Thread: Back to SV?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    BM scares me because I don't like relying on my pet to do my DPS.. I dislike BM the most of the three.

Let's just hope that Blizzard doesn't fix the scaling thing with aimed shot and AP for a while.. I was messing around and buffed myself with 800ap Aoth and got about 5k increase on damage just from that. So even if it's lowered to 160% we should still be hitting for 40k and still be hard casting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by catbeef View Post
    You must have missed the Icecrown raids where we only spamming Arcane Shot as MM due to Chimera being.. well, twice as much focus and twice as less damage.
    Yeah, I remember the amount of facerolling I did to that poor Arcane Shot button. It nearly wore out.

I'm done with MM, too clunky, and feels bad.

Survival is my new AoE spec, and my BM is the utility dps spec.

Quote Originally Posted by redsunrising15 View Post
    I'm done with MM, too clunky, and feels bad.

Survival is my new AoE spec, and my BM is the utility dps spec.
    I don't see how you can say that when your sig is this....
    "I know your $14.99 entitles you to play the game your way, but the rest of the raid's $359.76 says know your role." ~ WoWhead

BM fanboys need to realize they're not the best DPS spec, regardless of the aimed shot 'nerf'. aimed shot still does great damage and MM benefited from the hawk buff just as much as BM did.

it's still MM Aimed > MM Arcane > BM > Surv. and i honestly have surv hunters in our guild beating BM hunters so i question BM being the worst.
    moderators removed my signature picture because they can't get Glad like me.

Haters Gonna Hate

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    BM fanboys need to realize they're not the best DPS spec, regardless of the aimed shot 'nerf'. aimed shot still does great damage and MM benefited from the hawk buff just as much as BM did.

it's still MM Aimed > MM Arcane > BM > Surv. and i honestly have surv hunters in our guild beating BM hunters so i question BM being the worst.
    How do you know this if it's not even implemented? There is a bug with the scaling on aimed with attack power. How do you know this isn't part of the fix?

Because the amount they're reducing is greater than what it was before they changed it at all, making it still better.
    moderators removed my signature picture because they can't get Glad like me.

Haters Gonna Hate

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

I refer you to the thread in my signature regarding arguing with other hunters. "Fanboys" ? you are as much a fanboy as they are regarding your spec. You are in no position to smack a fellow hunter down because he or she prefers a spec.

We are all hunters, and hopefully if DPS is similar across specs now, there will be no reason to put down anyone (not that there ever was) for choosing a playstyle they enjoy.

Unless you're min/maxing for a heroic raid, I don't see why you can't be any spec you desire.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huntera View Post
    I don't see how you can say that when your sig is this....
    Our role is damage and to a lesser extent additional enemy control. All three specs are viable damage (survival is the only one with viable AOE), and survival offers added control through a short AOE root, increased trap duration and shortened trap cooldowns. Saying that one should play an overpowered spec over a balanced spec is something akin to asking that player to 'carry' the rest of the team. Choices like these should be up to the players themselves, especially in the case of Marksmanship where playing it feels like you're driving a car with square wheels and a steering wheel made out of styrofoam (the cheap kind that breaks far too easily)(and is REALLY squeaky).
    Last edited by mmoc8e35e9fe46; 2011-02-20 at 02:05 AM.

If im not mistaken, BM actually gets 25% increase in atk power.
    So BM hunters will get an additional, 0.25*2000*1.3= 650 atk power

PS: It seems way too early to be saying which is the best atm, but I fear MM still is.

Because the amount they're reducing is greater than what it was before they changed it at all, making it still better.
    But "better" enough to be hard cast. It's basically going to be losing about 20% of the damage it's doing now. Arcane shot meanwhile gets about a 1k-1.5k buff on crit damage based on about an 1100AP increase on hawk. Eh... I guess we will see.

---------- Post added 2011-02-19 at 06:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by morbidjbyrd View Post
    If im not mistaken, BM actually gets 25% increase in atk power.
    So BM hunters will get an additional, 0.25*2000*1.3= 650 atk power

PS: It seems way too early to be saying which is the best atm, but I fear MM still is.
    I think it's only about 1100AP that we will actually gain. I think Blizz means that AOTH will give us 2000ap total from the 900ap (talented) that it gives now.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm getting SO tired of reading 'This is going to happen', or 'that is going to happen'. None of you can back up anything you say, because it hasn't gone live yet.

