Question More pc demending: WoW or Diablo 3?

I am still strugling to choose new game station and my time is running out :/
    So here is yet another question that could help me make that decision"

Which game is more demending in terms of hardware: WoW MoP or Diablo 3?
    If i have seen pc running D3 smooth on high pre-setting 1080p, can i expect to run WoW smooth as well? on similar, high pre-settings and 1080p?

Wow is more demanding because it's old and poorly optimized.

I'd also say WoW is more demanding - especially where a lot is going on (capital cities, 25man raids).

How about WoW vs Guild Wars 2?
    I assume GW2 is way more demanding, but could i get 40+ fps with high setting 1080p on same machine my friend is playing GW2-high setting-1080p and gets 20+ fps?

Deleted
    Do you have a budget to work with and could you maybe build your own system or is this "game station" you're talking about a laptop?

Quote Originally Posted by Nohzuko View Post
    Wow is more demanding because it's old and poorly optimized.
    Your answer is poorly optimized. More visible players = more hardware requirements, it's that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgard View Post
    How about WoW vs Guild Wars 2?
    I assume GW2 is way more demanding, but could i get 40+ fps with high setting 1080p on same machine my friend is playing GW2-high setting-1080p and gets 20+ fps?
    GW2 needs more expensive graphics card than WoW for outdoor zones, but it's about as bad for CPU requirements as WoW in places with lots of players like cities.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    I definitely found GW2 taxing my system harder than WoW, and not even when I'm doing WvW stuff. I tried to crank everything up and my 3570K + Geforce 660 went "Nope.avi"
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Diablo 3's fixed camera view, simple character animations, sparse model variations, and lack of map variation makes it a undemanding game.
    Last edited by yurano; 2013-08-05 at 03:56 PM.

Do you have a budget to work with and could you maybe build your own system or is this "game station" you're talking about a laptop?
    Yes, i am talking about laptop. No, i CANT buy desktop as i need to move it 2-3 times a week.
    My budget isnt limited by my wallet, but if i have to pay over 1000 euro, i think i will just pass and stick with my current laptop that isnt so bad after all.

What i am looking at:

1080p resolution with at least high settings and 30+ fps in raid / heavy graphic zones.
    i7-3610QM 2,3-3,2 GHz
    GTX 660m DDR5 2GB
    8GB Ram 1600MHz

or

768p resolution with ultra or close to ultra settings and 30+ fps in raid / heavy graphic zones.
    i5-3210M 2,5-3,1 GHz
    GTX 660m DDR5 2GB
    8GB Ram 1600MHz

I would realy, realy like to go with 1080p to feel and see some real difference compared to my current machine, but i am considering now the i5 option with 768p resolution to be sure i can run some nice details and keep proper fps. Also, i5 seems to be a lot cooler than i7.
    I cant make my mind, all the laptop test are using some stupid games like DIRT or BF, and i am going nuts over the fact that i cant gether enough information =]

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a bit confused. What does the demand of WoW or D3 have to do with your decision of buying a system?
    The 768 will run better than the 1080, period. Pick what you want.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab