3.2 JC'ing Question

Just another quick question, after the remove the prismatic ability from the dragons eye gems...how do they work?

Is it just like a regular gem..just improved stats?

15+ Year Old Account

Re: 3.2 JC'ing Question

yes
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    If Tinkers aren't the next class in WoW I'll shit in my hands and clap then eat my shoe.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Markcrux
    Just another quick question, after the remove the prismatic ability from the dragons eye gems...how do they work?

Is it just like a regular gem..just improved stats?
    Pretty much. Took a quick peek on the PTR myself and notice that they are either Red, Blue or Yellow socket.

Yup, the dragon's eye JC only gems are now just a "more epic" epic gem of the usual colour etc. You can still only socket 3.

The point is to balance them against the other profs. I think pure stat were in the 32/34 region (up from 27) didn't see what the likes of spellpower/attack power etc were at.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Does that mean that if i put a prismatic gem in a blue socket it gets blue? Because now i use the prismatic gems to reach the socket bonus. If they do not count anymore, i have to cange most of my gems. If they get the color of the socket, i'm glad.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Orodben
    Does that mean that if i put a prismatic gem in a blue socket it gets blue? Because now i use the prismatic gems to reach the socket bonus. If they do not count anymore, i have to cange most of my gems. If they get the color of the socket, i'm glad.
    The only gem that will be prismatic from 3.2 onwards will be the +10 stat gem, which means you can put it in any colour socket to get its socket bonus.

As for JC only gems ( which are currently prismatic) they will no longer be able to be put into any colour socket to get its socket bonus. As a previous poster pointed out they will basically count as a normal gem (yellow/red/blue) with just improved stats and will only give you a socket bonus if you match the relevent coloured gem in the correctly coloured slot.

i.e JC only str/ap/sp gems will count as a red gem, +hit/int/def will count as yellow gems, +spi/stam etc will count as blue gems.

10+ Year Old Account

I saw somewhere that blizzard is planning to reimburse JC's with tokens equal to the number of dragonseye gems they had.
    Does this apply to unsocketed ones (cut or uncut) as well as socketed ones?

Deleted

On the ptr the JC only gems i had on my copied char were simply updated to reflect the increase to the stats. But id assume that if we get any compensation at all it will probably only apply to cut gems you have currently socketed in your gear and probably recieve said gems back in the form of uncut dragons eyes. Just a guess mind you.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Venjer
    On the ptr the JC only gems i had on my copied char were simply updated to reflect the increase to the stats. But id assume that if we get any compensation at all it will probably only apply to cut gems you have currently socketed in your gear and probably recieve said gems back in the form of uncut dragons eyes. Just a guess mind you.
    Yeah I figured that might be how to stop people taking advantage of the system... but was wondering if anyone knew for sure..

Deleted

If they would only be a little more nice with holy pallies socket colors. (I'm not sure how other classes have it with their colors), but yea. Right now with the gear I currently have, I have 8 blue sockets, 3 red sockets, and 3 yellow sockets. Blue being the worst kind, and blue - red combined, is totally crap if you want a socket bonus, which I got on 2 pieces. I don't mind having a few bad colored ones, you can't have it all, but 8 blue sockets?.. I sure hope 3.2 gear makes more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Djinni
    Yeah I figured that might be how to stop people taking advantage of the system... but was wondering if anyone knew for sure..
    he didn't answer your question...

All he said was that you current dragon's eyes will have the new/improved stats, meaning you won't have to make new dragon's eye just to get the extra stats...
    but that was obvious because they're not adding a new recipe, they changed the old ones.

the question of reimbursing the dragon's eyes comes because when 3.2 is released all jewelcrafters will have to resocket all our prismatic gems, the socket bonuses will be lost, our meta gems will be deactivate because those two 27 str gems will no longer counts as a blue gem for your chaotic skyflare diamond.

When blizzard announced the prismatic removal they said they're looking for a way to reimburse, but I haven't heard anything about it since.

Quote Originally Posted by Proberly
    If they would only be a little more nice with holy pallies socket colors. (I'm not sure how other classes have it with their colors), but yea. Right now with the gear I currently have, I have 8 blue sockets, 3 red sockets, and 3 yellow sockets. Blue being the worst kind, and blue - red combined, is totally crap if you want a socket bonus, which I got on 2 pieces. I don't mind having a few bad colored ones, you can't have it all, but 8 blue sockets?.. I sure hope 3.2 gear makes more sense.
    While I know many holy pallys love to stack int/crit, the new Royal Dreadstone is 12SP/5mp5 and not a bad choice for your blue sockets if the socket bonus is worth it. Illumination is getting nerfed to 30% mana returned so mp5 may be a more viable option based on gear.

Shame I have to re-gem all 3 sets of gear on my pally to be sure I get the most benefit from socket bonuses. At least it looks like Blizz is adding hybrid Dragon's Eyes in 3.2 which should help.

Quote Originally Posted by Djinni
    I saw somewhere that blizzard is planning to reimburse JC's with tokens equal to the number of dragonseye gems they had.
    Does this apply to unsocketed ones (cut or uncut) as well as socketed ones?
    I'm gonna guess just the ones you have socketed. Not sure though, maybe they'll just give us three.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    Rule #84 of WoW: Saying "Rotation" doesn't automatically make you a good player... or even a competent one.

Another question - anyone know how much honor or badges the new gems cost?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehlkatur
    I have died some times for just blinking away from balls and straight in to another pair of balls.
    Nerf teabagging!

Quote Originally Posted by HavocLock
    Another question - anyone know how much honor or badges the new gems cost?
    15 emblems for green, purple, orange and 20 emblems for red, blue, yellow.
    No idea how much honor they go for as I haven't been on the PTR, this is just from what I have read on the forums.
    However, they will probably go for 15-20k honor (depending on color) since the current blue gems sell for 10k honor or 10 emblems so 1k honor is the equivalent of 1 emblem.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Quote Originally Posted by Orodben
    They will match the color of the cut, just like all the other gems. You will still be limited to having 3 equipped. However they are buffing the stats (going from 27 strength to 34 strength for example) but you can no longer get the socket bonus from them unless the color of the cut dragon's eye matches the socket. I hope this helps clarify.

Question...How many tokens do the new epic patterns cost? I've looked everywhere and can't find that info out.

Currently on PTR epic gem cuts cost 4 JC tokens and require 450 skill to learn.