Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Latest PTR build

Aimed Shot weapon damage has been increased to 200%, up from 150%. In addition, the base cast time has been reduced to 2.4 seconds, down from 3.
    Arcane Shot damage has been increased by 15%.
    Aspect of the Wild, Aspect of the Hawk, and Aspect of the Fox can now be cast while mounted.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>Hunters can now use Auto Shot while moving.<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111 O N E !!!!!!
    Concussive Shot duration has been increased to 6 seconds, up from 4.
    Deterrence now provides 100% chance for melee attacks to miss instead of 100% parry chance. This means that attacks that cannot be parried, notably some rogue abilities, can now be prevented by Deterrence, and the hunter will gain the benefit of Deterrence even if disarmed.
    Dust Cloud's cooldown and duration have been modified to make it closer aligned with Tailspin (same effect, different pet).
    Freezing Trap now has a PvP duration of 8 seconds.
    Kill Command's damage has been increased by 20%.
    Kill Shot's attack power scaling has been increased by 50%.
    Master's Call now has a 35-second cooldown, down from 1 minute, and its range has been increased to 40 yards, up from 25. In addition, the visual effect is more obvious.
    Wing Clip now has a PvP duration of 8 seconds.

Talent Specializations
    Beast Mastery
    Animal Handler now provides a passive 25% bonus to attack power, up from 15%.

Marksmanship
    Chimera Shot's overall damage has been increased by roughly 50%.
    Wild Quiver (Mastery): Chance for this to trigger per mastery has been increased by approximately 17%.

Survival
    Black Arrow damage has been reduced by 15%.
    Explosive Shot damage has been reduced by 15%.
    Hunter vs. Wild has been increased to 5/10/15% Stamina, up from 4/8/12%.
    Into the Wilderness (passive) has been reduced to a 10% Agility increase, down from 15%.

Pets
    Pets now have 70% of the master's armor, rather than a different value based on which type of pet they are.
    Shale Spiders now correctly have a special ability (Web Wrap).
    Bad Manner (monkey) now properly breaks from damage.
    Glyph of Concussive Shot redesigned. It now limits the maximum run speed of the target while Concussive Shot is active.
    Bug Fixes :Cobra Shot now properly increases the duration of the Serpent Spread Serpent Sting.

So here it is ;p and its interesting
    !1st and most important AUTO SHOT ON THE MOVE MOTHER FUCKER FUCKING FINALLY BLIZZARD U DECIDE TO CHANGE SOME CORE MECHANICS !!!!!!
    possible fix to MM burts - with chimera doing 50% more dmg
    Surv. serpent spread nerf reverted - really nice change !
    Arcane shot buff 15% - interesting how it will works for nerfed explosive shot ~_^
    Last edited by lolipopp; 2011-01-13 at 05:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipopp View Post
    i cant see the serpent spread nerf and WTF arcane shot does 15% more dmg
    Serpent spread nerf was reverted to appease the qq, when they should have buffed multi-shot since mm will likely be the top raiding spec if not this patch, the next tier. The chimera and arcane buffs may actually make mm pvp decent again, not holding my breath though.

---------- Post added 2011-01-13 at 04:45 AM ----------

WOW, just looked at the notes again-

Hunters can now use Auto Shot while moving.

Auto shot on the run
    /thread

Also anyone know if aimed shot is now working for the proc from master marksman? Arcane spam is delicious

it was about fucking time man ..this auto shot on the move is so HUGE.... i don't have words to expess it and with this change if goes live I back to MM ;p !
    Last edited by lolipopp; 2011-01-13 at 05:23 AM.

OH. MY. GOD.

:O, Downloading PTR just to try out that Auto Shot buff!
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by rasmil View Post

That made my day for sure :P.
    Not that stopping every second to autoshot is hard, just a clunky mechanic.
    Last edited by Exhorder; 2011-01-13 at 05:05 AM.

Few things.

Arcane shot still wont be better than our main nukes. Especially for MM/Surv. Explosive will still hit harder in 3 ticks, and the Focus per Damage will be better overall.

Arcane Spam in MM wont work with the Chimera buff if it sticks.

With the huge buff to BM's Kill Command, Arcane Spam will still be terrible,

Overall, since MM/BM use alot more Arcane Shots, its generally a buff in their direction. They already said they dont want people just want to arcane spam, and I think it will get re-nerfed if people start doing it, and thinking they are good.

I do think that with the buff to Arcane Shots damage, auto shot while moving, the buff to the nerf of BA and Exp Shot, and the Kill Shot buff, SV won't lose much DPS if any at all. I'm hopeful that MM and BM won't surpass it because well...I just started to enjoy SV all over again. :|

10+ Year Old Account
    Arcane Shot buff + glyph, will it now be worth focus dumping with arcane shot instead of just continuing doing Cobra Shot or will arcane still be only on the move shot?
    The perfumed* boys he wrapped in chains and threw into the sea. They were unnatural creatures, and the ship smelled better once cleansed of their presence.

*Degenerative Casuals

Now i can only wish they cut some of the focus generated my Cobra/Steady and add it to auto shot as a reward for staying in range ...it will help so much in pvp(lets say 6 focus per Cobra and 3-4 from auto shot something like that)
    Last edited by lolipopp; 2011-01-13 at 05:42 AM.

Serpent Spread change reverted!

WOOT!
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    Yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Hunters can now use Auto Shot while moving."

Made my day! I love it! A buff that means something! Glory!

I've added the latest changes to femaledwarf.com. Note that they may be implemented incorrectly since the notes are a bit unclear on how the damage boost is being applied to chimera and arcane, and the damage reduction to BA. I'll fix the math when I know more.

My quick initial review puts all 3 specs pretty close together, things are looking more promising.

Really hope these buffs allow me to change my sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeherah View Post
    I've added the latest changes to femaledwarf.com. Note that they may be implemented incorrectly since the notes are a bit unclear on how the damage boost is being applied to chimera and arcane, and the damage reduction to BA. I'll fix the math when I know more.

My quick initial review puts all 3 specs pretty close together, things are looking more promising.
    Cheers for the quick update, just checked it out and indeed it's looking ALOT better than it was yesterday..

Combined: 20293.55 100.00%
    Hunter: 17989.72 88.65%
    Pet: 2303.83 11.35%
    Previous: 21694.32 -1400.77
    Yeah.

It's the usual technique adopted by politicians and governments worldwide, particularly when raising taxes.
    Publicise a worst case scenario (25% nerfs), watch the qq and then soon after find a middle ground that still sucks, but is policy that people are happier to accept.
    I still don't accept the need for such a heavy-handed nerfbat.
    But their carrot to dangle was the auto shot on the move, something that has been blatantly disregarded for quite some time now.
    So here you go, we've sorted an issue that has plagued hunters since their inception, but we're still going to nerf you into the dirt.

Guys, we can autoshot while moving.

Whatever else they do, doesn't matter <3

Still chimera shot on 6 sec CD on PTR ?

now let my Mage Wand on the move, and everything will be A-ok
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

while the coolest and probably best thing to read in those patch notes is the auto shot on the move (although i can see major qq from other classes getting this reverted) im probably happiest at this moment about the serpent spread revert. seeing those patch notes today almost got me booted off my 10 man raid team being it was just me and one other person carrying aoe dps.