Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

4.3 and Pyrite Ore...

So epic gems only drops from raids?

Feel kinda stupid now that i have 2 banktabs full of Pyrite Ore that i thought i was gonna prospect...

Now what do i do?

Quote Originally Posted by Denied View Post
    So epic gems only drops from raids?

Feel kinda stupid now that i have 2 banktabs full of Pyrite Ore that i thought i was gonna prospect...

Now what do i do?
    this is old news, you can make the pyriums into truegolds though

Deleted
    haha i got 20k pyrite

Sell them or prospsec them?

You can still prospect them you know ? ..

Deleted
    im gonna save them, because if i know blizzard then they are gonna wait a while and make sure every "idiot" that stacked up gets rid of theirs THEN they make the change

Deleted
    im gonna save them, because if i know blizzard then they are gonna wait a while and make sure every "idiot" that stacked up gets rid of theirs THEN they make the change
    Highly unlikely. Doing this will result in you making yourself look like an "idiot"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hezar View Post
    Congratulate yourself for being one of the 10000000 fools that thought that blizzard would use common sense.
    I love how Blizzard has just trolled everyone

Join the club

Dont count on it, they said their intention was for it to take almost the duration of the patch being current content for the average player to replace blue gems with full epic gems, doing it slowly over time. If anything they'll probably just end up buffing the drop rate from raids after a while.

15+ Year Old Account
    Which has never happened, and will never.

Congratulate yourself for being one of the 10000000 fools that thought that blizzard would use common sense.
    So it's common sense for Blizzard to roll out epic gems in a way that they would immediately flood the market?

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    2 days after the news "epic gems won't drop from pyrite" the price dropped to 16-17g/stack (even less sometimes) so bought them all and prospected > after a week i sold all the gems/enchanting mats for 400% of that price

next time don't start stockpilling mats because of speculations (well, technically i should say to do so )

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else find it amusing and ironic that pyrite is also called "Fools Gold"?
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffman View Post
    So it's common sense for Blizzard to roll out epic gems in a way that they would immediately flood the market?
    This exactly, they KNEW there was tons of people saving up pyrite ore just for this purpose. Having them drop in raids will keep their prices high, but allows anyone who raids to have a chance to get one to use, trade, or sell. Basically, spreading the wealth instead of having all the miners and JC'ers doing the usual 'get rich quick' routine. And it'll be a big deal every time you replace a blue gem with an epic one, so more people will be more conscious of WHERE they're sticking these things instead of just filling all the slots of their 353 gear with epic gems cause they're cheap.

And truegold is still in decent demand, as the blue gems will be even after 4.3 drops, so smelt or prospect it all.
    I am your Blood Queen. You must submit.

Deleted
    You made an assumption to try to profit. Sometimes it pays off, sometimes it doesn't,

I made a fortune when you guys sold your stacks after the patch, 20g per stack + prospecting <3

Deleted
    Im just thinking back to WOTLK when i had a bunch of Titanium Ore and sold it, then after a while Blizzard changed it so that making Titansteel Bars no longer had a cooldown... oh the money i could have had if i just saved all that Titanium...

They'll probably change it sometime after 4.3 has arrived when people realize that the guys and girls that raid and do arena have a step up over those that just do arena. Especially if they decide to make the epic gems only drop for dedicated raids instead of random raids. That means pvp'ers will need people to raid with to get epic gems to have equal footing in arena/rbgs. The only other option they'd have is to make sure the pvp gear doesn't allow epic gems.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavian View Post
    They'll probably change it sometime after 4.3 has arrived when people realize that the guys and girls that raid and do arena have a step up over those that just do arena. Especially if they decide to make the epic gems only drop for dedicated raids instead of random raids. That means pvp'ers will need people to raid with to get epic gems to have equal footing in arena/rbgs. The only other option they'd have is to make sure the pvp gear doesn't allow epic gems.
    If they are rare, raiders will put their gems in raid gear, not pvp. So it would be equal footing.
    Also, Epic gem transmutes patterns are still in the game files.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.