Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuldrad View Post
    Help me with the math here;

7x random heroics per week at 70 VPs each = 490 valor points per week.

7x random troll heroics per week at 140 VPs each = 980 valor points per week.

Thats a total of 1470 valor voints per week for doing randoms. The cap is 1250, so you can only get 1250. But Blue is saying the max you can get from randoms is 980? Doesn't add up for me.
    You can either just spam the Troll heroics to reach your soft cap of 980 or you can do a mixture of Random heroics and Troll heroics to hit your soft cap of 980. 1250 is a hard cap. You can only gain a max of 980 per week from Hroics af of 4.1 so to cap your VP you would also need to down enough Raiding content (270 points worth) to reach 1250.

Quote Originally Posted by angelx7x View Post
    logic maybe? if they make t11 available for justice, what do you have to spend valor on? nothing, because we havent entered a new raid tier yet
    Sorry mate.. I read wrong. I thought you said that when T12 comes out, T11 will still only be available for VP. Nvm me then :P

Thats a total of 1470 valor voints per week for doing randoms. The cap is 1250, so you can only get 1250. But Blue is saying the max you can get from randoms is 980? Doesn't add up for me.
    you only get VP for the first 7 heroics of any tier you do, so you can do say 3 "tier 1" heroics and then 4 "tier 2" heroics, and you're capped at VP for the week, at least that's how i understand the wording on the dungeon finder

Signature by Kenz

The Weekly TOTAL valor cap from any source is 1250.

The TOTAL valor that can be earned from RANDOM HEROICS of any kind is 980, so 6 troll heroics and 2 regular heroics, or 4 troll heroics and 6 regular heroics, or pretty much any combination in between.

frost dk runes still broken on ptr - though they work in instances supposedly - but yeah, go ahead release the patch lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Many View Post
    I wonder if "Call to Arms" will change something (in long period).

I dont understand one thing, why is third spec so hard to implement? But cross realm heirlooms are here.... Ou I get it! WoW is only about makings alts....

Perma stealth ergh, personally dont care.

Mount is nice. But I dont buy it
    well, it seems you don't understand more than just one thing. those aren't cross realm heirlooms.

You get Valor Points for the first 7 random heroics per week. It doesn't matter which tier, original heroics or troll heroics. you can do any combination of those up to 7 times.

4 normal heroics and 3 troll, that would be you seven weekly and would net you 700 Valor. Or all 7 troll would be the max per week. 7 original heroic would be half that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can anyone explain the amount of cap we have for everything?
    Raids: each boss once a week.
    Valor points: you can get more from new heroics, but still, there's a cap.

Why so much restriction? If I have to time to do a 25man during the week and 10m during the weekend, why can't I? I have alts for fun, but I really don't care about gearing them, why am I forced to play them if I want to raid more than once a week? I get it that some guilds had trouble with getting 25 people for raiding, but the way it is now, if I, for example, pug a raid and we don't complete, players can get more screwed than before. Or if my guild does a 25m and doesn't complete and can't get 25 for the next day, getting 2x 10 and having to pug people, is even worse.

If I have time to get VP in a week to gear my char, who cares? Is that to keep players from gearing fast, getting bored and stop subscribing?

Deleted
    I wish nobody ever talked about rare spawn mounts on the front page of very popular websites.

Deleted
    Why no Dungeon call to arms reward for DPS classes?...

There is not a restriction on that from what I have read. But when is there ever a shortage of end game heroic DPS? My understanding is that it is for whatever is in most demand at the time you queue...Do you really think that will ever be a DPS role? I don't think we will ever see that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Freese View Post
    I don't want to search for it. I want YOU to link the exact source you read it from so that I can analyze and interpret the exact same words that you read.

I can't wait for 4.1 and I'm glad that Firelands isn't out yet. My guild is only 8/13 on heroic mode content, so I would like to finish that before Firelands comes out.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulSams
    We have taken some of our most experienced developers and put them on this project. We believe we have a dream team. These are the people who made WoW a success. We are going to blow people’s minds
    http://venturebeat.com/2011/03/07/af...VentureBeat%29

Quote Originally Posted by FrankPierce
    "Deliberate" Talent Transfer To Project "Titan"

As Blizzard transferred its most veteran WoW developers to the new project Titan, other experienced WoW developers at the studio have taken the reins of the MMORPG over the last couple of years.
    http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/3...fore_Titan.php

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSams
    "I believe [it's] the most ambitious thing we've ever attempted," Sams said. "And I feel like we have set our company up to succeed on that. We have some of our most talented and most experienced developers on that team. Many of the people that built World of Warcraft are full time on that other team."
    http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/3...ont_Of_WoW.php

There you go. I'm done dealing with you oblivious sheeple already. The FACTS, the TRUTHS are staring you right in your Stockholm Syndrome faces. Quit acting like people are lying that the "A-team" is on Titan and we're left with the scraps for WoW. Blizzard themselves have stated as much. And the interesting thing is, when they started pulling people off the game is when it took a complete and total nosedive in quality. The proof is there kids. Take off the rose-tinted glasses.

Man, I'm an idiot, wasting the 5mins of my life it took me to find these quotes and articles. Now Freese, "man up" and accept your ownage.

