Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How to get past 525?

So I have been playing WoW for a while... and I admit, I never looked into this. So I have herb and alch to 525 now, but sometimes I see people in trade advertising their professions LFW and some of them are 530, 535, 540 etc...

How does one achieve this? It seems that no matter how much stuff I do @ 525, there is no forward progression. Any help? Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    racials racials

Deleted
    some races have racial abilities that increases their skill in a profession (taurens got herbalism +10, blood elves +10 enchanting and so on)

Look at your spell book, you'll notice blood elves get +10 to enchanting, a few other races have similar bonuses. Draenei and Jewelcrafting for example.

Some races grant extra skill points into specifics professions. There's nothing you can do to get above 525 if you don't have the specific race and profession combo.

Laughing so much, you laugh silent and end up clapping like a retarded seal.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...../facepalm. If it says 525/525 for you... JUST MAYBE you can't go past it?!
    Looking at your sig, I assume you're a blood elf, you get + 15 points in enchanting. ( Or w/e number it is )

here's all the racials i can think off
    tauren : +10 herbalism
    BE : +10 (?) ench
    goblin :+10(?) alchemy
    dranenei : +10 jc
    edit: gnome : +10 eng

In some very rare cases, there are items that boost your skills.

For example you will notice some lvl 85 bosses cannot be skinned unless u possess 530 skinning.

Which for some reason made me farm The Beast in BRS to get the dagger he drops that increases your skinning by 10.

Quote Originally Posted by JareK View Post
    In some very rare cases, there are items that boost your skills.

For example you will notice some lvl 85 bosses cannot be skinned unless u possess 530 skinning.

Which for some reason made me farm The Beast in BRS to get the dagger he drops that increases your skinning by 10.
    my rogue dual wields zulian slicers for skinning. And theres a glove enchant for gathering too i think

Quote Originally Posted by Spectrez View Post
    Not sure why Im getting the Captain Picard facepalm

Perhaps the 525/525 can be raised somehow to 540/540 with some super secret stuff? idk, thats why I asked. I had no idea the racial profession stuff worked like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DMac84 View Post

Perhaps the 525/525 can be raised somehow to 540/540 with some super secret stuff? idk, thats why I asked. I had no idea the racial profession stuff worked like that.
    Super secret stuff that nobody has. Only racials can get you past 525, and like I said... if the first number is the same exact number as the number on the other side of the forward slash, you can't go any higher. SAME ----> 525 / 525 <---- AS THIS

So when my profession says 75/75, I obviously can't go any higher than 75, right?

It's a valid question for someone who's new to the game. Be understanding. Your life will be better for it.

Now, if they've been playing for a couple years and still haven't caught on to racial profession bonuses, I might raise a brow....

>.> Yeahhh.... racial magic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking at your sig, I assume you're a blood elf, you get + 15 points in enchanting. ( Or w/e number it is )
    Great way to be friendly and stuff. Gg sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleri View Post
    So when my profession says 75/75, I obviously can't go any higher than 75, right?

It's a valid question for someone who's new to the game. Be understanding. Your life will be better for it.

Now, if they've been playing for a couple years and still haven't caught on to racial profession bonuses, I might raise a brow....
    Yeah I have been playing since early 2007 lol. But never rolled a toon's racial profession bonus and rolled that profession. Guess I never thought about it that way. I am always a belf, and never rolled enchanting, so I never noticed it could go higher.

---------- Post added 2011-01-27 at 08:36 AM ----------

Super secret stuff that nobody has. Only racials can get you past 525, and like I said...

.... This is why I asked. I didnt know how to get above 525... so I asked here. I didnt know if there was a quest you had to do, an item you needed to get, gold you had to pay, a boss you needed to down...etc etc. Thats why I asked how do you get past 525. Because I didn't know.

Super secret stuff that nobody has. Only racials can get you past 525, and like I said...

.... This is why I asked. I didnt know how to get above 525... so I asked here. I didnt know if there was a quest you had to do, an item you needed to get, gold you had to pay, a boss you needed to down...etc etc. Thats why I asked how do you get past 525. Because I didn't know.

Yeah I have been playing since early 2007 lol. But never rolled a toon's racial profession bonus and rolled that profession. Guess I never thought about it that way. I am always a belf, and never rolled enchanting, so I never noticed it could go higher.

Im suprised i dont think anyone mentioned the older enchants? that used to give +mining, +herb, +skinning ect. But those are only for gathering professions.

Im not sure if these enchants are still around, or got removed with cataclysm's launch

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Orly? Because I've seen 525(+105)/525 on my fishing. Clearly that means I can't possibly have over 525.

OP, there are racials (as many have said) but items/enchants do it as well. Mining, skinning and herb have a +15 enchant to gloves, fishing has +5 for hat, (up to) +35 for rod, (up to) +100 for lure and other stuff as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisley View Post
    my rogue dual wields zulian slicers for skinning. And theres a glove enchant for gathering too i think
    Yes. Gathering to gloves. Only way to skin certain mobs, such as Beauty.
    And I facepalm at all the condescending "Derp, it says 525/525!" remarks. Good job making yourselves look so silly.

Quote Originally Posted by stuck4cash View Post
    Orly? Because I've seen 525(+105)/525 on my fishing. Clearly that means I can't possibly have over 525.

OP, there are racials (as many have said) but items/enchants do it as well. Mining, skinning and herb have a +15 enchant to gloves, fishing has +5 for hat, (up to) +35 for rod, (up to) +100 for lure and other stuff as well.
    Right, except that as has been pointed out at least 3 times in this thread, ONLY RACIALS ABILITIES can bump your MAX skill in a profession past the normal end cap limit. A skinning knife or gathering enchant or Fishing lure will still cause you to show 525+X / 525. Only a racial can make you 540/540.