Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    No where did I say that, but if you think the government puts top secret documents in a power point presentation...... like I said I have some beach front property.
    If you think they don't have meetings around long tables, seminars or the like.. and that they only speak to each other about these programs in hushed tones in dimly lit rooms.. then I have beach front property for YOU..

Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    Hell yeah! Of course we need to remain sensible ourselves and not foam at the mouth over something that is pretty obviously fake.
    Obviously so? Have you seen the other 'NSA slide' releases? All the information contained in those was quite readily accepted by the internet as a whole. If I was more cynical I'd even go so far as to say your "hell yeah" followed by "remaining sensible" and "obviously" were fairly disingenuous to proper discussion and were more the domain of one of these "disinformation" types described in these kinds of Snowden leaks..
    Last edited by WarpKnight; 2014-02-27 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WarpKnight View Post
    If you think they don't have meetings around long tables, seminars or the like.. and that they only speak to each other about these programs in hushed tones in dimly lit rooms.. then I have beach front property for YOU..
    No one is denying that. The thing is, my friend, we already have enough evidence of a shady NSA...we really don't need to get all indignant over fake seeming "evidence."
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

You seem to be reading some text that I'm not writing, but please continue, it's kinda funny watching you do this.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    No where did I say that, but if you think the government puts top secret documents in a power point presentation...... like I said I have some beach front property.
    A shitty quality powerpoint at that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ridiculous, if this thread proves anything, it's that allegations of divide and conquer tactics are quite well founded.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ridiculous, if this thread proves anything, it's that allegations of divide and conquer tactics are quite well founded.

If anything, it proves people only read what they want to read.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

No one is denying that. The thing is, my friend, we already have enough evidence of a shady NSA...we really don't need to get all indignant over fake seeming "evidence."
    I'm not really clear what seems fake about this. All of the internet security training and such I've had that's been drawn up by government employees or contractors is similarly dumbed down. Also, if there was a speaker, a powerpoint should be really simple.

Of course, it's entirely plausible that it's fake, but I don't know why it definitely would be.

Obviously so? Have you seen the other 'NSA slide' releases? All the information contained in those was quite readily accepted by the internet as a whole. If I was more cynical I'd even go so far as to say your "hell yeah" followed by "remaining sensible" and "obviously" were fairly disingenuous to proper discussion and were more the domain of one of these "disinformation" types described in these kinds of Snowden leaks..
    No but I have seen better slide show presentations by firms with smaller budgets. It's a veneer. It;s like the release of a transcript reportedly between two spies who talk exactly like you would expect spies to talk based on the dialogue of really bad paperback spy novels.

Also, yes I MUST be an NSA plant sense I don't blindly except any evidence that pops up on the web showing how evil they are. That does nothing but weaken your argument.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I'm not really clear what seems fake about this. All of the internet security training and such I've had that's been drawn up by government employees or contractors is similarly dumbed down. Also, if there was a speaker, a powerpoint should be really simple.

Of course, it's entirely plausible that it's fake, but I don't know why it definitely would be.
    It's not the content so much as the production that makes me question it's validity.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Deleted
    So how fake is this on a scale from 1-10 with 10 being made by dogemon?

If it turns out to be the real deal I think I need to close up my business and apply to be their inhouse designer because this thing looks attrocious. Whom ever made this should be ashamed of their design skills! Usch!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prizzm View Post
    So how fake is this on a scale from 1-10 with 10 being made by dogemon?

If it turns out to be the real deal I think I need to close up my business and apply to be their inhouse designer because this thing looks attrocious. Whom ever made this should be ashamed of their design skills! Usch!
    Don't wrap up your current job just yet. Whoever made the leaked power point (operating under the presumption that it's real) doubtless had to have super double top secret clearance AND be working for a firm cleared to do business with the NSA, or actually inside the NSA. They very likely weren't chosen to make the slideshow for their mad Power Points skillz, but because they were in the right place, with the right access, at the right time.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

It's not the content so much as the production that makes me question it's validity.
    It's both honestly.

The production is laughable... the custom internet meme-photos have better production value than that. This was literally produced by somebody who JUST discovered they can put type into Photoshop.

And, secondly, do you REALLY believe any government agency would use such clear-cut language and description and such short bursts? The first point alone needs to have about 10 extra charts and graphs to detail its point...

I honestly don't know which is worse, how badly this prank was done, or how much some people WANT to believe it as true...

The lines at the bottom of the slide are called classification taglines or banner lines. They are required to be on ALL documents (yes this includes power point slides), even unclassified documents, that are produced within a classified environment. I am not saying that these slides are real, but anyone saying that they aren't real BECAUSE they have top secret written in bold red letters at the bottom are just ignorant of what actual classified documents look like.

Don't believe me? it's not like this is difficult information to look up, here is a link to an unclassified PDF document from an official .mil address that explains in detail how you are to mark all classified correspondence/documents. Jump to page 19 if you want the relevant passage.