Poll: Call of Duty:MW3 or Battlefield 3?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Battlefield 3, by a long shot. I don't like playing gimped and inferior shooters designed for casual console fanboys and would rather play a superior and far more difficult shooter designed for a PC first.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well i guess about 70% of the people who say battlefield will be amazing will play the singleplayer and like it, then won't like the multiplayer. Where as most people will stick with CoD.

As for me i'll buy both and probs play MW3 multiplayer when i'm not playing other games.

Deleted

Harrow der MW3 and BF3

Quote Originally Posted by Solidmage View Post
    Well i guess about 70% of the people who say battlefield will be amazing will play the singleplayer and like it, then won't like the multiplayer. Where as most people will stick with CoD.

As for me i'll buy both and probs play MW3 multiplayer when i'm not playing other games.

^ this sounds a bit of fanboyism sorry if its not xD just sounds like it lol but BFBC2 did have amazing gameplay with the graphics and im not a fanboy at all i like both games but here is the but MW3 looks like MW2 but with a few extra map packs and a few weps nothing special i mean MW1 engine is used in MW2 and WaW engine is used in Black ops but they have a few extra things nothing much but there is also the bit where it looks like BF3 has a new engine,weps, sounds you know the rest and I remember when the video for BF3 came out on techspot many people there looked and checked that out and MW3 video and all they could say is that MW3 looks like MW2 with a few things and BF3 is like completely new stuff which is kinda true but i remember reading somewhere about if most people got told MW3 was a expansion to MW2 they would have believed them and tbh I want COD series to go where BF series is going which is
    creating new engine and content to make it fresh and not just a few textures etc

Yes sorry my spelling is quite bad and grammar don't hurt me please
    Last edited by mmoc9866eb071b; 2011-07-01 at 03:19 PM. Reason: I wanted to....

oh look, its this thread again

I am probably going to get them both. I have CoD MW2 and BFBC2. In all fairness i prefered CoD's storyline over battlefields. I really felt a connection with the characters in CoD and was a little upset when ghost got shot. With battlefield i just didn't feel for the characters in the same way.

Personally for me CoD delivers better single player gameplay with gorgeous and breathtaking battles and set pieces. Battlefield on the other hand has a much more superior multiplayer with the increased realism, amount of vehicles, destructible buildings and a large variety of envrionments. Overall i feel that battlefield is a better game as it has a better quality multiplayer which is the key aspect in these type of games and battlefield 3 of probably going to build on this even further.

Chances are i will play them both but i would pick battlefield over CoD for my personal favourite.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarroc504 View Post
    Heyyy...I remember you from the Starcraft Arena forums, I still remember the "fancy time" thread. Too bad Starcraft Arena died ...I sure hope I'm not mistaking you for someone else :P
    Nope, that's me

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Battlefield 3, by a long shot. I don't like playing gimped and inferior shooters designed for casual console fanboys and would rather play a superior and far more difficult shooter designed for a PC first.
    This, but I wouldn't have said it so bluntly. MW3 has always felt "arcade-ish" to me with all the gimmicks, kill streak things, trip mines, etc., etc.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    so rare these days (statement in bold).
    They are doing it. Its stated.

But BF3 is going to destroy MW3. But theres so many kids that will buy MW3 so the selling numbers will probably be higher for mw3, would not surprice me a single bit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wastedkill View Post
    ^ this sounds a bit of fanboyism sorry if its not xD
    It's really not, i literally have every single Cod game and every Battlefield game (including the expansions). But the majority of people like CoD because of how smooth it is, bullets go close to where you aim. Battlefield is too realistic, bullets aren't that accurate, there's something about the game that isn't smooth.

As i said i'll buy both games as i like the singleplayers, and i'm not a 'fanboy' of any of the games as they are too easy. I prefer games such as quake/ut/css where skill is involved. But the reason CoD is so popular is because it relates to the massive 'noob' community that there is nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by verba View Post
    They are doing it. Its stated.

But BF3 is going to destroy MW3. But theres so many kids that will buy MW3 so the selling numbers will probably be higher for mw3, would not surprice me a single bit.
    This is the type of shit that should stay out of this thread if it intends to stay clean.

