New PC Overclocking Tests

Hey guys, I just got my computer built a few days ago and I just now started doing some overclocking tests. Here is what I got.
    Is there anything I can do to maybe get better output with the least amount of voltage and heat or am I doing okay?

Current Settings.

4.6 GHZ
    1.36 Vcore
    33C Idle Temp
    66C Under Load

I tried overclocking to 4.8 with a 1.38 but my CPU went unstable and had to do a hard-boot. At 1.4V it was stable but the temps were reaching 75C Under Full load. Should I be worried? I have a A70 Corsair CPU Cooler and a P8Z68-V Motherboard.

Deleted
    75c is reasonable temperature with such a cooler (depends on ambient temperature a lot of course). 4.8Ghz is a pretty high overclock for a SB chip, and the A70 - while a great cooler - isn't very high-end. Is there any reason as to why you are trying to push higher than 4.6Ghz?

As always, what voltage you need for a given overclock depends solely on the individual chip. Some are lucky and get chips that can run 5Ghz on 1.36V, and some are unlucky and need 1.4V to reach 4.5Ghz.

For a detailed overclocking guide see this: http://www.overclock.net/intel-gener...uide-p67a.html

It really was just peaking my interest. Not that I'm going to really ever need 4.8 GHz OC anyway, I'm just happy to know that my CPU is capable and sitting in between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    I found anything above 4.3Ghz is VERY difficult to tell in anything except benchmarks, right up to 5Ghz, the FPS increase in most games was minimal. Of course, i did see a substantial performance increase going from stock to 4.3Ghz, but above that, it was so negligable it was hardly worth it. As it is, i'm settled on 4.6Ghz purely because it's what i've been able to keep stable, whereas my 4.3Ghz overclock tends to need almost identical levels of voltage to stay stable.
    Pretty much this, 5.0GHz for me gave me a placebo effect of feeling faster, but when I really paid attention it was all in my head. I'm at 4.2GHz 24/7 because as Synthaxx mentioned the real-world performance difference just isn't noticeable to me past that point. 3.3GHz to 4.2GHz, however, sure is.

If I ever feel the need to benchmark my PC, I'll ramp it up to 4.8-4.9GHz (5.0GHz isn't quite bench stable in all tests), but I don't like running my PC close to its limits for 24/7 work.
    Super casual.