Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Concept for New Faction Races (only concept remember...)

Alliance: Humans, Nightelves, Dwarves, Gnomes, Draenei, Worgen, Vrykul, Furbolgs.
    Horde: Orcs, Tauren, Trolls, Goblins, Bloodelves, Forsaken, Ogres, Centaur.

Vrykul: For years the Vrykul viewed the Humans a a curse upon their bloodline. After recently seeing their King and God both slain by Human adversaries, The Vrykul have had a slight change in allegiance and pledge their loyalty to their descendants and assist them in destroying the Horde.

Furbolgs: Long ties with the Nightelves have already paved the way for the Furbolg's to join the Alliance. Now after the Draenei have also assisted them on Azuremyst and Bloodmyst, its as if they were destined to join the Alliance and defeat the Horde deforestors.

Ogres: Having heard glorious tales of the Horde's feats in both Outland and Northrend, the Ogres eagerly joined the Horde in hopes of establishing an alliance with them and helping them crush their Alliance enemies.

Centaur: Ever since the defeat of their Mother in Maraudon, the Centaur wandered Desolace aimlessly for years. Now with an offer of Peace and allegiance from Baine Bloodhoof, they readily accept the invitation into the Horde and now prepare themselves for the War against the meddlesome alliance.

What do you think? Also, Naga no because they serve the Old Gods. Pandaren No because we haven't hardly seen them in WoW. Murlocs/Gnolls no because that would be ridiculous.
    O_o

10+ Year Old Account
    Wherever there are gnomes that havent been eaten yet.
    Centaur? Not likely considering they near made the tauren extinct...substitute Wolvar and yes.
    <Insert something witty and humorous here>

Mok'nathal; give them a unique models, have a starting zone in the Blade's Edge Mountains that end with the clan forced to retreat into Azeroth.

Deleted
    Gl getting centaurs on mounts.

Considering Vrykul are just the original human race, it would be a bit like having mechagnomes in the alliance with the gnomes, or the night elfs and blood elfs in the same faction.
    It dosnt mean its impossible, its possible just the driect northrend vrykul are to close to humans, maybe if we travel around the world a bit , down south? We may find another off bread of human

On that note i think thats cataclysms 'door opener' since we semi know azeroth dosnt have that many other islands or lands , but cataclysm did change the world and blizzard can easily pull the 'when deathwing broke through the world, on the other side of azeroth the lands of old rose from.... etc"

Doubt the Centaurs, maybe another race for the Horde

10+ Year Old Account
    nice work dude! I wouldnt mind but Vyrkuls wouldnt work imo.

Deleted
    One of the big cheeses at Blizzard (Ghostcrawler or someone) has regularly stated they think it'd be ace for Naga to be a playable race, so it really wouldn't surprise me if they ended up being one. Probably horde i imagine too, with the playable race "evolving" some kind of legs (for practical purposes, mounts etc). I'm also gonna bet furbolgs with the alliance.

Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by DexterityRogueFeathermoon View Post
    Naga no because they serve the Old Gods.
    In the same way that all blood elves serve Kael'Thas, all Trolls want to resurrect Hakkar, all dwarves have Ragnaros on their friends list.....yeah no.

I'd love to see the Naga playable, and the lore is malleable for it to be a very real possibility.

Some group of naga just so happen to be tired of Azshara being a total bitch so they join those orcs and stuff.

There, done.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

Vyrkuls would be pretty awesome, I'd love to play as one. Like, would really love to play as one. Furlbogs make sense lorewise, but are kinda meh in my opinion. Ogres are neat (one or two heads customization anyone?) but centaurs? There are several problems both lorewise as well as simple issues with mechanics:

1. The Tauren despised the centaur. And it takes a lot for the Tauren to hate anything.
    2. Centaur are fairly unintelligent. I suppose you could make the same argument for ogres, but there it is.
    3. Centaurs cannot ride mounts. This would not be an issue for land mounts, they could just use themselves like worgen do, but how could they possibly use the taxis and flying mounts?
    4. I don't actually have a fourth one, but i figure most of you will have stopped reading by now and longer list=more intelligent looking right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Baever View Post
    Heroic modes =/= additional bosses. It's the same encounter, but cannot be steamrolled by an inbred Texan with same IQ as a roll of toilet paper.
    Quote Originally Posted by rabbimojo View Post
    And, more, I'm fairly certain there are several homosexual characters in the game - they don't need to have <Gay> under their name to make it so.
    I'm that guy who enjoys sitting their 6'5" frame in front of little kids in movie theaters.

