take lw on fights like kargath

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulm View Post
    If you are doing 2k more dps with FS than LW, you are doing something horribly wrong with your rotation/priorities.
    I can Multi-Shot and Arcane shot more than I can with your regular Cobra Shot. Hence more DPS.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    I can Multi-Shot and Arcane shot more than I can with your regular Cobra Shot. Hence more DPS.
    So? Lone Wolf shots hit harder. Your statement literally means absolutely nothing.

    In Single Target the two talents are so close such that even small amounts of player error will likely make the LW superior option. In AE its a bit different as LW doesn't effect Serpent Sting.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Effinhunter View Post
    The more AoE you have, the more FS pulls away from LW. It's more likely to hit upwards of 3k on 3 target fights, and 6k+ on 6+ target fights. You can see a complete breakdown of talents and target numbers at the following (along with Simcraft settings for how to check this for yourself).

    http://forums.elitistjerks.com/topic...-60/?p=2276641
    That's fine and dandy but the person I was referring to did not mention the type of fight and when people do not include specific fights, they generally are referring to single target DPS

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •