Poll: Would be that a good idea?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Threat Reduction in Arms

Don't know if anyone else had problems with threat, but I did, and that never occured when I was sporting in fury

Re: Threat Reduction in Arms

Yes if they put it in a talent like strenght in arms

15+ Year Old Account

battle stance has already a 20% passive threat reduction
    http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=21156

yes that I know of, it's just barely enough - at least for me, that's why I am asking

we no need no threat reduction.

Hold off on the first bit of the fight. RNG can get crazy crits and pull aggro. If you still pull, find a new tank.

15+ Year Old Account

well tbh till now i never had threat issues.maybe it's not battle stance issue but tanks issue

i pull aggro like fucking crazy in 5 mans on my arms warrior. running with pugs though...

if you need a threat reduction talent in arms, then something must be really wrong with your tank imo :/

Quote Originally Posted by un_known
    if you need a threat reduction talent in arms, then something must be really wrong with your tank imo :/
    You evidently don't use your talents in a min/max way then. I can honestly tell you threat is a huge problem for arms, especially in a AE setting if you're using SS and Bladestorm every CD during add phases.

If a tank goes down, the arms warrior dies instantly. There are times I honestly have to just sit and auto attack for 5-10 secs at a time on certain fights. There is a very large need for threat reduction.

Its really easy for people to say your tank sucks then, or find a new tank. The simple fact is that its not the tanks fault or not all the tanks fault.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

Quote Originally Posted by Battousai
    You evidently don't use your talents in a min/max way then. I can honestly tell you threat is a huge problem for arms, especially in a AE setting if you're using SS and Bladestorm every CD during add phases.

If a tank goes down, the arms warrior dies instantly. There are times I honestly have to just sit and auto attack for 5-10 secs at a time on certain fights. There is a very large need for threat reduction.

Its really easy for people to say your tank sucks then, or find a new tank. The simple fact is that its not the tanks fault or not all the tanks fault.
    (1) I Sunder Armor in addition to optimizing my rotation (Threat on sunder armor @ 5 to 7k AP is insane), and seldom have threat problems single target.
    (2) AOE Threat is insane... Even with vigilance I get threat problems on fight like Thorim P1. :/
    (3) My tank goes down, I utilize an oh shit macro... tank CD's up in about 1s... I dunno how people raid without an oh shit button :P Pick one up, it's amazing.
    (4) 90% of the time, it IS the tank's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by marinos
    battle stance has already a 20% passive threat reduction
    http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=21156
    I've never seen this before???
    Quote Originally Posted by Xheoul View Post
    Send that bitch a smiley face...Bitches loooove smilie faces.

15+ Year Old Account

I've never seen this before???
    [/quote]

next time check better .this passive is there from the last patch before wotlk,i think

I have no problems with threat even when im popping ss + bs instantly on an aoe pack, maybe our tanks are just really pro then ?

Getting 5+ big crits in a row as arms usually means you are now tanking. Some kind of passive threat reduction from critgs would be nice. Say get a new tank all you want but after so many big crits in a row you will pull aggro especially in the first 10-15s of a fight.
    Yes you are still the worst moderator on these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    So unless you have a source besides your rectum, we'd appreciate if you didn't spread misinformation

Quote Originally Posted by FireBorne
    Getting 5+ big crits in a row as arms usually means you are now tanking. Some kind of passive threat reduction from critgs would be nice. Say get a new tank all you want but after so many big crits in a row you will pull aggro especially in the first 10-15s of a fight.
    Then don't do 5 "big crits" in the first 15 sec. of a fight. It's as simple as that. Arcane Mages are more or less the only spec that can go all out on single target DPS right from the start - but they are 40% thread reduced on their primary spells.

In Thorim's arena: Time your CDs according to the spawns. Don't do Bladestorm if you risk hitting an elite add that's not picked up by a tank. The small adds are easy to be ignored, we healers don't even mind if they hit a DPS-Warrior or DK or Ret-Paladin. It barely makes a difference.

In almost any trash encounter: Be responsible. DPS on trash does matter unlike many people believe, but you should rather hold back for 5 or 10 sec. instead of doing no DPS at all doing your corpse run.

tank issue

and/or

Enchant Cloak - Subtlety
    Permanently enchant a cloak to decrease threat from all attacks and spells by 2%.

/thread

From our Naxx25 lastnight:

Guildleader: "Can one of the prot warriors put Vigilance on [me]? I'm sick of healing his ass for every trash pull!"

If you have problems with threat it means everything is fine. It is a requirement to manage your threat, that's part of the job for select DPS classes.
    And like someone said, 20% threat reduction in Battle Stance is quite a lot, more would spoil Warriors.
    Planning is for amateurs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaska
    And like someone said, 20% threat reduction in Battle Stance is quite a lot, more would spoil Warriors.
    Well yes, if it actually worked that way it would be fine. But Deep Wounds remains unaffected by it and both Heroic Strike and Execute still deals way more threat than other attacks.

I always get Vigilance, and i'm almost always nr.2 on the threat meter even if i'm not on top of the damage meter.

For some reason i have enver ever seen the 20% threat reduction in arms. And itdoesn't show as I have to wait a bit to attack sicne my threat spikes up to huge amounts really quick. More than any other class with us even the hunters who at times out dps me. Doesn't feel like I have any threat reduction anyways.