Quote Originally Posted by Pukka View Post
    Gl getting centaurs on mounts.
    Don't play Alliance at all, eh?

I think Furbolgs and Ogres are real possibilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm all for Vrykul, the animations are pretty sweet. But not a fan of Furbolgs personally.
    Substitute Furbolg for some sort of Bipedal-Nerubain race and I'd be a happy fellow, Brann said there was always a welcome place in the alliance for them.

Shinydemon(85) Kuricos(85) Akros(85) Seraphus(81) Ritsura(85) Anathama(85) Arelia(85) Aaurala(66) Solanáa(49) Myasma(60)

10+ Year Old Account
    yuo're wrong, centaurs would join the alliance IF. taurens never would make peace with them.
    the same with vrykuls, they'll never let the "curse" alive within them, they 're more Horde inclined.

i can be wrong bu ti think you're just an ally fanboy who wants "the better" races, than lorewise or posible, I might be wrong, hope so, BTW.

Centaurs absolutely not. Especially not with that back story. You don't just ask your heartless enemies who campaigned the extinction of your kind to join up with you when they've shown no inkling towards not wanting to disembowel all of you. Trust doesn't just materialize like that. The only reason they'd jump so handily into an allegiance with the Horde would be to infiltrate it in their grand scheme to erase Tauren-kind.

It's also clear in the new 1k needles quests that the centaur hate the goblins, and their attempts to fool the centaur made it worse.

They also don't want to make races that have any appendages that exceed two legs and two arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Velandia View Post
    Don't play Alliance at all, eh?

I think Furbolgs and Ogres are real possibilities.

Picture a centaur on a gryphon. Now edit your post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baever View Post
    Heroic modes =/= additional bosses. It's the same encounter, but cannot be steamrolled by an inbred Texan with same IQ as a roll of toilet paper.
    Quote Originally Posted by rabbimojo View Post
    And, more, I'm fairly certain there are several homosexual characters in the game - they don't need to have <Gay> under their name to make it so.
    I'm that guy who enjoys sitting their 6'5" frame in front of little kids in movie theaters.

Picture a centaur with wings, flight form :P

Solution.
    Hot glue horn to centaur.
    Centaur is now unicorn.
    Unicorns fly.

Deal with it.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Any NPC normal mobs such as Gnolls, troggs, murlocs etc could be brought to the Horde site through the mineral that increased the goblins intelligence, out of gratitude they join the horde as a "mercenary" race, which is more neutral than anything. Either that or we just whip em til they work for the Horde.

Centaur, bad Idea. but Vrykul are a simple race. They will serve who ever they see as the Strongest, since Humans attacked their main castle head on, and a Human defeated the Lich King, they would definitely join the Alliance because they would see that our "curse" isn't so much of a curse after all.

The Naga are majority evil because they were twisted that way by the Old gods.

Mok'Nathal wouldn't work because Lorewise, Rexxar is like one of the last remaining. Therefore you get ogres, who already have a town with the Horde, Brackwall!

Furbolgs would be nice, but they would need to beef up a bit.

Also back to Negridoom. Bloodelves are people, not twisted spawns of an Old God. Dark iron Dwarves are the only Dwarf faction that worship ragnaros. Gurubashi (Forest Trolls) are the only types of trolls who are majority evil, the Island and Dark trolls are not evil. The Naga would be faaaaar more inclined to join Alliance seeing as we have their more direct ancestors: Highborne (NE mages), Nightelves and High Elves on Alliance side.

---------- Post added 2011-01-20 at 12:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by shimargh View Post
    yuo're wrong, centaurs would join the alliance IF. taurens never would make peace with them.
    the same with vrykuls, they'll never let the "curse" alive within them, they 're more Horde inclined.

i can be wrong bu ti think you're just an ally fanboy who wants "the better" races, than lorewise or posible, I might be wrong, hope so, BTW.
    Yes I am an Alliance Fan Boy. but how could you say I want the Better race? I gave Horde Ogres. Ogres are amazing :P I'm just putting races in factions according to ties/Lore.
    O_o

Centaurs will never happen. You need to understand how hard it would be to make gear sets for them.
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity