Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    thank again to blizz to nerf hunters to shit I went from 1 on damage done on bosses to 10-5 in 25m and now I will go longer down keep going blizz keep screwing us over

2000 attack power to hawk? I hope thats not a typing error.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    These dungeon finder changes are inane. What is the point? Trying to protect the random bad pubbies? Trying to punish people for running in guild groups? Whatever happened to Blizzard SUPPORTING the idea of guilds working together more? Or is it simply that raids are for guilds now and dungeons are for non-guilded pubbies?

http://warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=178075 go see that video and tell me if aimed shot doesn't deserve a nerf

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pingagrande View Post
    http://warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=178075 go see that video and tell me if aimed shot doesn't deserve a nerf
    Read the comments:

Please note, this was done on a live server, versus a resilience-less mage reroll. (Don't we all love killing those?)
    So... yeah? Probably wouldn't hit as hard if the mage was a main and has some res gear.

Deleted
    So what? Reduce the 115k by 50%, it's still 60k, crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by pingagrande View Post
    The mage had no resil, and look at the guys buffs.
    Yeah.. no.

"While there was feedback from the PTR on what is broken, overpowered, underpowered, etc. there simply wasn't enough data and real world proof for us to make changes"

Why do you need data? Do you not play the game?

Get real beta testers. People in wow pay to beta test while a beta tester on the ps3 gets 20-35$ and hour. Keep using little kids who hide their uber spec for live and you will continue to get these kind of results

Quote Originally Posted by Cracken56 View Post
    So what? Reduce the 115k by 50%, it's still 60k, crazy.
    Check his buffs.

I think it was 100% weapon damage and a lot less RAP*%. 50% more weapon damage doesn't take a 5k-10k hit 15k-20k crit noodle shot to a +23k hit +60k crit truck shot.
    As I couldn't remember all the changes made to Aimed shot since 4.0, I took the 150% value from latest patch notes, seems like those are not reasonable place to look for info :<
    Last edited by ilo; 2011-02-19 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    Yes I'm sure a poor wow clone is perfectly balanced.
    Normally I wouldn't post about rift in this, but since you want to be derogatory I will. Right now out of every soul combination there is only 2 that are considered by the community to not be balanced. Guess what, the devs answered within ONE day and actually listened to the community about how to fix it. Not just the qqers, but the people that play those souls too. When my gf insisted I try RIFT I was really skeptical. I went in expecting to hate it, now we have both preordered. The way they interact with the community reminds me of how Blizz used to be before they got to the point where they didn't care about competition.

I would rather have a game that isn't as crowded, where the devs feel like they have to earn their numbers, over a game that is number 1 but most of the people aren't happy. Where's my proof people aren't happy? Log into the game and ask some of them.

So let's not bring rift up in these channels. The game is great, the events are awesome, but still it's inappropriate to talk about it in this forum. The only reason I did was to properly inform someone that is not informed.

When players queue as a group with a tank or a healer, and the tank or healer drops group (or is kicked) within the first 5 minutes, all of the other players who queued with them are removed from the group as well.
    Is it already in action? Cuz I'm just coming out of a random, tank left within seconds, and the dps with him STAYED in... so... what the?

Clarification and clarifications

[QUOTE=Wulfmanjack;10497669]QQ more, maybe we can see a round of fixes today, and tomorrow, and the next day and the next. Bliz devs are f****d.[/QUOTE

Testing changes on 1-2 million and seeing 11 million people, who some of are quite smart, are two very different things.

Also, like the blue said, "qq when they don't change and qq when they do." They arre trying and listening. Not an easy task to please so many people.

Also, so the priest changes are that disc get more mana back and holy cant shield spam, but the amount of mana spent is still 33% of base mana? Or did they revert the mana cost and still gave disc more mana back?

Quote Originally Posted by Nephyron View Post
    ??? was it sarcasm ? I can't find the part where they help ele
    Sory, yes it was sarcasm.

