Page 1 of 2
LastLast

concecrate CD is bad

so in cata concecrate is getting a 30 second CD

concecrate is a prot pallys only true AoE (holy shield requires you to block SoCom only hits 3 same with HotR and AS)

they are making holy wrath usable on any target type but they said they didnt want prot using it so we dont have anything to improve it unless they give it a really short CD prot is going to have alot of trouble tanking adds and trash since we wont have anything to hit them all with

so unless im missing something if this change goes through then tanking on a pally is going to be unbearable

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do you mean Consecration?

Deleted
    Crowd control? Focus target marketing and single target threatbuilding?
    This isn't Wrath dungeons we're talking about. You aren't supposed to need to build equal threat on every mob.

Deleted
    Not really. CC, mark a Skull. The biggest issue will probably be snap aggro when chain pulling or aggroing packs which join midfight.

Deleted
    unless theyr making 5+ packs u can us that hammer that hits 4 ppl for alot or ur shield trow that hits 3 ppl for ever more !!(stated by blizz)

Tbh the only problem with less aoe tanking is for prot palas in low lvl instances which is ment for the random aoe zergfest (especialy after they nerfed the shit out of them to make it easier for bad ppl)

They want you to actually have to make a decision, not just spam a LOLIALWAYSHAVEAOETHREAT!!! button.

Also, AoE tanking isn't going to be as big of a deal in Cata.

druid swipe is getting the nerf too. I think the issue with tanking will be less "can we take all this mobs" but "can we TANK all these mobs?". if there's a pack of 5, we'll probably have to CC 2 of em just so the tank can get sizable aggro on what's left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Deleted
    Learn to tab target?

They said they're reducing the amount of mobs you can tank anyway by making them smash you harder (to make CC worth a damn again) so we shouldn't even need to be able to tank 10 mobs in cata. Even if they completely removed consecration I would still expect decent pala tanks to be able to keep half a dozen mobs or so with some work, considering that warriors managed it through all of TBC with a two-target cleave and thunderclap as their only aoe.

it wasn't that much threat anyway

Warriors do fine with just cleave, thunderclap, and shockwave(two of which have a CD) and do just fine, I think we'll live with consecrate having a 30 second CD.

That's the idea, dude. Prot Paladins were better at AOE tanking than every single class in the game- they want to make AOE tanking harder across the board, to make CC viable again in some situations. Do try to keep up with what the developers are saying in blue crawler, or else you'll be frequently confused and mistaken.

(I am expecting Blood Tanks to get nerfed too.)
    That's just between you, me, and my pal Captain Winky.

wait... Hallowed ground doesn't increase the duration anymore?

They want to make healing, tanking and general instance and raiding harder in Cata by reintroducing the need to CC and keeping everyone on their toes more. People complained WotLK was too easy, you can't ask for WoW to be harder but complain because tanking won't be as easy as it was in WLK.

The idea is you don't have an ability that you can keep up constantly and not worry about threat too much. You've got to keep an eye on your threat and build it in other ways, instead of keep an AoE up and pulling extra threat.

You suddenly have to put effort into AoE tanking, so you deem the CD bad? I'd say this is more a case of learning and adapting to a new playstyle

15+ Year Old Account
    the CD is a good thing, on all tanking stuff. it will make people think about when the best time to use them are, rather than just spamming it whenever its off CD or "just because there's a pack of 4 i just spam -ability here-" (i'm looking at YOU Mr. Swipe, what a terribly boring playstyle).

this will also be retarded for retri pala dps, i hope its not final verison. 15s duration and no CD was way better
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naposim1337 View Post
    this will also be retarded for retri pala dps, i hope its not final verison. 15s duration and no CD was way better
    Retribution Paladins likely aren't going to have time, or any desire, to use Consecration in Cataclysm.

As an aside, TBC's Avenger's Shield had a 1.5 second caster time, and Holy Wrath at 3 seconds. I remember weaving in AS for bosses that had a 2s swing timer.
    I stream many games! WoW, SC2, TF2, old SNES games and mods, and many more! Find my stream here! I also upload many of my stream VODs and many offline recordings (usually of SC2 casts) to my YouTube, found here!. Follow, subscribe, and thanks!