Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I have a pally main and a Hunter alt that I'm working on...

Well I was in a heroic and a healer plate drops, I hit greed as I'm running ret at the time and the prot pally hit need so hes obviously prot/holy or he wouldn't have needed on the healer gear...
    well later the Foe Reaper drops well that is better then my sword was, so i need, HE NEEDS TOO!!!
    Well I said brb before he needed and i come back from the bathroom to see a kick up for me for "bad dps and ninja"
    Dps went like so...
    Me --> mage(my guild) --> Warlock(tanks guild) --> tank --> healer
    I ended up not getting kicked so the tank tried to kick my guilde for bad dps after he pointed out I was topping the dps chart and had been since the first boss...
    Neither of us got kicked and the warrior proceeded to run the dungeon without another word till I asked him why he needed on both a holy gear and a ret gear...
    he responded...
    "I'm all three specs"

ROFL... -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Nah View Post
    Worse still are the ones who say, "I undercut [item] by 200g because the current price on AH just isn't fair!!!" These are the same people who seem to think devaluing currency is a good idea.

Also, I'll second lockne's example of someone standing in fire. I still facepalm at the thought of a thread I read some months ago where a ranged dps spent several pages arguing that he should be allowed to stand in the fire and keep dpsing because "that's what healers are for!"

Sigh...
    I totally agree! Pseudomorals do not drive market prices in good ways. Natural market forces do.
    If you love someone, you will focus your life on their happiness.

Simple.....just go to the official Blizzard WoW forums, click on general discussion -- the list comes up....close your eyes and then randomly click a topic...there you go......works practically any time...24/7/365.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I read it somewhere in these forums and it stuck in my head because in the years I've been playing, never have I heard of something like it before.

The poster explained how he was in an SM run with a warlock (in Vanilla I believe) who was doing less than poor dps. As they pulled groups of trash, they noticed he would only cast one spell every 5 or so seconds, so they finally asked why he was taking so long to get his casts off. His response was something along the lines of "I don't know how you guys are doing it so fast and how you can see so well, but I cannot remember what page each spell is on so it takes a long time for me to kill." The guy was actually clicking through his spellbook rather than putting them down on his action bars. How he got all the way to SM like that is beyond me.

My own experiences have been pretty typical examples of dumb or uneducated and at the time being I cannot recall anything extra "special". I have always seen the usual things like "omg I'm stuck why can't I move" after a paladin casts Divine Intervention and such. What some people DO on the other hand often baffles me.

Deleted
    This is something that happened yesterday morning to my dad.

Right so my dad has been having problems with his work router, which wouldn't let him connect to his secure network. So my dad plays around with it a bit doing all teh usual unplug/replugging wires/turning off and on but cant get it to work. Calls the IT support peeps and they send a tech guy round to take a look but he cant seem to figure out teh problem either. So advises my dad to call IT support again and request a new router.

So my dad calls the IT peeps again and speaks to a different guy. After hearing my dad explain the situation, the guy tells him to unplug and do all that stuff again...my dad is like, "Did you not just hear me say a technician came round and couldn't figure it out...do you not think either of us had the knowledge to try this again?", I lol'ed at that straight away but o noes there is more to this story. The tech guy then suggests my dad emails IT support to request a new router...>.< Dad replies "So you want me to email you to request a new router when I dont have internet access?"...Guy replies "yes thats right sir". I lol'ed hard. My dad just gave up and put teh phone down.

end of epic tale for the week.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is the transcript of an actual, honest-to-goodness conversation I had with some random Mage.

[W:From] [Mage]: Hey, Jerks recruiting?

[W:To] [Mage]: You'd actually need to ask Dayne, or post on our forums.

[W:From] [Mage]: Oh you need to fill an app?

[W:To] [Mage]: Yep! There's an app template, lemme dig out the forum addy for you.
    [W:To] [Mage]: [http://www.jerks.cc/forums/]

[W:From] [Mage]: No thanks. I don't join retard guilds no offensive lol.
    [W:From] [Mage]: If you have to apply the guild takes the game 100% to seriously.

[W:To] [Mage]: Well, we do have standards.
    [W:To] [Mage]: As with any raiding guild.

[W:From] [Mage]: To become a good raider you need practice. I trained half them guys myself in Jerks. I didn't know they got "hardcore"

[W:To] [Mage]: You do know this used to be Cleave Edge, right? <--- (Top raiding guild through all of WotLK. Magic Seeker, Obsidian Slayer, Death's Demise, Grand Crusader)

[W:From] [Mage]: Nope, what's Chuy's ranking now?

[W:To] [Mage]: Raider, like the rest of us.

[W:From] [Mage]: Haha. I couldn't be his friend anymore cause I didn't get gear fast as he did. And I carried him to 80.

