Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Exclamation Anyone Still Roll Rogues? Haven't Seen Many...

Hey Guys,

I just started a Goblin Rogue but was a bit like meh...

I wanted to try the class cause I like the idea of not taking on a shed load of mobs and being able to sneak in and grab xyz to complete the quest - however having played for all of an hour I am a bit underwhelmed.

Before I get over level 10 - your thoughts on Rogues and any other classes you think I should try?

Deleted
    It's really fun - best class ever. It might not be for you, and by all means role the class you like to play the best, but I can recommend it

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am rogue....hi ?

btw you get one the best horde race to do a rogue. Keep it.
    If you fishing for hours at the same place and you become confident that everything is fine and safe, its will mean one thing; You are wrong. Because i was actually sitting near of you for hours, cloaked in the shadow with a smile on my face and my daggers ready to strike. I did it many time before. I will do it again.....and again......

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taunka View Post
    It's really fun - best class ever. It might not be for you, and by all means role the class you like to play the best, but I can recommend it
    Awesome - sounds good!

Quote Originally Posted by Zanardam View Post
    I am rogue....hi ?

btw you get one the best horde race to do a rogue. Keep it.
    2 replies and 2 thumbs up - think I will keep it and give it a bash - probably the switch of playing a Warrior and then going to a Rogue wasn't the best idea lol

They play so differently - with my Warrior I can just run in, with a Rogue I have to think a bit more - and when I think my head hurts

You won't see a lot of rogues because most people tend to roll easier classes. If you find that rogue truly isn't for you, you can always go with a druid. Though from looking around the forums druids are dieing and the world is coming to an end if the patch goes live.

Deleted
    I have 85 gnome rogue, why should i lvl another one?

10+ Year Old Account
    I leveled a Rogue because it's the class less played in my server. No regrets at all, never thought DPS could be that fun (I was healer in TBC and tank in WLK).

Leveled a Goblin rogue from 1-85. Great fun, and still is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only one who finds it ironic that he haven't seen many rogues lately?
    Vol'jin fanboy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wreyez View Post
    Leveled a Goblin rogue from 1-85. Great fun, and still is.
    Awesome this is what I intend to do Think i will stick with it some more - think it was just a shock compared to the starting area for Worgen.

I mean the 2 are about as different as they can get - although I did think it was cool when Death Wing came flying over at the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawaam View Post
    Maybe he should look over his shoulder...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawaam View Post
    lol I meant not counting my new Goblin of course!

I've been a rogue since 2006 and I still love the class, even though I was main healer for wotlk. Rolling back to my origins and will stay like that.

Is it fun ? hell yes
    Is it fun to play in any context ? you betcha!
    Plus you can solo alot of things plate users can't with the various specs and cooldowns

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WOWKings View Post
    Anyone Still Roll Rogues? Haven't Seen Many...

Quote Originally Posted by WOWKings View Post
    Seen
    There's your problem.

We are masters of the stealth arts! Of course you don't see us
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastrcapn View Post
    There's your problem.

Yep, I wrote the reply above and then finally "got" it.

Looks like I may not be quick enough to be a rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Mastrcapn View Post
    There's your problem.

Yes, that was the joke captain =P

(More irony in the fact that his name is "capn" heh)

A good rogue is one you never see...
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

I have seen almost no rogues. I have been in 3 raiding guilds over the past few years. Only one has had a raiding rogue, and he rarely came.

I played a rogue for a while in beta vanilla, as well as about every class (except shaman and paladin) up to about 20 or so. I decided on rogue as my first character, and it was my only character for about a year. At some point I got tired of her and to date hasn't been at the level cap since TBC came out. She is sitting at 74 right now, because every time I tried to go back and play her... I had been away from rogues for so long and rogues had changed enough that I felt like I was re-learning everything.

A couple weeks ago I started a goblin rogue from level 1, and have been having a lot of fun. I'm now level 62 and still really enjoying it. It has changed a lot... enough to feel somewhat new to me. Like you, I enjoy being able to pick and choose my fights (but I always steal their shit when I can...).

I don't think they are particularly difficult, as a couple of other people menitoned (then again, I was a cat druid for a while when they had the John Madden rotation/priority system), but there's certainly an element of skill to juggling all the various finishers. I'm excited to hit 85.

10+ Year Old Account
    I rolled a rogue way back when BC launched, and hated it. I rolled a new rogue after the 4.0.3 patch hit (not for 4.0.3a) and I love it. I love it to bits. Leveled it to 60 in record time (hardly noticed time passing), but I had to leave him be after 4.0.3a to work on my other alts and my main. I fully intend to go back to playing him, I thought it was crazy fun.
    "Work is da poop! NO MORE!" - Disgruntled Dragonmaw Peon