New to elemental, stupid question

Just a silly question perhaps, but I keep getting mixed answers ...

Chain Lightning - do I need this on single target dps-rotations?
    Otherwise, I assume I just go Flame Shock - Lava Burst, LB ---> Fulm, rinse and repeat untill LB is up again or Flame Shock resets (dont have 4 pieces t10 yet)

If you have any other good suggestions for what I should keep in mind when trying to dps, please help me. Im a bit clueless
    Thanks!

Deleted
    LB scales better than CL so no, you don't need CL on single targets.

there are some rare occaisons where CL is used. think of it like this. casting LB LB LB etc and ur LB to next LvB is making you "waste" time before u can cast LvB. then using a faster CL will be better so you can be "ahead" of the timer. its very very hard to give an exact answer just thinkering with it on a dummy etc with different levels of haste. but as u can see its all comes down to LvB and its CD and if its procing or not. even with procs it makes it more interesting , but most of the time harder aswell to judge what to use when. this is one of the more interesting things added to shamans in 4.01 and you realy need to go to a dummy and test for yourself to get a feel with your current gear and how to proceded (also blizz Power Aura fails for elemental since it dont track 9Lsheild stack or LvB procs and that makes me a sand panda (( )