Poll: Was it justified?

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davisdoesdallas View Post
    You are letting your emotions get in the way of rationality. Blizzard has stated that 10 man groups actually have a slightly harder time than most 25m groups. 25ms are carrying usually atleast 1-2 people who are not very good compared to the rest of the team. Can't have that in a 10man. 2 carries and you aren't going to be downing content. Also in 10mans unless specifically planned for, do not have the full extent of raid buffs.
    What I am being is rational, guilds are/were comprised of people, not uberbots that will bring 110% of awesome with rainbows every second of every day.

10 man Firelands, normal and heroic, are far easier then 25 man by a very large margin.

One of many things that are kiling not just WoW, but the MMO genre.

Deleted
    If you had no previous warning or opportunity to improve I'd say it's poor play from your guild. If you had, and didn't improve, you had it coming considering the guilds policy. I do hope they are top250~ if they treat their members like that though, otherwise it just won't be worth it x.x

Replacing you in a raid setup would have been justified. Kicking you because they got someone better/more optimal is not.

Forget it and find a new guild sounds like your better off out of that situation, find a better one and out progress the older guild, very satisfying i can imagine.

10+ Year Old Account
    It depends. Kicking a raider for a better one is ok, but kicking a resto shaman because a druid puts up higher numbers is pretty stupid. You'd have to kick pretty much everyone in favor of a druid.

Deleted
    I have a feeling we are only hearing part of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsandwich732 View Post
    Yes, it was justified. I mean, replacing the weakest link (no offense) with a new player whos better then the rest sounds like a pretty good deal for the guild as a whole.
    hmmm Bigsandwich.. you remind me of the joke where in the mayor of a city hated the last compartment of trains. He ordered that the last compartment be removed and placed in the front.

Are you saying that removing the lowest ranked healer with someone else, would result in not having to deal with the lowest ranked healer anymore.

I admit I didn't read everything but there is a few issues I see here. First of all, no matter how good or awesome 25 people are in a raid. Someone has to be last in DPS and Healing. Blood Legion has to deal with it, just like all the other successful guilds out there. The fact that you were there for quite a while should of gave you some leeway, they could have and I am just not aware of it. If you made an honest effort to be the best healer you could, and you showed up every raid night, you would still be in my guild. The absolute only justifiable means of getting rid of you they could have is, the guild hit a road block and the healers are the one holding progression back. Getting rid of you for a resto druid they didn't have before and is the top of the meters is probably a good move for the guild itself.

I used to raid as a Holy pally for a long time, back in the days of wearing devout in vanilla. I had and have the shittiest numbers compared to other healers, but the guild told me what my responsibilities were and I made sure they were fulfilled, you want me on the tanks and emergency heals if someone screws up, np. And often times ya I had almost half the healing of druids, priests, and shamans, but my people didn't die. Dont get me wrong I didn't just stand there saying 'not my job' but I couldn't heal people more effective than the other guys and It became a sort of synergy between the healers, they can heal people faster than I can, I can keep my tanks up + I'm the 'lead' dispeller so to speak.

Just find your niche that works well with others. They are out there.

given youve been in the guild 9 months and still performed the lowest constantly and you do not mention gear issues i guess you have been the chains weakest link.
    one cannot argue that you did not hinder progress if your gild did not do world first, so healing surely was an issue at some point or another and this is where you could possibly have made a difference.
    you had plenty of time to practice and better your skills.
    your guild did well to kick you out of the raidpool. (therefore out of the guild in your case)

you should perhaps look for players with lower expectations now. perhaps you get the trick sooner or later, then you can still adavance in the guild ladder.

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredSausage View Post
    Sounds justified as the way you put it the guild you was in acted serious, obviously had goals which was probably only to get loot be all and end all and get recognised. But seriously why would anyone want to be in a guild like that...fuck content/gear and all the other stuff get in a guild thats fun!! Makes the game so much better. Just my opinion
    Cause its fun to wipe all the time due to bad players and such? ya no...

If you perform well tactic wise, and not die to stupid stuff then i would say its their loss, but if you repeatedly die to things you can avoid then i say its justified, being lowest on the healing meters doesnt always mean ur not performing maybe that other shaman (just maybe) stands in fire and heals himself more, and m only comparing you to the other shaman cuz really shaman cannot compete with priests, palas and druids...specially in 25 man, and as far as blizzard saying bring the player not the class....well they failed miserably :P
    Legionnaire Nazgrim yells: Thrall's balls! They're everywhere...

Thanks to Shyama for the lovely signature

I wouldn't have kicked you, but definitely given a warning to improve or else you would be removed from the raid team, nothing more. A guild kick is a bit much.

You'd have to have a massive "I don't give a F***" attitude to your healing for this to be justified.

If the guild has 2 Restoration Shaman, kicking one of them is perfectly justified. The class is complete waste of space and things are not about to change in 4.3, as they haven't in about 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    If that's your guild's policy, to kick people who aren't raiders, and they are replacing you with somebody who is much better... well, that's pretty black and white then. I'm assuming you were told beforehand that you either had to step it up or risk being replaced.
    indeed. if they did give you a heads up to improve and you didnt i agree it was justified.

if you just logged and found yourself guildless, then no.

15+ Year Old Account
    The place with the best beers in the world!
    My option isn't listed here. It all depends on what kind of guild you are in. You should link to their homepage to see the rules...
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...

Well, I don't believe a guild should only exist for raiding purposes. The social aspects are fun as well. I would have sat you from the raid team, but not necessarily kicked you