Deleted

What's the ideal arrangement of DPSes/Healers/Tank below Beth'Tilac in first phase?

I thought of 'stacking' (relatively) on the drone unless you do spiderlings and spinners (since fixate may bring it to spiderlings).

hc

10+ Year Old Account
    if fixate targets someone on spiderlings they have to run back to the 'pack' , its not a hard thing to get people to do.

in our raid we have 1 tank / 1 healer and 4 dps (3melee + 1 mage) going up and every1 else down, which is 1 tank and 4 healers. we get 2 dps + 1 healer on each 'lane' to nuke the spiderlings and soak and every1 else stacks in the 'middle' of the room where the drone is being tanked too.

but yeah, if it targets a spiderling person, it announces on the screen and has travel time before it reaches them, it still shouldnt get time to eat any spiderlings before the person has realised and kited it back to the pack where the tank will be ready to take it back after fixate..
    Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    Just wait for Tirion Fordring to come back from ICC singing "I got 99 problems but a Lich ain't one".
    Armoury

Finding DPS balance was the hardest part for us. It's good to note that as the fight progresses you gradually fall behind in DPS on the bottom. Because of this, You want to front load DPS going up top at the beginning, and back off as you progress. We're a 10 man raid with a Bear/DK Tank, a Disc/Druid/Paladin, and a Marks/Frost/Arcane/Priest/Affliction

Terminology: Phase 1 has 3 Web phases before reaching Phase 2 of the encounter.

What we do that works: For Web P1 we send Bear, Disc, Affliction, Shadow Priest (me) up. Warlock goes before I do. I sometimes wait to dot the first drone but not always (or often).

For Web P2 I make a decision whether to ever go up or not. I rarely do, but the option exists depending on the group's dps. This decision is based on 3 factors. First, all spinners must be dead. Second, Drone DPS matters. If the drones don't die fast enough, bad things happen. Three, I presence down below is to provide interception and aoe damage. The DK is the next logical choice in our makeup, but that just needlessly complicates things for us. If I feel we'll be fine on all three of these, I go up. Generally our kill is cleaner if I don't.

Web P3 Often involves just the warlock going up. I have never thought twice about this. It's just too much of a liability and head ache to keep the drone up. I suppose if we ever feel gutsey we could try leaving it up and letting it die to cleave/dot damage (and pre-nerf that was possibly required for some groups), but we time it so the drone dies JUST as she comes down. With our setup, we're almost always on track in terms of dps if I only go up for the first web. Also, having the drone dead means the healers can make sure they drink their concentration pot, regen as much mana as possible before the fight ramps up, and dps can aoe the last set of adds as a group then promptly switch to Beth. The way I see it, the cleave damage probably isn't worth the extra healing, hassle, and liability.

Interceptors: Anyone can do this really. Since healing tends to be intense, it's best just to not let them reach the healers. Anyone can do this though, all that is involved is not standing in 'bad' and running at the spiders so by the time the snare hits you're already out of the 'bad'. On 25 man having interceptors is a much larger focus than 10 man. On 10 man we still do it but not at the risk of losing a ton of dps.

I will also point out we had Beth eat a spiderling post-nerf and still killed her with 6 up. At around 10-20% I shifted out and started spamming PoH. I don't like doing that but it works and helps you keep up with the aoe damage. It is something to consider. Remember that the HPS of healers is important and so you can drag the fight out a bit longer (tank cooldowns permitting) if a hybrid class can help meet the HPS requirements for aoe healing. I imagine a resto shaman and certainly a ret paladin can help out quite a bit (rain/chain or light/wordofglory). Boomkin/feral Tranq should also certainly be used sub 20+ Beth stacks.

Best of luck!

We've been able to do 1 dps 1 healer per each lane. Frost dk and hunters/druids can do it pretty well.

Deleted
    Let a tank and a healer go up. Rest down, fairly easy with all the nerfs

10+ Year Old Account
    For 10man try and keep a pally (dps tank or healer) downstairs, and if you have a warrior tank them too (with their vigi on other MT up top). The reaon for this is warrior tank gets unlimited taunts basically, and if you don't have one, any pally can taunt upto 3 spinners down at once with righteous defence.

For 25man, as many pallies downstairs = win
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee