How do Gays support My preference to have multiple wives?

I live in an area where people who have multiple wives have to live in different homes and in constant fear.

I would love to "come out of the closest."

Are gay people really concerned about equal rights or just rights for themselves. I've never seen any gay rights group come out in support for plural marriage.

I don't think we have to, it's not our fight. Enjoy finding other people who are into polygamy as well and championing your cause.

Why would a gay rights group spend their time and resources on things that aren't gay rights?

There are plenty of people in favor of plural marriages. I strongly suspect you aren't one of them, but instead are picking a topic with some ability to generate vigorous discussion.

I think the bigger question is, do you see groups that are fighting for marriage equality openly fighting against polygamy, polyandry, and plural marriages? Or are they simply doing what they claim to do, which is to allow gays equal rights in this area of the law?

Deleted
    Really. How big a fucking contrived argument can you make?

If you want to push for the right to have multiple wives however, women should equally be able to have multiple husbands, got to play it fair.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galluccio View Post
    I live in an area where people who have multiple wives have to live in different homes and in constant fear.

I would love to "come out of the closest."

Are gay people really concerned about equal rights or just rights for themselves. I've never seen any gay rights group come out in support for plural marriage.
    Cause they're not dumb enough to bother having more then ONE spouse at a time...

Nice trolling attempt !

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think having more then one wife kind of defeats the point of marriage but I have no problem with legalizing it. As long as everyone involved is happy with it that's their business.

This is like asking how the NRA supports someones abortion views.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

I support your right to take a ban brick to your teeth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are you looking for relationship/marriage support from a group thats already got problems of its own to deal with?

Are gay people really concerned about equal rights or just rights for themselves
    Also, way to alienate and insult the people you want support from. They probably wouldn't want to support you, simply because you're self centered, not because they don't support your cause.
    Last edited by chazus; 2012-08-24 at 07:47 PM.

Seems like a legit thread....

If you read his post, he mentions plural marriages. Traditional polygamy, practiced throughout much of human history by a lot of cultures, assigns many wives to men of high status or wealth. Polyandry is much rarer, but does exist, and features a woman with multiple husbands, but there's usually something else going on there. Plural marriages are more recent (not much in history about them), and would be the type you might see documented in a Heinlein novel- several adults in a marriage together, with a variety of assumed sexual ties (for instance, if all members are bisexual, group sex would be much more common than if say, all the males and half the females were straight). There are folks who do this (often they identify as "poly"), though usually I don't see them trying to fight for marriage rights.

Deleted
    If the world population would be 20% male, 80% female, you would have a point.

Why would I have to be gay to care about equal rights.

I'm not gay. I support the idea that gay people can have things that straight people can have.

I'm not black. I support the idea that black people can have things that white people can have.

I'm not a polygamist. I support the idea that you should be able to confer the benefits of marriage onto as many people as you like.

It's really not a case of "every man for himself". The human race is doomed if we follow that model.

Deleted
    There's no reason why polygamy shouldn't be legal if gay marriage is legal. Both should be legal.