I keep watching for an Ele fix so I can come back and play WoW again.

[QUOTE=Azthun;10504177]
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulfmanjack View Post
    QQ more, maybe we can see a round of fixes today, and tomorrow, and the next day and the next. Bliz devs are f****d.[/QUOTE

Testing changes on 1-2 million and seeing 11 million people, who some of are quite smart, are two very different things.

Also, like the blue said, "qq when they don't change and qq when they do." They arre trying and listening. Not an easy task to please so many people.

Also, so the priest changes are that disc get more mana back and holy cant shield spam, but the amount of mana spent is still 33% of base mana? Or did they revert the mana cost and still gave disc more mana back?
    Back in the glory days, Blizzard didn't do what was best for the masses of grass chewing casual sheep that infested this terrible game. They did what was best fore the game, to make it an awesome experience. Now, anybody has any tiny qq, Blizzard jumps and fixes something. Which in turn creates more tears. Well, they they jump higher and fix something else to please that group! That change in turn creates a lake full of tears. Well hey, lets just spam those hotfixes, we'll get it right eventually!

Honestly, it's a joke.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think it just feels sloppy having so many hotfixes. It's like with Death Advance. Anyone could have told them that was going to be OP, and it was, and they hotfixed it in like 2 seconds. But why even release it then? That certainly felt like they were using the live realms as a labratory...like they said "let's just release it and see what happens." They address that in the post, but they're not even saying they messed up...they're trying to claim that a lot of thought did go into it...riiiiiiggggghhhhtttt...and I'm sure you guys put a lot of thought into TB too.

Now I'm not a DK, my class didn't even get buffed or nerfed by any hotfixes, but I have in the past and it's always made me wonder how a top-tier dev team has so little foresight.

Quote Originally Posted by unkn0wnerr0r View Post
    Normally I wouldn't post about rift in this, but since you want to be derogatory I will. Right now out of every soul combination there is only 2 that are considered by the community to not be balanced. Guess what, the devs answered within ONE day and actually listened to the community about how to fix it. Not just the qqers, but the people that play those souls too. When my gf insisted I try RIFT I was really skeptical. I went in expecting to hate it, now we have both preordered. The way they interact with the community reminds me of how Blizz used to be before they got to the point where they didn't care about competition.
    This is exactly it. Blizzard "USED" to care about the game and it's gamers. Now they do stuff on a whim, whenever they feel like it, without listening to what's actually going on. Trion actually DID listen to the people saying "x" is OP, so they went by what the "x" players were saying how to balance them and guess what, things balanced out nicely thus far. The problem is it's not the main directors on WoW right now. They all basically moved onto Titan, or their main focus is on Titan, thus why WoW has been heavily degrading over the past recent years. It's painful to see my most played game of all time to fall into oblivion due to egotistical yet lazy devs, so much of my spare time put into it. I wanted to see WoW go down in a blaze of glory, instead it's walking the plank with it's pants down.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Light of Dawn no longer heals targets outside the paladin's party or raid. It correctly heals up to 5 targets in the paladin's raid."

FINALLY. Was getting tired of people griefing by using it to make the screen flash all shiny.

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    These dungeon finder changes are inane. What is the point? Trying to protect the random bad pubbies? Trying to punish people for running in guild groups? Whatever happened to Blizzard SUPPORTING the idea of guilds working together more? Or is it simply that raids are for guilds now and dungeons are for non-guilded pubbies?
    They're trying to stop griefers.
    Last edited by Melilithia; 2011-02-20 at 03:16 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Lazoric View Post
    OMG

So many clueless people here.

When the game gets as big as WoW is now, of course balance and debugging is going to be alot harder. There still probably alot of old code that has caused a mess of things when converting for cata.

