Elemental - How does haste impact our DPS ?

I've been noticing this since we started our ToGC 25 man raids and now with ICC out and looking at the gear options we have does anyone think haste at some points during a fight is actually hurting us ? Dont get me wrong I know haste is a great source of our dps but at which point does it start to affect our overall flow of using our spells and skills in an effective way to maximise our dps.

My concern is, most of us very close to the presumably soft haste cap (1270) - my problem is with 1232 haste when heroism is poped I find myself forced to spam one button (LB) because I cant fit my normal rotation of LvB - CL - LB into what is supposed to be the time of the fight where everyone is dishing out their highest dps. I'm not sure if there is something Im not seeing here or doing wrong but is anyone else going through the same thing or is it just me ?

To Clarify my LvB and CL go under the 1 second cast time and therefore cannot be implemented normally because of the GCD.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...r=Kazzak&n=Cyo

As you can see Im not even in BiS - Think about how much haste you would have in ICC BiS or even semi BiS.

Re: Elemental - How does haste impact our DPS ?

For me I like to keep my haste 800-850 stock max, making with totem 1000-1050, keeping rotation easy to maintain
    adding on top my engi gloves enchant or my scale of fates on most cd's
    Also since the adjust to mastery I have to recheck again what is best haste to keep up, perhaps EJ has tested and got some dataz
    I force myself to keep my rotation up at all times, and never pop those 3 cd's with heroism (simply no use just take a wild magic pot)
    If you have problems with to much haste might aswell regem and reenchant where possible for max sp and drop haste (result is loosing socket bonus but rather few sp more then to much haste imo)
    Its harder when going higher gear lvl's to get the right balance, I personally try to get as much sockets as possible, stay close as possible to 263hr and just stack SP everywhere I can.
    In your case loosing your haste gems and get a better trinket then abyssal rune might help to get 1-1.1sec casts and get more SP
    (if armory was outdated on the gems/trinket plz ignore this, armory is down for me now so cant refresh and not certain it was uptodate last I seen)

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...r&n=Windflight
    Im not the best geared as for now but have some bad luck on getting certain items drop

Why ain't us eles stacking crit? We have an awesome talent spec based on crits. Elemental fury 5/5 gives 100% crit damage on all our spells, elemental oath gives 5% more crit and 10% more spell power when we crit, and I'm pretty sure all ele's have that 3% crit meta gem, at least they should. But for some reason people tell me haste, haste and more HASTE! I say crit, crit and more CRIT!

I've been contemplating this issue also. To the point where I'm starting to wonder whether haste is better then crit. Although my tests have shown haste to be superior.

However I would like the great minds of MMO Champion to help me with my gearing options.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ane&n=Shamalam

Yez I know I need a new weapon but previously I was using the HC of Argent resolve.

Where should I gem?

I also have engineering, do you think it's a good idea to take Hyperspeed Accelerators at item lvl?
    "I cast Riptide and then CH. Whenever it did happen to crit the 21 sec riptide would disappear. Now whether or not this is intentional is yet to be seen.

If anyone else can test this/confirm this for me that would be great. Seems to be a bug to me though. Blizzard being slack again. "

My finest and most retarded (4:25am)hour of wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonofsunder
    Why ain't us eles stacking crit? We have an awesome talent spec based on crits. Elemental fury 5/5 gives 100% crit damage on all our spells, elemental oath gives 5% more crit and 10% more spell power when we crit, and I'm pretty sure all ele's have that 3% crit meta gem, at least they should. But for some reason people tell me haste, haste and more HASTE! I say crit, crit and more CRIT!
    Oh god... Is that a troll?

Haste is way more useful for elem than crit, just because CRIT DOESN'T AFFECT ONE OF YOUR MAIN SPELLS, WHICH IS LAVA BURST.
    Moreover as you pointed out we have way enough crit to almost have a 100% uptime on clearcasting. Without aiming any crit item I'm sitting at 45% crit in raid.

looking over the expected loot from iic. you shouldn´t realy worry about to much haste. With totem and equip you should reach something like 1300 haste.

why nobody really socket crit is.

In most figth´s we stand still and shoot around. this ist where haste is clearly the domiating stat.

the more you have to move around the least effektiv haste become´s. That´s why haste proc´s are garbage cause you only get any kind of benifit if you spend the whole proctime casting.

crit ist a good state if you have to run arround alot like hodir. unfortunatly many figth´s now are just stand still maybe move 10% of the time.

as sombody mentioned befor crit is not a bad stat for ele schamen but haste is simply the better ;D

@poster above
    100% clearcasttime is a lie. this ist the most rng part of the shaman. if you are unlucky(wich happens alot to me) you never get a crit in the 2 cast before lava. And this end´s up in crappy lava dps.

Deleted

First:
    Always use LvB. Even when you're at 1sec LB and 0.00001sec LvB, it will still be better than casting LB. Just because it does more damage, always.

Next... well, it is somewhat annoying that we can't really use CDs during BL, since all our spells are so damn fast... and since crit is worse than haste, we're trying to stack haste whichs gives more DPS, but that again leads to no CDs during BL. Really annoying...

Well, just to say:
    Yes, with enough haste you won't be able to use a CD during BL, because it won't give any DPS. (haste-CDs)
    This point is at 1380 haste, including Totem and Ret/Boomkin.
    The thing is... BL is only active a very short part of the fight, so you can use your CDs afterwards or before BL and don't have to keep them unused 'til BL.
    So your DPS while BL is active will be a bit lower than when you go for crit instead of the haste, but your DPS out of BL will be way better, which is the reason while you should still stack Haste. (and aim for the magical 1269, because then you can put 6 LB between your LvB... yes, most of us are used to using a CL between LvB, because this way we hit the CD of LvB very nicely... but you'll get used to not using one :/
    And you could still switch some gear pieces for fights where there are 2 or more enemies and you could therefore make use out of CL.

Quote Originally Posted by DaDimi
    First:
    Always use LvB. Even when you're at 1sec LB and 0.00001sec LvB, it will still be better than casting LB. Just because it does more damage, always.

Next... well, it is somewhat annoying that we can't really use CDs during BL, since all our spells are so damn fast... and since crit is worse than haste, we're trying to stack haste whichs gives more DPS, but that again leads to no CDs during BL. Really annoying...

Well, just to say:
    Yes, with enough haste you won't be able to use a CD during BL, because it won't give any DPS. (haste-CDs)
    This point is at 1380 haste, including Totem and Ret/Boomkin.
    The thing is... BL is only active a very short part of the fight, so you can use your CDs afterwards or before BL and don't have to keep them unused 'til BL.
    So your DPS while BL is active will be a bit lower than when you go for crit instead of the haste, but your DPS out of BL will be way better, which is the reason while you should still stack Haste. (and aim for the magical 1269, because then you can put 6 LB between your LvB... yes, most of us are used to using a CL between LvB, because this way we hit the CD of LvB very nicely... but you'll get used to not using one :/
    And you could still switch some gear pieces for fights where there are 2 or more enemies and you could therefore make use out of CL.
    This guy
    This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.