Old Computer Salvage

So I have four old computer desktops that I no longer use, the parts are still good. I want to ask the best way to modify these so I can make the best computer I can with what I have. Im going to list the computers best I can.

1. Dell Computer (Can't find the name)
    • a. Serial No: 2KJWKC1
    • Model No: DCNE
    • Mfg. Date: 022007
    • On the back where the ports are, it says: "2KJWKC1"

2. HP Pavilion p6710f PC
    • Serial No: 4CE0480X02
    • Product No. BV530AA#ABA
    • Model No. p6710f
    • AMD Athlon || 640 Quad-Core Processor
    • 4GB DDR3 system memory
    • ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics
    • Wireless LAN 802.11b/g/n
    • 1TB hard drive
    • SuperMulti DVD Burner with LightScribe Technology
    3. Intel Computer
    • Only thing written on this is these numbers: C66020-001
    • And 272356
    • P/N: 91.97020.B50
    • S/N: 54017468
    • "Intel Celeron D Inside"
    4. Dell Dimension 4600
    • "Intel Inside - pentium 4"
    • Service Tag: 235JQ31
    • Express Service Code: 4544281549
    5. I also have a 1TB extra hard drive that I found in the garage

So basically what I am asking the geniuses on this forum, is to please help me out with switching and rearranging around parts the make the best desirable computer that I can make with the parts that I have. I know it seems like a long and tedious process and a lot of work for someone you don't even know or will benefit from but please I'm really asking some help. I'm new with computer hardware and how it works compatibility wise, thanks a lot.

Deleted
    By the serial numbers we can't really help you. You need to tell us the exact specs of each machine, cpu,mobo,ram,gpu,psu etc

7+ Year Old Account
    You're also not going to be able to Frankenstein together some type of PC that will be greater than the sum of its parts. You're probably better off just using that HP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    You are in the demon hunter forum, otherwise known as the 7.0 hype train. Why did you board the hype train if you don't wish to participate in hype train activities?

Grab the highest power supply out of them. Anything over 500 will probably do well. (I have a 750 which is more than enough for the two drives I have running)
    I'm just a novice at building pcs, but I don't think the AMD stuff is compatible with Intel. And the HP Pavilion looks to me the only thing worth keeping. (The AMD Athlon 640 Quad-Core Processor looks like it has 3g speed at least. Not shabby by any means)

15+ Year Old Account
    None of these are worth putting any money into.

Those are all more than 8 years old except the Athlon 640 which was a flop and on the cusp of the ddr2 to ddr3 transformation.

Best you could do is buy a newer video card pop it in the AII 640 and hope for the best and which new video card will depend on your budget.
    Last edited by moremana; 2016-01-11 at 08:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    None of these are worth putting any money into.

Those are all more than 8 years old except the Athlon 640 which was a flop and on the cusp of the ddr2 to ddr3 transformation.

Best you could do is buy a newer video card pop it in the AII 640 and hope for the best and which new video card will depend on your budget.
    Pretty much this. The 750 GTX cards have been running on sale with rebates a lot for $50-70. It is a damn fine card for those on a budget and it doesn't draw much power so your likely 350ish PSU should be fine. Though I'd make sure its wattage first. You can usually find a 400watt bronze corsair or antec for like $20 with rebates, its worth it imo to be safe. Just don't throw in any random GPU.