I think most here just like to see themselves post and dont know anything.
    One thing to remember though, is blizzard has spread out there staff quite a bit over the past couple of years. with SC2, D3 , Project Titan. And WoW. Blizzard has said it over and over again they have a small staff, and when its spread this thin, WoW is just going to get punched full of holes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazoric View Post
    OMG

So many clueless people here.

When the game gets as big as WoW is now, of course balance and debugging is going to be alot harder. There still probably alot of old code that has caused a mess of things when converting for cata.

I think most here just like to see themselves post and dont know anything.

And why should people care about the reason why the game is turning into shit? It's not my problem but Blizzards.
    If they really have problems they could've easily delayed Cataclysm, and pushed it into spring 2011 release (about now) and ironed out more of the major problems and balanced the game a bit more.

I just want to play the game which I'm paying for, I don't want to listen to them make excuses why this, this and this wasn't fixed when it should have been. They've made a mistake cool, no problem, but they are not learning, they are making same stupid mistakes over and over again and then try to feed us some text that they think will sooth the paying customer. I don't like where this is going. Ever since Ghostcrawler took over the reins, the game is going downwards - I'm not saying he's the one to put the blame on but probably a lot of stuff changed when he took over and it changed for the worse.

The game was never so out of balance as it is right now.

Not to mention that they cut 50% of interesting stuff out of the game that they promised (Guild Talent Trees, Path of Titans, etc.)

---------- Post added 2011-02-20 at 05:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Biggiej View Post
    One thing to remember though, is blizzard has spread out there staff quite a bit over the past couple of years. with SC2, D3 , Project Titan. And WoW. Blizzard has said it over and over again they have a small staff, and when its spread this thin, WoW is just going to get punched full of holes.
    They have ~4600 employees, I don't care if 2000 of those are marketing, secretaries, cup holders or Game Masters, 4600 people is not a small team. If we can get perfect games by developers who employ only 15 people why don't we get a properly balanced, fixed, game with the mass blizzard has. If they dedicate 100 people to WoW it's more as they need, but I bet they have more as 100 working on it so... It's in no way a small team, they've just lost touch with their game.

I mean, they've done it in the past, they just started drifting recently and it's noticed by everyone, and customer dissatisfaction is obviously their new important bug to fix.
    Last edited by F-Minus; 2011-02-20 at 04:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by F-Minus;10505848

The game was never so out of balance as it is right now.
    ---------- Post added 2011-02-20 at 05:38 AM ----------

[SIZE=1
    ---------- Post added 2011-02-20 at 05:38 AM ----------[/SIZE]

When's the last time you got WINDFURYOWNED but a shaman using a 2-hander? Or getting demolished (And i mean tears rolling down your face, "what did I do to deserve this?") by a warrior or lock in AB?

This thread just goes to show you how people with the lousiest and least well thought out opinions use internet forums to find other small-minded folk to agree with.

Please tell me the "+2000 ap to AoH" is a joke, that's basically like nerfing aimed shot then rebuffing it along with all of a hunters other abilities...... who's ready for the AS+Arcane Shot+Arcane Shot powerskill combo? I sure am.

The day they stop avidly paying attention to their game and balancing it is the day I stop playing. To put it simply, it's the maintenance and attention to the small problems that keep a car running to 300k+ miles on a single engine, not just taking it in for an oil change ever 5k miles. I can't state this enough, but Blizzard has the money to keep some of the best talent in the world employed with them, and it seems they do a good job of checking their egos and FIXING the game, whether that be changing a long standing mechanic (power-shifting) or nerfing the ludicrous mobility of a class with the ability to our stun and out damage a rogue.

As for Rift.... blatant WoW ripoff with a few Hat-tricks thrown in to make it look different. I understand that all MMOs share some commonalities, but this Rift feels like what Blizzard would make WoW2 play like.
    Last edited by pepizaraus; 2011-02-20 at 11:42 AM.

Pepizaur: "Who are you to judge?"
    Brinsley: "Well I'm a paladin, I judge things all the time"