Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Depending on the Alchemy patterns, alchemists may be in need of a lot of rare gems to transmute into epics. Might still be work prospecting them. But I would probably hold on to half of it and prospect the other half and sell the uncut gems on the AH. Granted wait until we know for sure that the tranmutes take the rare gems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Give to me, ill prospect them and make a billion gold and control my servers economy mwuauauauuaahahhahahahah!!!!!! xD

Deleted
    Go very long on this, and sell them throughout next expansion

15+ Year Old Account
    In a place where hordes of squirrels roam free.
    Quote Originally Posted by Punks View Post
    Which has never happened, and will never.
    A long line of historical "never gonna happen"-happenings by blizzard might just wanna remind you of how hypocritical you just sounded.
    Speaking for morality in economics is like fucking for virginity.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are going to prospect them, better do it now.

Blizzard even totally destroy the vendor price for gems (cut and uncut) in 4.3

Deleted
    If you have an alchemist who is transmutation specced prospect them all and get him to turn them into gems. Come 4.3 people will need tonnes of cut gems for their new gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavian View Post
    They'll probably change it sometime after 4.3 has arrived when people realize that the guys and girls that raid and do arena have a step up over those that just do arena. Especially if they decide to make the epic gems only drop for dedicated raids instead of random raids. That means pvp'ers will need people to raid with to get epic gems to have equal footing in arena/rbgs. The only other option they'd have is to make sure the pvp gear doesn't allow epic gems.
    If a raider says he needs an epic gem for gear and ends up putting it in his Arena set thats a good way to get a swift boot from the raid team. It will be months before any sort of pvp advantage will kick in for raiders, at which point gems will be readily available on the AH and gold is easy to get for anyone. There's also no rule saying PvP players can't go into DS with a pug and clear a boss or two (Morchok looks easy as hell). People that really want to be on top will do just that, Blizzard doesn't have to do shit to cater to PvPers in this regard.
    Last edited by Dhurn; 2011-10-16 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaka View Post
    Highly unlikely. Doing this will result in you making yourself look like an "idiot"
    I actually doubt they won't change anything when "casual" players blizz cares so much about will QQ on forums "epic gems are reserved for no lifers thats unfair hear me BLIZZ we pay subscription as well".

My 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    If you are going to prospect them, better do it now.

Blizzard even totally destroy the vendor price for gems (cut and uncut) in 4.3
    Why would you ever vendor blue quality cut gems?
    --Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do- (B. Franklin)--

because you can't be arsed trying to sell them during a few days for 17 gold maybe idk, at least i always vendor blue/yellow/green blue quality gems, it might be a mistake but i don't feel like selling them at AH

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to wait till 4.3 goes live till I do anything with my Pyrite, if they won't let us prospect it for epic gems then, then I'm going to prospect it for normal gems and vol. earth. Might keep a bit to sell after next expac hits if I don't need the space, it'll probably be worth a fortune then, like wotlk ore is now on most servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hezar View Post
    Congratulate yourself for being one of the 10000000 fools that thought that blizzard would use common sense.
    haha, nice one lol

Turn half a guildtab of pyrite ore into bars
    Prospect the rest

Do the shuffle, make ebonsteel belt buckles, and about 20 weapon chains.

Quote Originally Posted by Artavur View Post
    Go very long on this, and sell them throughout next expansion
    I would like everyone to go to their local Auction House and check the price of titanium, and then realize that this is the best advice so far.

Deleted
    your be able to buy the gems for VP/Conc from the vendors most likely due to pvpers unable to gain access.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaka View Post
    Highly unlikely. Doing this will result in you making yourself look like an "idiot"
    I have a sneaking suspicion Truegold will come off the CD not too long after 4.3. So could well still be worthwhile holding onto them.

No, the gems are raid drops only. You wont be buying them from anywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StarbuyPWNDyou View Post
    I love how Blizzard has just trolled everyone
    not the first time, remember the honor fiasco?

---------- Post added 2011-10-17 at 12:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Protectus View Post
    your be able to buy the gems for VP/Conc from the vendors most likely due to pvpers unable to gain access.
    I was wondering how this would work. but i will most likely work in that the gems will cost honor, meaning alot of pve players will be in bg's for those gems.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

10+ Year Old Account
    probably MC,trying to get eye of sulfuras >_>
    Quote Originally Posted by Hezar View Post
    Congratulate yourself for being one of the 10000000 fools that thought that blizzard would use common sense.
    sig'd XD
    10char

Lets just see if this dosent involve rare gems and then Pyrite will be good again