JC/LW, thinking about dropping LW. Advice?

My main has had JC/LW since I created him back in WotLK, but I didn't use LW much during WoD (I've got like 2k+ burnished just collecting dust in my bank) and from looking at Legion crafting I don't anticipate using it much in the future either. Seems like the crafted mail gear isn't really practical to max out due to crazy high material costs, and I certainly wouldn't use the base level of it.

My thought is to replace LW with Mining, to support the JC. Can anyone think of a good reason to keep Leatherworking?

Deleted
    You're the exact same as me. I dropped LW yesterday for mining as I can't really see any reason to keep LW.

You can support JC through monies and get many bloods from mining for crafting BIS pre raid necks and rings. Drop LW IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Tolian View Post
    My main has had JC/LW since I created him back in WotLK, but I didn't use LW much during WoD (I've got like 2k+ burnished just collecting dust in my bank) and from looking at Legion crafting I don't anticipate using it much in the future either. Seems like the crafted mail gear isn't really practical to max out due to crazy high material costs, and I certainly wouldn't use the base level of it.

My thought is to replace LW with Mining, to support the JC. Can anyone think of a good reason to keep Leatherworking?
    What class is your main? and also do you play alts?

If you play only one character, you will have the required time to devote to farm and upgrade your crafted gear. And with leatherworking you will have 8 pieces, with your preferred stats (you will craft many items to break for obliterum, so you will eventually craft the one with the stats you like).

If you plan to split your time between main and 1-3 alts , then it is more realistic to aim to have a neck and a ring to keep upgrading..
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexi View Post
    You're the exact same as me. I dropped LW yesterday for mining as I can't really see any reason to keep LW.
    Why is there no reason to keep LW? (this is a genuine question)
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Why is there no reason to keep LW? (this is a genuine question)
    Just personal, not as a general thing Obviously it has its uses, especially early on. But I always find LW to be useless. Whereas JC has longevity the whole expansion

Leatherworking will be a big moneymaker early on, EVERY single character will require 2 bracers from LTW, 1 from Tailoring and 1 from Blacksmithing to unlock the Obliterum Forge, which lets you destroy stuff to get Ash that turn into Obliterum which upgrade item levels.

Ashes are soulbound, the Obliterum itself to upgrade items isnt soulbound.