Poll: Was it justified?

Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Was my guild kicking justified

I was part of a 25 man raiding team. I was one of two resto shamans. I was also the lowest performing healer in each fight (not by a lot, but I was almost always the bottom rank). I was kicked out of the guild and replaced by a resto druid (only raiders can be in the guild). We had no other resto druid, and he does perform better than anyone else in the guild. Was this justified? Is it really worth sacrificing a member of 9 months to get someone a bit better?

Through thick and thin our guild always held together. We carry those who we know are weaker (one of our mages does half the DPS of our best mage, but he is a great guy and really tries so we keep him around.) Some guilds are about having fun as a team, others are about winning. I guess you found out which you were a part of...

I personally chose the last option

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I would have to see logs to decide whether a kick was justified or not. I would also have to see whether your performance was specifically a hinderance to the progression of the guild.

Also, a resto druid out performing a resto shaman is pretty much expected.
    Last edited by Dakia; 2011-10-17 at 04:39 PM.

Yes, replacing the bottom dps or heal with someone who performs better than anyone else in the guild will almost always be a good thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it's affecting progression in a really negative way maybe, but if it hasn't slowed anyone down or caused any wipes then no... was it a cause of many wipes? (you never mentioned wipes, I'm guessing there weren't many, if any)

I'd say move on, plenty of other guilds out there in search of healers that will be only to happy to take you on.
    Last edited by Blockygame; 2011-10-17 at 04:42 PM.
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

If that's your guild's policy, to kick people who aren't raiders, and they are replacing you with somebody who is much better... well, that's pretty black and white then. I'm assuming you were told beforehand that you either had to step it up or risk being replaced.

Yes, it was justified. I mean, replacing the weakest link (no offense) with a new player whos better then the rest sounds like a pretty good deal for the guild as a whole.

well mabey its not justified, but the fact is resto druids are just better healers the resto shammys. Not really sure why they kicked you tho, seems very dickish, most guilds i have been in people just get demoted or asked to re-roll to a better class :/

It's the "trade up" philosophy. It doesn't work in business either.

Morale is hard to quantify, but it won't improve no matter how long the floggings continue if everybody is expecting to be next on the chopping block.

Deleted
    I was part of a 25 man raiding team. I was one of two resto shamans.
    Assuming that your guild has more than the healers you need on a raid. ( 7+ ) I don't believe this could be the sole reason you have been kicked. Underperforming on meters is one thing - not being responsive in raids and having your fair share of mistakes on bosses is another. If the guild really was in your league, clearly you'd just have been put on sitout more often.

Not quite sure what the point of this topic is.

Quote Originally Posted by FiveMacSuperSmash View Post
    I was part of a 25 man raiding team. I was one of two resto shamans. I was also the lowest performing healer in each fight (not by a lot, but I was almost always the bottom rank). I was kicked out of the guild and replaced by a resto druid (only raiders can be in the guild). We had no other resto druid, and he does perform better than anyone else in the guild. Was this justified? Is it really worth sacrificing a member of 9 months to get someone a bit better?
    9 month member? I wouldn't have kicked you. I would discuss your performance with you. I think the guilds main focus is the deciding factor. If you were a member and you are slowing down a progression focused guild, it's somewhat more understandable.

For those asking about the guild performance, we were progressing slowly, but surely. We downed at least 1 new boss everyweek. We wipe a lot (mostly due to the DPS, who in turn blame the healers, but you guys probably know that story.)

I actually just got a message that one of the other guildies has quit and I can take his spot (as ele, but that is my original set anyways).

So crisis solved?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rvlzr View Post
    Yes, replacing the bottom dps or heal with someone who performs better than anyone else in the guild will almost always be a good thing.
    For progression, yes.

For the social aspect of the guild, no.

My guild would NEVER kick someone based on performance. We would help that person out as much as possible. If a better healer joined the guild, we would most likely let that healer come along for the more progression based runs but we would never actually KICK the first healer.

Then again, I guess some guilds are like family and others are like a socially crappy workplace where individuals count for nothing and performance is everything.

I'd never want to be in the second category.

Sounds justified as the way you put it the guild you was in acted serious, obviously had goals which was probably only to get loot be all and end all and get recognised. But seriously why would anyone want to be in a guild like that...fuck content/gear and all the other stuff get in a guild thats fun!! Makes the game so much better. Just my opinion

For prgoression - Justified
    For the atmosphere in the guild if ONLY RAIDERS in the guild - Justified

Otherwise - No.. not at all.

So crisis solved?
    I believe the word we are looking for is ~ averted. Nothing solved, just dodged.

I'd have to agree with the replacement of you. A resto druid would probably fit better in their roster than 2 shaman progression wise, especially if you were underperforming. However, I feel they could have offered you a social spot at least.

Specifically, if you know you're 'underperforming', not trying to improve would have been my argument to replace you - i don't know if this is the case. Additionally, I'd never use healing meters, especially for shaman, to gauge healer skill.

For those asking about the guild performance, we were progressing slowly, but surely. We downed at least 1 new boss everyweek. We wipe a lot (mostly due to the DPS, who in turn blame the healers, but you guys probably know that story.)

I actually just got a message that one of the other guildies has quit and I can take his spot (as ele, but that is my original set anyways).

So crisis solved?
    Not really, i wouldnt want to go back to a guild that would just kick you as easy as they kicked you the first time. fuck that.
    But i dont know the whole story ie logs how well you was in the guild etc and yet again thats just my opinion.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account

So crisis solved?
    If you want to go back, do so. However, given the history, I wouldn't expect to hold a spot for long unless you are going to do very well as elemental. I'd be wary and be sure to perform your best. Keep screen shots and/or copies of logs in which you perform well for future use in looking for a new guild. I think that it may be necessary sooner than later.

Well, i assume they are trying to build a better team for next tier. It's a bit odd to kick a long term member like that though. It's not something i would do myself. Resto shaman is in a kind of bad spot right now, but we tried to funnel them into dps instead :P Elemental shamans are wicked.