Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    NightmareGamer

Why does everyone hate the occulus?

Me: (To several friends) Hey wanna tank/heal/DPS for H. Occulus?
    Friends: NO! I hate that place. Never again Will I tank/dps/heal that nightmare ever again!!!

Re: Why does everyone hate the occulus?

Because one nub can screw the whole run up, and it takes a long time to explain the last boss.

Personally, I like the place. It's something new.

Poor Blizzard. They introduce a non cookie cutter instance (read: hard), and people shit all over it, then come whine about instances being boring and stale later that night on forums.

There is more damage output than Naxx10. The final boss fight is beyond stupid. There doesn't need to be another reason.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

Because its harder than Naxx and Sartharion 3D, Rofl!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NightmareGamer
    Me: (To several friends) Hey wanna tank/heal/DPS for H. Occulus?
    Friends: NO! I hate that place. Never again Will I tank/dps/heal that nightmare ever again!!!
    Me: Your friends are bad.
    I enjoy a variety of games, but prefer those that have a core system of progression. If you found my comment helpful, let me know! If you believe I can improve my style of communication, let me know!
    WoW: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rimes/advanced - WCLogs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...est#bracket=-1 - FFXIV: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...cter/11002859/

because you have to have 4 other people that arent complete morons, rather than being able to carry it if youre a good enough healer/tank/dps, if 1 person is terrible, it makes the run pretty hard

NightmareGamer

I thought it was fun. flying around on drakes. The mage boss that kept teleporting and summoning those phased creatures was a pain in the ass though

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolicious
    Because its harder than Naxx and Sartharion 3D, Rofl!!!
    Honestly it is harder than 10 man Naxx.

It doesn't really scale with gear, so it's always slow.

I don't find it difficult at all, even for the Void achievements. But it's repetitive, and I find it boring after a while.

I don't mind it, but I hear the same response as well.
    It does require people to know how to use the drakes, which is often a problerm.

Quote Originally Posted by awake2830
    Poor Blizzard. They introduce a non cookie cutter instance (read: hard), and people shit all over it, then come whine about instances being boring and stale later that night on forums.
    I am all for breaking the cookie cutter instances. However, I didn't spend the last 3 months raiding for gear to have that gear have absolutely no benefit for me on a fight. If they made proto drakes scale with gear then I would be much more sympathetic to the instance.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

NightmareGamer

Maybe blizzard should nerf the damage then. People might actually enjoy it then

Because the 2nd boss is hard if your group doesn't know wtf to do

and the last boss requires a competant green drake and a semi competant red drake

Those things make it harder than the average instance, so pugs have alot of trouble.

Personally I really like the place. The 20 minute run can be frustrating though, a few times now I've missed it by a few seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Daez
    I am all for breaking the cookie cutter instances. However, I didn't spend the last 3 months raiding for gear to have that gear have absolutely no benefit for me on a fight. If they made proto drakes scale with gear then I would be much more sympathetic to the instance.
    i lol'd
    I enjoy a variety of games, but prefer those that have a core system of progression. If you found my comment helpful, let me know! If you believe I can improve my style of communication, let me know!
    WoW: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rimes/advanced - WCLogs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...est#bracket=-1 - FFXIV: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...cter/11002859/

Quote Originally Posted by awake2830
    Honestly it is harder than 10 man Naxx.
    Yes it is, thats why I said it.

I hate it because when i play wow i work towards getting gear and a spec that maximizes my characters potential occulus is great until the last boss because it just takes away everything i have worked towards no gear or spec make any difference to it. There is a reason it's the only heroic i haven't finished.

NightmareGamer

Ask yourselves this - Is it WORTH being a heroic daily?

its simple, ppl dont know what to do when their normal action bar changes. Try to pug malygos, and if by some miracle you make it to the 3rd phase, watch the lulz begin

Quote Originally Posted by Sevarin
    because you have to have 4 other people that arent complete morons, rather than being able to carry it if youre a good enough healer/tank/dps, if 1 person is terrible, it makes the run pretty hard
    It isn't really even this. Because you can be top of your class and it doesn't matter at all. Leveling to 80 and learning your class and topping the dps charts, heal charts, or being the best tank doesn't matter at all in the last boss fight of Occulus. It all comes down to how well you can press buttons to use some stupid drakes abilities. That is kind of counter intuitive to every thing else you have worked for in the game.

it is definetly not my favourite instance... there are much better one's

gladly i have all the achievements in there (and the rest of the heroics)...