Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Its time to dispell those aquaman myths.

alot of people are under the assumption that aquaman is useless or that he has no powers besides talking to fish. thats not true, aquaman is one of the strongest heroes in dc. the dude walks on the bottom of the ocean like its nothing, hes got super strength, hes got magic, and he has a super strong trident.

when the justice league goes up against people like darkseid the only justice league members who can really do any damage to him are superman, wonder woman and aquaman

superman vs batman? forget it, aquaman vs superman would be a much better fight

next year batman vs superman is gonna show the world how badarse aquaman is.

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    That man is so sexy my table stands on two feet

Looks like the trident is doing the damage more than aquaman
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Barny View Post
    That man is so sexy my table stands on two feet
    he does look really good. its clear they took alot of inspiration from the 90s aquaman outfit

"so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

To further prove how badass Aquaman is, here is 2 imgur posts detailing everything badass about him!

http://imgur.com/gallery/ttjz6

http://imgur.com/gallery/0nChUYO
    Quote Originally Posted by Saah View Post
    Currently in Russia there is too much freedom, you can freely do things, that would cause you be arrested in USA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone who has even done a bit of research or reading knows that Aquaman is far from useless or flimsy or dumb, as the oldshcool Justie League/Friends made him seem.

I mean...what were they thinking?

He's a cool guy, a dangerous dudeman. Not the incarnation above, though. Much like how suddenly everyone took the Hulk a lot more seriously post-Avengers, thinking "Oh shit, He really IS a Hulk of a man, crazy strong, crazy mad", hopefully the same will happen to Aquaman. "Oh shit, he's not just sitting in geysers talking to pufferfish and wearing squids as hats. This guy's a badass!" Fumblz posted the links I was going to, great reads.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    He's a cool guy, a dangerous dudeman. Not the incarnation above, though. Much like how suddenly everyone took the Hulk a lot more seriously post-Avengers, thinking "Oh shit, He really IS a Hulk of a man, crazy strong, crazy mad", hopefully the same will happen to Aquaman. "Oh shit, he's not just sitting in geysers talking to pufferfish and wearing squids as hats. This guy's a badass!" Fumblz posted the links I was going to, great reads.
    another thing of note about the hulk in avengers, is that they made hulk funny, and actually had him talk. i cant believe it took 3 fucking movies before someone actually gave the hulk some lines.

from the way mark ruffalo talks the hulk is gonna get even more personality in avengers 2.

but yeah the super friends show just really messed aquamans image up. its amazing how batman can bounce back from all the adam west type stuff but aquaman hasnt, i guess its just because batman is more popular

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    I mean...what were they thinking?
    Thankyou, first impressions last forever :P

It's not just the Super Friends stuff, during much of his run prior to his revamp in the 90's under Peter David he was still a pretty weak, goofy character even in the comics. With David's work Aquaman's powers were increased, and that continued into Grant Morrison's exellent JLA run in the late 90's/early 2000's. Apparently his powers have been even more enhanced in the New 52 version and he has gone from a regular badass into full on powerhouse.

Deleted
    99% of superheroes suck...I mean, they are cool to see in an action movie for some special effects. But the story overall is bland and boring at best. That and they have the worst villains ever...

So, Aquaman...

How do you make Aquaman awesome? Give Drogo from GoT a trident! I'm sold.

10+ Year Old Account
    And a Hippocampus!!! Drogo's horse with a fish tail!

super excited. I hope eventually he loses one of his arms though.

Quote Originally Posted by Laraven View Post
    And a Hippocampus!!! Drogo's horse with a fish tail!

Lol. I had no idea they were even considering casting him (but apparently it's been a rumor for a while). I think the direction they're going in by just the picture could actually make this beat-down-and-ridiculed character pretty badass.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Senarx View Post
    That would be beyond Metal. They might as well add in that part of that incarnation of Aquaman. It would so fit, heh.

I merged the two Aquaman threads into the older post. Continue onwards, Super Friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Senarx View Post
    they should give him the water hand

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I merged the two Aquaman threads into the older post. Continue onwards, Super Friends.
    B... But now neither threads are special snowflakes anymore. Whatever *swims away*

10+ Year Old Account
    Bit off topic but I really don't understand Superman vs Batman... Superman could kill him instantly and Batman shouldn't be able to touch Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    alot of people are under the assumption that aquaman is useless or that he has no powers besides talking to fish. thats not true, aquaman is one of the strongest heroes in dc. the dude walks on the bottom of the ocean like its nothing, hes got super strength, hes got magic, and he has a super strong trident.

when the justice league goes up against people like darkseid the only justice league members who can really do any damage to him are superman, wonder woman and aquaman

superman vs batman? forget it, aquaman vs superman would be a much better fight

next year batman vs superman is gonna show the world how badarse aquaman is.

What's Lobo doing in Dawn of Justice?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fang7986 View Post
    What's Lobo doing in Dawn of Justice?
    Not sure that's Lobo, but the "Main Man" has to make a cameo in DoJ.
    You cared enough to post.