Stop speculating about what Blizzard is, or will do, until it actually happens. Until then, you're just talking out of your ass.
    Remember: Ignorance can be corrected with a little instruction.
    But, Stupid is forever.

Quote Originally Posted by pyropete View Post

I think it's only about 1100AP that we will actually gain. I think Blizz means that AOTH will give us 2000ap total from the 900ap (talented) that it gives now.
    How are you subtracting?
    "# Aspect of the Hawk now provides around an additional 2000 attack power at level 85."

That wording means that it will provide, 2000 + current value (637?) for a total of 2637.
    Of course that sounds like a bit much to me, so I assumed it was more bad wording from devs and that it was a flat 2000 instead.

But if it is 2637, instead of 2000, then BM yields 857 more atk power from the change.

Pre-hotfix: MM-aimed >> MM-arcane > BM > SV

MM-arcane got buffed at least as much as SV by the change. BM got a slightly larger buff, but MM-arcane was 1-2k DPS ahead of BM. An extra ~650 AP isn't going to bridge that gap for BM. SV will still be behind both MM and BM.

AOE fights are a different matter entirely.

The changes to Aimed Shot and Aspect of the Hawk announced yesterday have not yet been applied to live realms and should not go into effect until after the holiday weekend.

so shaddup already

Quote Originally Posted by Lilyana View Post
    I refer you to the thread in my signature regarding arguing with other hunters. "Fanboys" ? you are as much a fanboy as they are regarding your spec. You are in no position to smack a fellow hunter down because he or she prefers a spec.

We are all hunters, and hopefully if DPS is similar across specs now, there will be no reason to put down anyone (not that there ever was) for choosing a playstyle they enjoy.

Unless you're min/maxing for a heroic raid, I don't see why you can't be any spec you desire.
    This.

Everyone should just play the spec that they want to play. Each spec does respectable dps now, it is not like any spec is horrible and doing like 11k dps. In BiS heroic gear, there is only like 4k dps difference across all specs. Each of our specs can bring dps to the table and supply the raid with buffs if needed. This AotH buff increase hunter dps across the board, which is even more reason we should just play the spec we enjoy. It is not even like we are bottom of the barrel deeps. There are other classes, regardless of our spec, that are doing less dps.

If you are that concerned with min/maxing and doing the most deeps, level all classes to 85 and change them with each hotfix/patch. As it stands now, the balance between our specs is decent enough, the patch and these hotfixes did good enough.

Hopefully more balance in the future, AotH needs to scale, IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Before this MM nerf BM was ahead of survival and now with the buff to AotH and Animal Handler (15% increased AP) BM should be even higher than Survival and possibly higher than MM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackarthas View Post
    Before this MM nerf BM was ahead of survival and now with the buff to AotH and Animal Handler (15% increased AP) BM should be even higher than Survival and possibly higher than MM.
    This^

Even Kripp came on these forums and defended the spec, so I'm gonna side with that. The general consensus is that BM outperforms marks after 80% boss health. Generally the first 20% of a boss isn't really that important. If anything, burn phases is where you want to be maxing your damage, and BM does a better job than marks in that department.

Quote Originally Posted by morbidjbyrd View Post
    How are you subtracting?
    "# Aspect of the Hawk now provides around an additional 2000 attack power at level 85."

That wording means that it will provide, 2000 + current value (637?) for a total of 2637.
    Of course that sounds like a bit much to me, so I assumed it was more bad wording from devs and that it was a flat 2000 instead.

But if it is 2637, instead of 2000, then BM yields 857 more atk power from the change.
    Was just saying 1100 more AP than it already adds now.. (with talents)

Which turns out not to really be that game breaking. I can't see Bliz giving us 2000 MORE AP. I just think they are describing what AOTH will give us when the hotfix goes live.. Which is "about 2000".

10+ Year Old Account
    For all of those heralding the rise of BM, although it's a completely valid spec, many boss fights don't lend themselves to heavy pet use, we're better off as a class with a higher dps alternative.