Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Pally tanking and inquisition?

So do any of you paladin tanks actually use Inquisition in your rotation now that WoG has a cooldown?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ershiin View Post
    Oh.. My.. God..
    This is petty beyond belief.

Why dont we start complaining about how M&Ms should be color coded while we're at it?
    Or how it should be called a Burger with Cheese because Cheeseburger is misleading?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I dont use it in my rotation since threat is a non issue on the bosses my guild is on. I do use Inq + Wings when I pull a boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukus View Post
    So do any of you paladin tanks actually use Inquisition in your rotation now that WoG has a cooldown?
    I only use it on AoE pulls since every single one of our AoE abilities is Holy damage. I have to admit, I enjoy topping DPS, even though it's only in very specific situations.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I really only use it on initial boss pulls and aoe situations (ie Maloriak black phase)

I'll use it on the pull, pop DP and then Inq with wings, that's about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hadn't thought of it, but I suppose it wouldn't hurt. It's not like it would have hurt before, I just had better things to spend my Holy Power on.

Now you get HP from Crusader & Avenger's Shield progs, I often fill the 3 stacks in a few seconds. I'd be doing more damage than before, so fitting an INquisition in there would probably be a good idea.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Generally only use inquisition on AoE pulls: DP -> Wings -> 3 HP Inq -> HotR -> Cons -> Judge -> HotR -> HWrath -> HotR -> 3 hp Inq ... etc

Single target pulls for me is : DP -> Wings -> AVS -> Judgement -> 3 HP ShotR ...

You should not be using it as a part of your single target rotation (you can do it at the start if you really want to, but whatever). The 3 holy power is better used for just another slam.

Edit: You should obviously be chaining it for aoe tanking.
    Hide behind a little Bloodelf Paladin?!? Ridiculous! Make way for the Beef of Light! I will shield you, little ones, and should I fall, remember that I taste amazing with Mustard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Galith View Post
    You should not be using it as a part of your single target rotation (you can do it at the start if you really want to, but whatever). The 3 holy power is better used for just another slam.

Edit: You should obviously be chaining it for aoe tanking.
    Actually incorrect to say this. Used properly together Inquisition and SotR provides slightly superior threat

Theck said:
    "There's a slight gain to be had for the attentive tankadin by intelligently weaving SotR and Inq: (SotR if Sacred Duty or Inquisition active)>Inq>CS>AS>J is a gain of around 100 DPS at low hit."

From his threat analysis here: http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.c...593309#p593309

Sometimes I do it to give me something to focus on when tanking less interesting fights. It is of unquestionable benefit when AOE tanking, Single target it provides a benefit - albeit considerably less noticeable.

I use it if I want to just either get a major threat boost or smash something in the face for a crap load of damage.

Charge up 3 HP->Get judgement to enact next SoTR to be a crit -> Wings -> inquisition -> DP -> SoTR

Max crit thus far: 72k on Nefarian

i use it for aoe trash tanking. pulling 20-28k aoe dps in ZA/zg .

I use that and wings when I pull a boss for quick threat, Never other then that though.
    Kurogasa:"Bitch tried to steal my herb... So I typhooned his ass off a cliff"
    Gala:"Why can't he burn in heaven? There can be Holy Fire in Heaven"
    Garrosh Hellscream:"Shut your clever mouth, bitch."
    Terenas Menethil II:"At long last. No king rules forever, my son."
    Kenny:"I'm just waiting for a fire axe to hack through my door one day and see aulio on the other side goin "heeeeeeeeres johnny"
    StarFade:Are you actually serious? To quote every rapper:"How fucked-up is you?"

After 4.1 I have noticed some odd threat issues. I have a Warrior and Mage in my raid who is dumb and blows their load after 3 seconds into the fight.

I use Inquisition pretty often now, and never really have a problem. My threat is a lot better not.

Since 4.1 ive been using it for heay aoe situations.

10+ Year Old Account
    i use it for boss pulls and boss pulls only. Run in, pop wings, throw my shield, crusader strike, inq, divine plea, Shield of the Righteous. Then /afk, cuz i wont start to lose threat for about 5 minutes.
    "Come, face me! Give in to your Pride! Show me your Greatness!"

mfw every day | Nujabes - Horizon

u should realize, DP is on a 1min cd for a reason. blizz wants you to use it every minute. this helps everyone by using inqusition.

1.) helps the fury warrior where all of his shit jus procc'd and hes pulling 30k aoe dps instead of 10
    2) helps the lock that just went meta and is spamming hellfire
    and it helps anyone else with massive burst dps.

its perfect for trash mobs where you need to mass aoe, and bosses.

Deleted
    inquisition you need to refuel more than AOE, if at all

10+ Year Old Account
    i was talking to a guildie bout inquisition if it was worth using instead of shield of the righteous as shield doesnt do much dmg and she said it was for the holy shield block ability which inquisition procs aswell and using inq with consecration makes the holy dmg boost worth it

Talking

realy help full info but is sotr realy worth more than a constant dps boost. Cause far as I can see the dps is a bit more unless sotr has the same mechanics to where it has a high threat output.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kernera View Post
    realy help full info but is sotr realy worth more than a constant dps boost. Cause far as I can see the dps is a bit more unless sotr has the same mechanics to where it has a high threat output.
    SotR is more threat single target if you have sacred duty active. You can try to get your shield crits when inq is active which is a minor threat boost over just using sotr every time you get 3 holy power. On it's own Inq is less threat single target.

AOE wise Inq is unquestionably the only finisher worth using, WoG doesn't generate healing threat these days.