Video Discolouration

Im not sure if discolouration is the right term but here is my issue, Every video regardless of source that ive downloaded over the last 2 days has had discolouration. It dosnt appear in any of my other videos so I don't think it is my monitor. I don't think its the video format not being able to play properly (they are all .mkv) as I have many more of that type that work. What else could cause this?

EDIT: thanks for moving this I completely forgot there was a computer section

Last edited by simsy1991; 2011-10-17 at 05:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you test the old videos since this problem occurred to know, for sure, that they still work?

P.S. Could a mod move this to computer help please. It would be better answered there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do they also have bar-shaped video distortion and slight audio static? Do any of them have a tall man in a suit in the background? It might be the Slender Man.

Jokes aside, try using a different video playback software and see if the discoloration exists in other programs. If it does, you've got a problem with the individual files; if not, you've got a problem with your video viewer and should try reinstalling it.
    Thank you dubbelbasse for the excellent sig!

So an issue with the individual file as it is corrupted in all my videos viewers. What could cause multiple video files from different sources to do this besides bad luck? I havnt seen any bad feedback from other people after they downloaded the same files.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by simsy1991 View Post
    So an issue with the individual file as it is corrupted in all my videos viewers. What could cause multiple video files from different sources to do this besides bad luck? I havnt seen any bad feedback from other people after they downloaded the same files.
    To be honest, I'm not sure. Have you tried playing these files on another computer? Flash drive them to a computer at the public library or something, and see if they play ok there. If they work fine on another computer, your computer has the problem, but if they don't, then something is corrupting the files between the download site and your computer (I guess maybe a connection problem?).
    Thank you dubbelbasse for the excellent sig!

Ill try that while I also try an alternate download method

---------- Post added 2011-10-17 at 04:52 PM ----------

I found the issue. Turns out these are 10-bit not 8-bit whatever that means and after I updated my cccp its all good.