Thread: Ret Legendary?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    SM in ICC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzzentch View Post
    pretty useless for Assassination and sub specs.

Warglaives were combat rogue/fury warrior and i think blizz learned that restricting legendaries to only 2 specs was a bad idea.

in fact assassination is the only spec in the game that has never been able to use a legendary optimally.
    Yeah, 3 specs within ONE class is SO much better than 2 specs between two classes.

Warglaives were combat rogue/fury warrior and i think blizz learned that restricting legendaries to only 2 specs was a bad idea.

in fact assassination is the only spec in the game that has never been able to use a legendary optimally.
    I get that glaives were swords and not daggers, but it's silly to argue that they were somehow better suited on a warrior. We had 4 pairs back then, 1 on a warrior and 3 on rogues and they were definitely a rogue item if you were looking to call it one class or another. I'm not against the daggers in 4.3, though, I'm just hoping to see a tank item in the next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by rewn View Post
    It wasn't Illidan's bow, but a bow from the Eredar Twins. But thats besides the point. Thori'dal wasnt designed for rogues so you can't really count it. But as you said, the glaives were more recent.
    Never played a hunter past 30 and the hunters in my guild at the time said they would prefer the Black Bow over Thorindal for anything other than farming, then again they barely got past Brutallis before dying off so its entirely possible you are right.
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

10+ Year Old Account

also paladins have had access to 4 legendaries,

Hand of Rag, Thunderfury, that healing mace from Ulduar and Shadowmourne.
    and ret could use two of those optimally.
    What paladin would have ever had sulf or tf at 60? Ret did shit besides buff kings and ooc rez in vanilla, and i dont even know what prot did, but it sure wasnt tank raids.

also paladins have had access to 4 legendaries,

Hand of Rag, Thunderfury, that healing mace from Ulduar and Shadowmourne.
    and ret could use two of those optimally.
    Is there an enhancement shaman-compatible legendary I'm forgetting?

Quote Originally Posted by Fredzilla View Post
    What paladin would have ever had sulf or tf at 60? Ret did shit besides buff kings and ooc rez in vanilla, and i dont even know what prot did, but it sure wasnt tank raids.
    Paladins with hand of rag wasn't terribly uncommon, TF usually wasn't seen on them at 60 though.

---------- Post added 2011-10-17 at 01:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Feyrzhuk View Post
    Only Sulfuras if you count how ridiculous it actually was with burst for 2H enhancement at 60. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItZMuRdA View Post
    Paladins with hand of rag wasn't terribly uncommon, TF usually wasn't seen on them at 60 though.

Only Sulfuras if you count how ridiculous it actually was with burst for 2H enhancement at 60. :P
    Maybe in pvp, but I was under the impression no one ever brought a ret paladin to a raid for his dps in vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItZMuRdA View Post

Shamans were only good for healing then, remember? :P

No to the legendary sword idea to whoever said that.
    The limited to X number of classes idea is annoying. Why not make it a universally used weapon by healers? Well, we already had Val'anyr anyway so I don't see another healing legendary soon.

Deleted
    Indeed. Shadowmourne is far too recent to even consider giving rets/warriors/dks another legendary.
    Exactly. Paladins just had a whole own expansion with a legendary.

A paladin in my guild had Sulf in Vanilla..

Quote Originally Posted by Feyrzhuk View Post

15+ Year Old Account
    I think there everyone, who loves a certain class, thinks they should get the next legendary. In a perfect world every legnedary would be for them.

Honestly I believe a tank weapon of some sort should be next. Maybe some sort of Sword/Staff or something.
    85 - Strongarm - Orc Hunter
    85 - Belligerence - Tauren Warrior
    85 - Thirdmage - Undead Mage
    85 - Jaedena - Human Mage
    80 - Deepstroke - BE Warlock
    80 - Assmasterson - BE Paladin
    80 - Stoic - Human Warrior
    80 - Abigayle - Gnome Mage

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad no one actually read my post and responded to what I asked. I wasn't asking if they SHOULD get one or if it would be a good idea. Yes, I know paladins could use Shadowmourne, but it wasn't a class-specific legendary like the rogue daggers. I'm simply asking if a legendary adds enough to a class overall to make up for lackluster class mechanics. I see a lot of posts about the rogue legendary saying it will make dagger specs much more viable, and I'm wondering if a Retribution-only legendary would ease some of the complaints Retribution players have with their class.

I'm not QQing, just trying to have an intelligent conversation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    The last legendary rogues could use was Thunderfury, which was 5-6 years ago.

Last one warriors/paladins/death knights could use was Shadowmourne, like rewn said, far too recent for them to get another.

Rogues were and are in need of some lovin'. :P
    Can't tell if you forgot Warglaives or were just trolling. Biting regardless.

Deleted
    Indeed. Shadowmourne is far too recent to even consider giving rets/warriors/dks another legendary.
    funny how you put Ret next to warriors who have been getting a shitload of legendaries troughout the years.. ( yeah dont tell me ret can wear a tf or sulfu..i know..)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by m2geek View Post
    Forget ret - We need a Healing legendary!
    Gaurdian of Ancient Kings is just as recent as SM. Expac wise, so no need of one of those for awhile.
    Why isn't Harrison Jones in BFA?
    I mean, Blizzard, srously? We ought to see the old chap in Vol'Dun!
    I think he is a bit afraid of snakes! (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Quote Originally Posted by Galeos View Post
    SM, nuff said.
    You beat me to it in just one post : /

Maybe in pvp, but I was under the impression no one ever brought a ret paladin to a raid for his dps in vanilla.
    Oh for sure I understand, I played both a holy paladin and prot warrior at 60, I definitely realize the pigeon-holing of the specs, just saying that I did see a handful of hands of rag on paladins back then, although I acknowledge that they were typically healers in pve.

Forget ret! Prot is the only one that hasn't had a legendary since vanilla!

Quote Originally Posted by Eggwolls View Post
    Shamans were only good for healing then, remember? :P
    Well, I played alliance so we never had any in our raids, but yeah I know that they were primary healers just as paladins were. There were a few that got their hands on hand of rag though that absolutely could dominate with windfury proc's in pvp etc.