[W:To] [Mage]: Well, I don't have anything negative to say here, so I'll just leave it.

[W:From] [Mage]: Yep as will I. Sorry to waste/bother you. Enjoy your night.

Deleted
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.
    Posted by some guy quite some time ago in some thread somewhere on here.

I saw a fairly humorous guild advert in trade chat back at my old server right at the end of WotLK (I believe it was about two weeks before Cataclysm was released):

"Night Of The Light is recently HardCore Guild That Raid in Sat and Sun we Need (Moonkin and Dk) most geared with brain and high achiv". That is literally what it said. Still not entirely sure if it was serious, but I think it was.

one night, after wiping on the third boss of grim batol due to terrible, terrible healing:

10+ Year Old Account
    - Go to the official WoW forums

- Go to any thread on the story forums about the forsaken

- Read any comment posted by an undead character

- ????

- Profit
    "I see nothing. I hear nothing. I taste victory."

"Trolling (verb): speaking your honest opinion." - you know who

I was advertising to craft vial of sands on my realm. I then got whispered by someone telling me I was advertising something that had mats that were unavailable to players. So I told him no all the mats are in the game and that 2 could be bought from an NPC named Yasmin and the rest could be made by alchemists.

He honestly didn't believe me...

I ended up linking him every single mat required from my alchemy list... Because he didn't believe me. I wish I could say he was trolling me but really he was that silly.

He also presumed to lecture me on how I would not get a sale unless I put that information in my advert, I replied letting him know that i had plenty of sales before him.

So this other day I was on Orgrimmar, flying around, hours before my raid. This Tauren kept on spamming Orgrimmar with yells of "ohw can i fly ogrimar and get lvl?"

I decided to help the fella, invited and him and asked him a few questions.

Hey there, how are you? So you want to fly in Orgrimmar right and get Experience yea? Have you tried going Vashj'ir? He replied with what is Vashj'ir in a Broken English that not even I can type...

Later on, I asked him if he bought Cataclysm, he comes with the answer "ow much gold is it? Were can I get it?"

I seriously had to tell him to more to the next store and buy it... -_-

Durid Baer is... something.

Those.

ESTA Application for travel to America from overseas

Are you seeking entry to engage in criminal or immoral activities?

Are you now involved in espionage or sabotage?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mikez2k10 View Post
    ESTA Application for travel to America from overseas

Are you seeking entry to engage in criminal or immoral activities?

Are you now involved in espionage or sabotage?
    Yes and yes. Is that going to be an issue?

But to be fair, they ask you that because a lot of times, lying on a federal document is a more serious offense than whatever crime you committed, so they can lock you up longer. So if you say no, then do it anyway, you have committed 2 crimes instead of 1.
    Last edited by Kalyyn; 2011-01-17 at 03:02 PM.

Saw this conversation near a recent blue post.

2. Why should I, someone who can heal Heroics comfortably at iLevel 329, be kept out because the below-average players (and keep in mind, 49.9% of the players are below average, chances are you are if you're saying "Heroics are hard" *you are below average*) are not comfortable at that level?
    2. Would like to see "hard" evidence of the figures your posting as to the percentage of below average players that reside in WoW. Anyone can spew out random numbers like 14% of the WoW population are elitists, cwutididthar?
    Someone doesn't understand the definition of "average"

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Saw this conversation near a recent blue post.

Someone doesn't understand the definition of "average"
    I'm confused now...
    Average can be refering to the average item level or to the player skills, but both of them are qualities not quantities, it seems you are implying that average means 50% and half of the players (50%) are below average... but that just doesn't makes sense.

EDIT:
    And OT: "Hey! A player named Elder just spammed my inbox with letters!"
    Last edited by darkbreaker; 2011-01-22 at 07:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Simbert
    You gain 4 additional girlfriends once you stop playing WoW. It is statistically proven that WoW equals 4 girlfriends. No one exactly know where they come from, but WoW is the only thing that prevents the world from being flooded with insane amounts of girls.

Actually, that is the sole reason we even play WoW. We simply could not stand all those girlfriends jumping at you at every corner of the street if we didn´t.

this holy pally was dropping some serious QQ about mana burn on the priest forums, saying how pallies ran out of mana and couldn't do shit with out mana... and everyone just told him to LoS which his reply was: SO WHAT YOURE TELLING ME I HAVE TO RUN AND HIDE? NO EFF THAT

it was a fun debate watching an angry priest mob eat a bad pally

Stacking death strike shields? are you nuts? you're taking the class that can heal themselves for 25K + per death strike and with all the mastery putting a protective bubble on them for 35K, and now in the 10 seconds (or less) between death strikes you're going to have the bubbles stack?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1921696855
    Yep, this is one of the dumber things I've read recently.
    Whaleshark /spits on your science.