Quote Originally Posted by Myah View Post
    If I have time to get VP in a week to gear my char, who cares?
    But VP isn't there as the main route for raiders to gear their characters, it's there as a consolation prize if you don't get drops. 'VP in a week to gear my char' is 10900 VP - that's 156 10-man bosses. Do you not think that you might get a better drop than the T11 on one of your slots before you reach that? Or, you could just get very lucky with the drops and gear yourself from head to toe on one round of the 12 bosses (I'm assuming this is Normal you're talking about, because why they hell would you even be bothered with VP if you're going after Heroic bosses, right?).

Quote Originally Posted by Myah View Post
    Is that to keep players from gearing fast, getting bored and stop subscribing?
    I'm confused - do you crave boredom?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiro View Post
    http://venturebeat.com/2011/03/07/af...VentureBeat%29

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/3...fore_Titan.php

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/3...ont_Of_WoW.php

There you go. I'm done dealing with you oblivious sheeple already. The FACTS, the TRUTHS are staring you right in your Stockholm Syndrome faces. Quit acting like people are lying that the "A-team" is on Titan and we're left with the scraps for WoW. Blizzard themselves have stated as much. And the interesting thing is, when they started pulling people off the game is when it took a complete and total nosedive in quality. The proof is there kids. Take off the rose-tinted glasses.

Man, I'm an idiot, wasting the 5mins of my life it took me to find these quotes and articles. Now Freese, "man up" and accept your ownage.
    This game is still currently better quality than it was in wrath not including ulduar, naxx was terrible, toc was too short, and icc was also terrible, and although i liked the mechanics of ruby sanctum, it was poorly timed

Signature by Kenz

Quote Originally Posted by DrgnDancer View Post
    Since I'm fairly sure the source is "out of his ass" I think we can all be glad he doesn't link the source. Just another person who "knows" how Blizzard operates internally, based on his flawless guess work. I've heard that companies regularly take away most of the development staff for a stable, popular, and extremely profitable product; then shuttle them over to unproved unannounced properties. It's an excellent business strategy.
    Here is one link

http://gamerant.com/blizzard-titan-w...ft-dyce-72249/

“I believe [it's] the most ambitious thing we’ve ever attempted… And I feel like we have set our company up to succeed on that. We have some of our most talented and most experienced developers on that team. Many of the people that built World of Warcraft are full time on that other team.

“We’ve spent a lot of time over the last number of years transitioning those people off [of World of Warcraft], and having great people below them that were trained up by them to run World of Warcraft… Those people have been doing it for the last couple of years without the assistance of those people that created it.

YEs - current crew is a team of interns. Their greatest design ? Archeology ? At least they didn't get Path of the Titans in.

Best buisness strategy is to take the sub money that ppl are paying you and put it into another game and stop all innovation on the game that ppl are paying sub for ? You sure sound like a stockholder in Act/Blizz rather than a true gamer that cares about character in an everevolving MMO.

Blizzard has no excuise to not put all their effort into improving WOW. Thats what ppl are paying them for with current subs and buying expansions. The last year and a half is showing that the innovative design work in WOW is simply not there... they dont bother. Thats not acceptable in a 12 million sub game.

Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    Here is one link

http://gamerant.com/blizzard-titan-w...ft-dyce-72249/

“I believe [it's] the most ambitious thing we’ve ever attempted… And I feel like we have set our company up to succeed on that. We have some of our most talented and most experienced developers on that team. Many of the people that built World of Warcraft are full time on that other team.

“We’ve spent a lot of time over the last number of years transitioning those people off [of World of Warcraft], and having great people below them that were trained up by them to run World of Warcraft… Those people have been doing it for the last couple of years without the assistance of those people that created it.

YEs - current crew is a team of interns. Their greatest design ? Archeology ? At least they didn't get Path of the Titans in.

Best buisness strategy is to take the sub money that ppl are paying you and put it into another game and stop all innovation on the game that ppl are paying sub for ? You sure sound like a stockholder in Act/Blizz rather than a true gamer that cares about character in an everevolving MMO.

Blizzard has no excuise to not put all their effort into improving WOW. Thats what ppl are paying them for with current subs and buying expansions. The last year and a half is showing that the innovative design work in WOW is simply not there... they dont bother. Thats not acceptable in a 12 million sub game.
    you missed a few of the key words there, i fixed it for you

Signature by Kenz

This game is still currently better quality than it was in wrath not including ulduar, naxx was terrible, toc was too short, and icc was also terrible, and although i liked the mechanics of ruby sanctum, it was poorly timed
    You do realise that the articles explain to you that the "interns" have been in charge from mid Wrath ? From toc and onwards... the stuff you talk off as beeing terrible...

i have 3 tanks this is gonna be sweet

Kiro, just checking, did you read those quotes before you posted them? They seem to add up to some (I'm not even seeing a "most") of the most experienced developers going to Titan, and the rest of the most experienced, together with other experienced WoW developers, sticking around. And yet your quote* earlier was "they were confident that despite key personnel moving on, the people left behind have been working on the game for a couple months and they're good enough". I'm not saying you're lying or anything, I'm just not sure how to reconcile these?

*you know, the one you pulled out of your ass.

you missed a few of the key words there, i fixed it for you
    Many of the people that built World of Warcraft are full time on that other team. Meaning they are on Titan team.

Gratz realising that just now.