Poll: Melee or range?

Thread: Rangeclysm?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Rangeclysm?

Anyone else find it ridiculous how range are favored in this xpack?
    In both Pve/Pvp.

Lets watch some examples.

* 80% of all Raid bosses is Melee Unfriendly.
    * Warriors are useless in arena atm.
    * Ferals are gimped.
    * Dk's got a nerf to their mobility buff today.

But it seems all range are now viable in both pve/pvp.
    /discuss

Casterclysm has a better ring to it

15+ Year Old Account
    I thought of Autoclysm a while back.

Come to think of it, it's Deathwing trying to flush everything. And both the Alliance and Horde are gathering to stop it.

That said, plenty of melee are doing great.
    Still, yes, it sort of feels like everything's turned too much into a kiting dogfight where everyone and their mom slow or root stuff.

But, another thing also happens: Players need to adapt. All the changes made some more classes viable in PvP.
    With Combat Rogues' Kidney Shot potentially lasting 9 sec, Warrior damage increasing, etc - what changed was the viable combos.

Warriors need more babysitting than ever. An enhancement Shaman, Holy paladin, etc will still work wonders with the "not so mobile" melee specs.
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2011-02-12 at 02:12 PM.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Geez, how long have you been playing? This game has ALWAYS been ranged friendly. It's part of the reason why ranged DPS is for pussies :P

Quote Originally Posted by Unatural View Post
    In both Pve/Pvp.

* Ferals are gimped.

/discuss
    Wrong
    Wrong
    Wrong
    True

What raid bosses are anti-melee? The only bosses I haven't done this far are Nefarion and Sinestra and I don't really feel like any of the fights punish melee more than ranged.

Halfus - Maybe moving from Drake to Halfus, but they should be tanked together anyway.
    V&T - Ranged has to move in to stack on Valiona, Melee suffers from dps'ing in front on Theralion.
    Ascendant Council - Melee may have to move farther to get the correct debuff in phase 2, emphasis on MAY.
    Cho'gall - I see no problems here.

Magmaw - No advantages to being ranged, in fact, Hunter's have range issues on this due to his hitbox being quite large.
    Omnotron - You can fuck other people with the Electro debuff if you aren't fast enough.
    Maloriak - I see no problems here.
    Chimaeron - You may have to stop dps'ing depending on how far away from the boss everyone decides to stack.
    Atramedes - It might be a little harder for melee to avoid sound circles, but it's not that hard. You can't DPS in phase 2, which isn't that big of a deal because you should be focused on staying out of bad and running from lolasers.

Conclave of Wind - No disadvantage to being melee.
    Al'akir - You may have to move farther for a cyclone wall, but this could happen to ranged also.
    Mike Morheim: Rift is totally gonna fail
    Ghostcrawler: Yeah good thing we made healing harder!
    Metzen: Guys, what soul should I get to go with Paladin and Beastmaster?

Quote Originally Posted by Unatural View Post
    In both Pve/Pvp.

* Ferals are gimped.

/discuss

Sorry cant understand what you said!
    [u

10+ Year Old Account
    OP put it in a very, very bad way, cataclysm is very ranged dependant, melee got fucked over, but you really CANT complain about Dks and warriors and ferals in pvp, theyre still overpowered as fuck ( feral not so much, but Dks and warriors are ridiculous atm, 30k RB non crits)
    i play a ret pally and i just cant bare to dps now because ret pallys are still pretty crap in pvp, and in pve most fights are completely ranged dependant, it sucks cause its my main aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Needonboots View Post
    Casterclysm has a better ring to it
    this imho is so true

Deleted
    More QQ I see

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    More QQ I see
    i wouldnt say QQ, not yet anyway, its more of a discussion about how blizzard have unfortunately decided to favor ranged dps in this expansion pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellash View Post
    Come to think of it, it's Deathwing trying to flush everything.
    Deathwing's secret plan is to bore Azeroth to death.

Quote Originally Posted by xionkarl View Post
    What raid bosses are anti-melee? The only bosses I haven't done this far are Nefarion and Sinestra and I don't really feel like any of the fights punish melee more than ranged.

Halfus - Maybe moving from Drake to Halfus, but they should be tanked together anyway.
    V&T - Ranged has to move in to stack on Valiona, Melee suffers from dps'ing in front on Theralion.
    Ascendant Council - Melee may have to move farther to get the correct debuff in phase 2, emphasis on MAY.
    Cho'gall - I see no problems here.

Magmaw - No advantages to being ranged, in fact, Hunter's have range issues on this due to his hitbox being quite large.
    Omnotron - You can fuck other people with the Electro debuff if you aren't fast enough.
    Maloriak - I see no problems here.
    Chimaeron - You may have to stop dps'ing depending on how far away from the boss everyone decides to stack.
    Atramedes - It might be a little harder for melee to avoid sound circles, but it's not that hard. You can't DPS in phase 2, which isn't that big of a deal because you should be focused on staying out of bad and running from lolasers.

Conclave of Wind - No disadvantage to being melee.
    Al'akir - You may have to move farther for a cyclone wall, but this could happen to ranged also.
    You Clearly never did any of these fights in heroic mode, cause while in normal mode they might be more melee friendly like the OP said on heroic mode 80% of them are anti-melee especially council.

Anyone else find it ridiculous how much people QQ in this xpack?
    In both Pve/Pvp.

* 80% of all people QQing are idiots
    * I suck at warriors so they're useless and I rolled a feral
    * They nerfed my Feral so I rolled DK
    * My new DK got a mobility nerf

But because range are doing alright for the first part of the whole expansion I'm going to hereby call it RANGECLYSM!
    /discuss
    Sayyyyyywhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

Quote Originally Posted by ddk View Post
    Geez, how long have you been playing? This game has ALWAYS been ranged friendly. It's part of the reason why ranged DPS is for pussies :P
    Yeah, being melee is never totally faceroll or anything, Skillmourne really was so challenging in Wrath PVP.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

No. Just no. Melee has it VERY easy in raiding. Most bosses the melee just tank and spanks while the ranged have to spread out, go left, then group up, stand on their heads, etc. 95% of the boss mechanics so far in cata melee can completely ignore or move ever so slightly to avoid.

Quote Originally Posted by Scaff666 View Post
    You Clearly never did any of these fights in heroic mode, cause while in normal mode they might be more melee friendly like the OP said on heroic mode 80% of them are anti-melee especially council.
    You're absolutely right, I haven't done heroic modes at all. I never specified that my post was regarding heroic modes either.

The OP also never specified difficulty, so the assumption is normal, since everyone starts with normal modes.

But thanks for clearing up information that I already knew.
    Mike Morheim: Rift is totally gonna fail
    Ghostcrawler: Yeah good thing we made healing harder!
    Metzen: Guys, what soul should I get to go with Paladin and Beastmaster?

Quote Originally Posted by Huntardohreally View Post
    Wrong
    Wrong
    Wrong
    True
    LOL you think ferals didn't get gimped, lets see now.....
    No longer immune to fear
    No longer able to break snares(well balance/resto can now which is kinda cool because they sooooo need to be able to move to heal/dps)
    Bleed dmg reduced
    Melee dmg increase(kinda pointless when you cant stay in melee range anymore)

i realize i used sarcasm but i think the absurdness of the situation gives reason for it

Aren't raid bosses supposed to be unfriendly? I thought that's why we were trying to kill them.

I have no problem being melee in this xpac.