Thread: Ji-kun Caw

Ji-kun Caw

Can anyone tell me if Ji-kun's Caw ability targets melee (25m if that matters)? Half our group says it does and the other says it doesn't, so I'm hoping to find some clarification before we spend another night progressing on her.

Thanks!

It does. When they go out people not targeted to get out of the way. It hits for over 300k. That's way too much.

yes, it's completely random. I promise
    when in doubt, check death logs.

you guys should aim for minimal avoidable hits. it adds up.

last week we did it on 10man and it was a huge pushover of a fight, but this week we tried 25man and it was very messy in comparison.
    any fight limited by room size can be much more difficult with more people (25m). but, with the piles of poop and limited space it's unlikely Caw will be handled perfectly.

Caw hits pretty hard but Armor reduces it by whatever percent too.
    Last edited by Neave; 2013-03-16 at 11:34 AM.

You should assign people to take the green pools if room is the issue.

Thanks for the replies! We run a melee heavy group on 25m, and the amount of room (even before pools, which we have rogues and pallies assigned to get rid of) is a little slim, so I was crossing my fingers that it targeted ranged primarily, which would make life so much simpler. Guess we will adapt and overcome!

Quote Originally Posted by jetersky View Post
    Thanks for the replies! We run a melee heavy group on 25m, and the amount of room (even before pools, which we have rogues and pallies assigned to get rid of) is a little slim, so I was crossing my fingers that it targeted ranged primarily, which would make life so much simpler. Guess we will adapt and overcome!
    It doesn't target melee who are in melee range. I believe it does target them if they are away from the boss (such as coming back from platforms, but I'm not sure on this). The exception being if there are not enough people at range, he can target a melee. I am also nearly positive it will target non melee if they stand in melee range though and crap all over your melee, so no ranged dps or non monk healers in melee range unless you want to get nailed (you can collapse for quills, but break out a second before it ends in case he caws quickly). Now if you screwed up platforms, those adds will definitely target melee with their crap.