Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

I need a new game similar to Wow

Except one where the endgame isn't focused on raiding with groups. In fact, I think I need to steer away from MMOs altogether.

Not cause I don't love them, but because I don't have time for them anymore.

And now to the point of this thread:

Please name off some awesome video games to play, preferably for the PC, that are similar to Wow minus the MMO aspect.

Please and thanks
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

What do you mean similar to wow?

15+ Year Old Account
    Wait for GW2 if you would like an MMO where you can play casually, and still have fun, and do pretty much everything you want.

Otherwise, pick up a good FPS or RTS. Almost any will do really.

The Witcher is a nice game as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    So you're just looking for an RPG. Guild Wars isn't focused on end-game "raiding", it's more small groups / solo. Oblivion is also quite good
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

So you want a singleplayer rpg with levels and loot?

Deleted
    Just to reiterate for the OP. He was looking for NON mmos, just RPGs similar to WoWs play style.

I am interested to see what people suggest also, I know there are many RPGs games out there that go unnoticed or receive little attention for whatever reason.

So a RPG? Knights of the Old Republic( pretty old now, but one of the best games of all time), Dragon Age Origins, Witcher, etc. Then there are the JRPGs, which I personally don't play much of, but I know there are a few with good ratings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay lemme be more specific.

I love the third person view, I love the RPG style gameplay, I like having an inventory and stats. I used to play Diablo and D2 until I started playing Wow.

For console systems, I played all the FInal Fantasy stuff, loved Chronotrigger, loved Symphony of the Night, and other RPG style games.

So yeah, an RPG minus the MMO aspect
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

So you basically want a Diablo Clone? The genre is known as "hack n slash RPG"

Diablo series
    Titan Quest series
    Torchlight

all great games "similar to wow but w/o the MMO"..

10+ Year Old Account
    If you like Star Wars, then Knights of the Old Republic(play the first one first before The Sith Lords, it's a bit old but a great game), then there's Oblivion, good game, little bland, lots of mods to improve it. Dragon Age: Origins/Awakening and now Dragon Age 2, good games, have some issue but what doesn't. I dunno, there's a lot of good RPGs out there. Sims Medieval is addictively fun, combines traditional The Sims gameplay and an interesting RPG feel.

If you like futuristic stuff and guns, Mass Effect 1 and 2. There's also Borderlands, which has LAN co-op which makes the game crazy fun.

There's a lot of options, personally I go for Oblivion and Dragon Age: Origins for my high fantasy games and Mass Effect for my sci-fi RPGs.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Basically, the idea is a new game, similar to Wow in some aspects, that is less time consuming

Mass Effect 1 and 2 got really good reviews.. it's wayyy too much dialog for me personally but a lot of people like it. Borderlands is good WoWish FPS style
    Also Dragon Age 1 and 2

15+ Year Old Account
    Could try Dungeon Siege, I found them pretty fun with friends
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Have you tried DCUO? It's a great game, much fun, it's an MMO but it's more relaxed and you can usually find people in the missions and such at about any time with their version of the LFG. It's more casual and solo friendly, but you get much more intense game play because movement and dodging and such is actually important in the game and the amount of controls and options are just downright awesome. You can completely customize your characters appearance with any pieces of armor you've ever had at one time or another and you get to select from the full color spectrum when it comes to how you want your armor to look. The options are just unreal. There are raids and such for end-game, but there are also a lot of solo challenge missions and duo missions (again with an LFG option) that you can use to gear up. Yes, it still has raids, but they aren't the utmost focal point in the game the way they are in WoW. The only real downside is the PvP still needs a bit of work... but if that's not your primary focus then DCUO is really worth it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by abovebeyond View Post
    So you basically want a Diablo Clone? The genre is known as "hack n slash RPG"

Diablo series
    Titan Quest series
    Torchlight

all great games "similar to wow but w/o the MMO"..

Torchlight 2 with co-op will be great fun

Deleted
    Mythos is coming out this month. It's like a Diablo-MMO but f2p.

you could wait for Diablo 3.
    if you dont wanna, i hear Dragon Age should be quite cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's the D3 release date again?

Stood in the Fire chase_the_mofo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Diablo 2:Lord of Destruction
    From all things I've lost I miss my mind the most.

10+ Year Old Account
    Try Elder Scroll: Morrowind, and Elder Scroll Oblivion great games.