Complimentary Class to Elementalist

Instead of posting this in each of the different dedicated threads I am making a new one because I cannot find anywhere where anybody has said if there are complimentary classes.
    My sig other will be going staff elementalist and I (being the good guy I am) have been going through build tools trying to find a class/build that compliments hers.

While I was thinking of that I was wondering if anybody else out there has found any complimentary classes that mesh well with others out there?
    Like, compliments an engineer, guardian, etc etc. . .
    I am generally curios of the compositions other "RL Teams" have come up with.
    Thanks!

A skilled warrior with a crowd control build would be an amazing partner to a elementalist. Especially if you're playing Scepter/Dagger.

You would compliment the warrior with buffs and reduce the damage he would take by a lot, and he makes it so you can actually land Fire damage combos consistently without having to relay on updraft. You could instead save that for peeling and interrupting.

Any class which will be able to lock down a mob so your staff elementalist can land targetted AoEs is going to be a huge benefit. Greatsword/Hammer guardians can do that well, I'm sure warriors can too.

10+ Year Old Account
    During BWE2, I felt I was at my best playing with a Guardian. When i used staff, they were often able to entrap my targets so I could AoE more easily, and when I used daggers, their melee support and protection allowed me focus on damage instead of evasion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, i'm going to say Ranger, now you're probably sitting there like "Why in gods name would ranger be better complimentary class then the others!?" and it's simple my dear nerd in gift wrap!! It's because us rangers are sturdy, as well as very distracting to enemies with our traps and pets and spirits, and we benefit greatly from all your fields because we have TONS of finishers!! And i mean TOOOOOOOOONS! In fact we can bring each finisher with 1 weapon and pet set! (Sword main hand, axe off hand gives you leap, whirl, and projectile, and a drake pet gives you blast).

In short, ranger is best because they can distract enemies and help you kite, and they will 100% get use out of any field you put down in order to slaughter enemies!!

That and i have a feeling your playing with your girlfriend, and girlfriends love the big fluffy animals =D!
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Well, i'm going to say Ranger, now you're probably sitting there like "Why in gods name would ranger be better complimentary class then the others!?" and it's simple my dear nerd in gift wrap!! It's because us rangers are sturdy, as well as very distracting to enemies with our traps and pets and spirits, and we benefit greatly from all your fields because we have TONS of finishers!! And i mean TOOOOOOOOONS! In fact we can bring each finisher with 1 weapon and pet set! (Sword main hand, axe off hand gives you leap, whirl, and projectile, and a drake pet gives you blast).

In short, ranger is best because they can distract enemies and help you kite, and they will 100% get use out of any field you put down in order to slaughter enemies!!

That and i have a feeling your playing with your girlfriend, and girlfriends love the big fluffy animals =D!
    I was thinking of that too, spend 15 minutes in BWE2 playing with a ranger who would shoot through my fire wall (no target).... after reading this thread though i seriously need to read up more on GW2

Warrior with a Hammer and Sword/Mace combo will do the trick pretty nicely.

Deleted
    Depends on your preferred playstyle, and theirs, as well as your weapon choice and preference. Any class can play with anything because of different weapons and talents. That is how this game is designed. For example an elementalist has 4 elements and also different weapons. Other classes also have different weapons and talents. The correct question to ask is: my friend plays profession X and I play Y how can we best play together. Which weapons and such, and roles, complete also with off spec weapon talents during complications. Otherwise the question is rather complex, and I don't think valid.

I am not sure on the subject, but if you are able to play with a melee who can tank you do not need much if any CC and you can go full nuke (ie. fire magic). When you get aggro or the melee needs healing, you go defensive for example water magic.

Fire, due to its DoT nature has also some nice AoE. If you play together with a class who has a slow/stun build then I can see that work as well however you as elementalist can also fullfill that role. That is part of the beauty of this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurie View Post
    I was thinking of that too, spend 15 minutes in BWE2 playing with a ranger who would shoot through my fire wall (no target).... after reading this thread though i seriously need to read up more on GW2
    Other classes also have the fire wall-like mechanism. Mesmer does, but there it functions as slow (or movement speed increase). I can see those 2 classes work together with that spell, but I can also see a mesmer work together with that slow + DoTs from an other class (for example but not limited to elementalist).

10+ Year Old Account
    Anything with Longbow/Shortbow/Rifle/Pistols would be at the most advantage with an Elementalist.

Yes I know there's melee cross-profs spells too, but in PvP/PvE we know a little ranged goes a long way. :P

Elementalist has strengths in great burst and sustained AoE damage as well as AoE healing. Its weakness is in lack of tankiness.

Therefore it makes sense to pick a partner who would mitigate your weakness and whom your strengths will help the most. I would suggest a MM necromancer, his minions will tank, he will handle control and you will kill everything while dropping AoE heals to make his minions even tankier.

10+ Year Old Account
    elementalist can set up A LOT of combo fields, so something that has alot of finishers would be a good choice

then again it doesnt really matter, they all work together
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass