Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MiseriaScH View Post
    Clearly you have never worked in a restaurant/kitchen before.

How about you stick your hands under hot water+low costing dishwashing detergent for several hours a day, for a week without gloves and let me know how well your hands 'manned up'.
    So, you disagree with him that working that hard will "man up" your hands? You are saying that after all that work, his hands should be soft like a baby's bottom? I don't get it...

---------- Post added 2011-03-09 at 06:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zamfix View Post
    I bet you're down with slave labor too.
    I bet you don't understand what slavery is.

There are 2 answers to all of your job woes, no matter what they are.

Go get another job.

Or, go to school, and then get another job.

Don't whine bitch and moan about your situation when there are for damn sure ways you yourself can improve it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akhorahil View Post
    Yeah, let his body 'man up' from not having any toilet break at all for 6,5 hours, no drinking or eating anything for 6,5 hours, with constant working. Actually, go let YOUR body do that for one day aswell, then come back here and say 'man up'.
    You do know that he can get a different job if he doesn't like it? If the only job he can get is washing dishes, to the point he was exited to get it, he should have manned up a while ago. I did similar work when I was 14...

ITT: People who apparently believe jobs are tossed after everyone. 'Tis not that easy.

@OP: Your job sucks balls, but if you want to get your working conditions improved without getting fired you'll just have to go to a 3rd party that has the power to tell them to improve or shut down business.

Everyone has to start somewhere i guess.
    At least at the next job you apply for, if they hear what you kept working through, its a positive to show you are a worker and dont give up on things.
    Stick it out and browse around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Boy, that sure does sound super hard.
    dont forget once he leaves the military everyone will be throwing free money at him left and right from different jobs because he has "military training" probably some kid with a GED and had no other choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    ITT: People who apparently believe jobs are tossed after everyone. 'Tis not that easy.

@OP: Your job sucks balls, but if you want to get your working conditions improved without getting fired you'll just have to go to a 3rd party that has the power to tell them to improve or shut down business.
    Everyone living in civilized countries has the ability to improve their situation. It is only a question of how badly they want to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dutchie here as well, and I recommend the OP to contact the ARBO guys if its really as bad as he makes it seem, and if you are being paid legally. What they are doing is wrong, and illegal.

If, however, you work there without a contract, and being paid in cash without paying any taxes, you're SOL.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    After reading this thread I feel insanely compelled to finish school now.. Yikes.

Satyr696
    I'm not sure where you are located, but I do admire how articulate you are and reckon that you must have options and / or that you will soon make them for yourself.
    Rather than get into an argument with someone, as it seems that a few people on here are looking for one, I've sent you a direct message. Check yours and feel free to respond as / when you can.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sizzlinsauce View Post
    dont forget once he leaves the military everyone will be throwing free money at him left and right from different jobs because he has "military training" probably some kid with a GED and had no other choice.
    I am a United States Marine, please for the love of god don't make it sound like the military as a joke. That "training" is probably something you will never be able to do, people will offer them jobs because they earned it. Sacrificing so much for their country and themselves. Besides they had the balls to sign, not you. So yeah please don't ever disrespect military life, you never done it and I can tell you one thing. It's stressful.

Quote Originally Posted by Durotar Thug View Post
    I am a United States Marine, please for the love of god don't make it sound like the military as a joke. That "training" is probably something you will never be able to do, people will offer them jobs because they earned it. Sacrificing so much for their country and themselves. Besides they had the balls to sign, not you. So yeah please don't ever disrespect military life, you never done it and I can tell you one thing. It's stressful.
    I'm not bashing the military at all, I have a lot of respect for folks in the military.

Let's be honest though, a hell of a lot of people make it through that training. It is an accomplishment, but not something deserving of great accolades or praise in and of itself.

I get to work by 10:30. It's later than the norm but I like my sleep. I make myself some coffee and read my work email and some RSS feeds. After 30 mins of fucking around, it's time to do some work. At lunch I drink my 4th coffee of the day and eat. After that I fuck around some more and watch youtube videos. I work some more and soon it's time to go home. If I'm working on a boring project, replace work with more fucking around.

Reading the OP makes me feel sad for him/her and really appreciate my work. Tomorrow I'm gonna wreck the place with productivity! Or perhaps it's just wishful thinking like most of the time. -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durotar Thug View Post
    Maybe you should tell that to the military guy who said he spends his whole day at work playing WoW and Rift. The comment you are responding to is not a generalized response to all military, but the one guy who said that all he does is play video games while being in the military. Now, you claim it's hard work and he claims it's nothing but video games. Sounds like you two need to sort it out, not go off on people who are responding to his claims.

In fact, I would like to see you break down his description of his day in military with yours. Maybe we can see where he is mistaken or plain lying. That might help people see how much work you guys do and that the goof off who posted this is an anomaly.
    Last edited by Felya; 2011-03-09 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraza View Post
    I get to work by 10:30. It's later than the norm but I like my sleep. I make myself some coffee and read my work email and some RSS feeds. After 30 mins of fucking around, it's time to do some work. At lunch I drink my 4th coffee of the day and eat. After that I fuck around some more and watch youtube videos. I work some more and soon it's time to go home. If I'm working on a boring project, replace work with more fucking around.

Reading the OP makes me feel sad for him/her and really appreciate my work. Tomorrow I'm gonna wreck the place with productivity! Or perhaps it's just wishful thinking like most of the time. -.-
    Don't.

Feel better that you worked and earned the position you have. Pity is a cancer on society, it only reinforces bad behavior.

If more people subscribed at least somewhat to objectivism, the world would be a better place.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marverick66 View Post
    The OP said he lives in Belgium/Netherlands, well thats also my country...

He is either trolling or an illegal immigrant that has no clue how a contract works. He is probably not even working legally.
    5 euro/h ? Come on lol, minimum wager for students is 7 euro if your 16. If your 18 its 8 euro. If your an official worker I doubt you get under 10.

Besides, horeca is the sector that has the best wages, I doubt he has under 15 euro/h if he has that job.
    Are you serious? I get paid 5 euros/hour. What city do you live/work in? And yes, I do pay taxes, so I guess it's pretty damn legit. I'm in no way illegal in this country: my family has been living in the Netherlands for at least 7 generations. Didn't trace it back much further though, but we're as Dutch as can be.

Quote Originally Posted by Akhorahil View Post
    Yeah, let his body 'man up' from not having any toilet break at all for 6,5 hours, no drinking or eating anything for 6,5 hours, with constant working. Actually, go let YOUR body do that for one day aswell, then come back here and say 'man up'.
    Very well put

Quote Originally Posted by jlrm365 View Post
    Satyr696
    I'm not sure where you are located, but I do admire how articulate you are and reckon that you must have options and / or that you will soon make them for yourself.
    Rather than get into an argument with someone, as it seems that a few people on here are looking for one, I've sent you a direct message. Check yours and feel free to respond as / when you can.
    I'll check it in a bit, thanks!

---------- Post added 2011-03-09 at 11:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Teffi View Post
    Don't.

Feel better that you worked and earned the position you have. Pity is a cancer on society, it only reinforces bad behavior.

If more people subscribed at least somewhat to objectivism, the world would be a better place.
    So... if I get it right you want him/her to NOT be happy with his job?
    And why would pity be a cancer on society as you put it? We're all born with a heart that's able to love, what happened to yours? A fridge is not a place to store something as important as that, it's for storing drinks!

Also, I'll take a look at this ARBO thing to see if I'm getting screwed over more than I already thought!
    Last edited by mmocfe24ce993b; 2011-03-09 at 10:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hraklea View Post
    If that's the only job you can get, that's your problem - not your boss' -, I'm sorry. Why would your boss give you a break if you work without breaks? To be "a good person"? Sadly, charity doesn't happen as often as we wish. I think you should look other job rather than wait your boss to give you gloves.

And I know, I'm a capitalist, and I'm an ass. I can deal with that.
    wut .
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ailideath View Post
    I doubt that's American with the way the times are written...0815 would be American military
    0815 would be any military tbh, although if he does that all day while on the base then im not surprised he doesn't use military time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    So, you disagree with him that working that hard will "man up" your hands? You are saying that after all that work, his hands should be soft like a baby's bottom? I don't get it...
    While you weren't referring to me, the point I was trying to make was where did the OP say he had "baby hands"? He said it was his first job, that doesn't mean he didn't grow up on a farm helping his father, or maybe he did a lot of yard work as a child? Nowhere is there any indication that the OP hasn't worked a day in his life (and I don't mean a paid job, I mean work).
    Quote Originally Posted by BattlemasterSkarab View Post
    GOD's ARMAGEDDON and DOOM'S DAY!!!!!!.... Imagine that...
    4 apocalyptic horsemen
    Sky turned red
    Sun turned black
    All WoW servers down

Quote Originally Posted by Teffi View Post
    I'm not bashing the military at all, I have a lot of respect for folks in the military.

Let's be honest though, a hell of a lot of people make it through that training. It is an accomplishment, but not something deserving of great accolades or praise in and of itself.
    What type of military training is "deserving of great accolades or praise" then? The Marines? The Green Berets? The navy Seals? The paratroopers?

---------- Post added 2011-03-09 at 11:19 PM ----------

To the OP.
    Chris Rock knows your pain. He dropped out of highscholl in the tenth grade and became a "shrimp scrapper" at a red lobster. this is his bit on that job and the difference between a job and a career: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypar-aVN_lo

Heres his bit on the BS that is the 30 minute lunch break: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Gk8z...eature=related
    Last edited by Defengar; 2011-03-10 at 05:20 AM.