Modern Warfare 3 is self explanatory, expect the same game that has been coming out for years except with new gun models and new maps.

Battlefield 3, may be something new or not. If you've played Battlefield games before you will love it, enjoy it. The mechanics in that game are different than MW because it takes a bit more skill to kill someone in BF games.

My suggestion would be BF3 because I'm tired of Call of Duty releasing the same game over and over with a new title.

As an amatuer games designer I simply cannot buy MW3 out of the priciple that it is still using the Quake 3 engine after so many years and with so many other engines coming out that can be much more effective.
    Cant really call the IW engine a quake 3 engine anymore.

---------- Post added 2011-07-01 at 09:25 PM ----------

Battlefield is too realistic, bullets aren't that accurate, there's something about the game that isn't smooth.
    I wish you kids would stop saying that BF is realistic. Its no where near realistic. Since BF2 the engine has had so many fucking collision problems with vehicles and player models. The weapon models look like ass compared to MW series and the animations leave ALOT to be desired, even in the BF3 preview we have been seeing the animations for the m4 that the player used is godawfull, the idle animation looks wrong and it has the same half assed feel allmost all of the BF weapon animation sets have had since bf2. Keep in mind i own all the bf games and COD games, i did weapon modeling and animation for 2 years so im not some retard qqing. Get over your high horse about the IW engine COD uses becuase Frostbite while having nice physics has its own problems.

Buying BF3, downloading MW3.

MW3 for the Story
    BF3 for the Multiplayer

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zeta333 View Post
    I wish you kids would stop saying that BF is realistic.
    If you actually read what i typed then you would realise i said 'Battlefield is too realistic', i didn't say battlefield IS realistic. Compared to CoD Battlefield is more realistic interms of damagable environments and gravity effecting bullets at long range, in that aspect. Look at you rage from a little comment i made, funny thing is you didn't even read it correctly, and then to make your comment even more cringe worthy you said 'i wish you kids' which just shows how immature you really are.

Deleted
    Hmm. Find it equally interesting every time I see someone blame a game for being "played by kids". I could understand "played by retards", "played by morons" or "played by idiots" as that is what everyone say when they lose in a multiplayer game (I do it too, it's human). But kids? WHat have kids ever done to you? Forgot when you were a kid and played stupid, superficial games? No? Then I suppose you were born 16 years old then. Yeah, that's right, those who blame someone for being "a kid" is very often one themselves.

If you actually read what i typed then you would realise i said 'Battlefield is too realistic', i didn't say battlefield IS realistic. Compared to CoD Battlefield is more realistic interms of damagable environments and gravity effecting bullets at long range, in that aspect. Look at you rage from a little comment i made, funny thing is you didn't even read it correctly, and then to make your comment even more cringe worthy you said 'i wish you kids' which just shows how immature you really are.
    Its not rage its lack of patience for fanboys that comes from the forums, " ZOMG BF IS THE GREATEST EVER FUCK COD". The entire BF series has had more problems gameplay wise than COD when it comes to online multiplayer. And wanna talk about Realistic? BF Movement has always been awful, not once have i felt while running in that game like the character i was controlling was actually running, it always felt as if he was float walking over the ground, the same for vehicles. At least COD has smooth and precise movements that emulate that of realistic combat. Id gamble to say that if BF didnt have vehicles it wouldnt even be a contest if COD was better since when it comes to the infantry aspect COD has always been clunky as fuck. When i play BF games i solely use vehicles, if i cant get one i camp a spawn with a MG untill one spawns and go rack up the kills.

I still have yet to see why people qq about the engine so much, yes its BASED on an old engine but does that mean its shit? No.

Hmm. Find it equally interesting every time I see someone blame a game for being "played by kids". I could understand "played by retards", "played by morons" or "played by idiots" as that is what everyone say when they lose in a multiplayer game (I do it too, it's human). But kids? WHat have kids ever done to you? Forgot when you were a kid and played stupid, superficial games? No? Then I suppose you were born 16 years old then. Yeah, that's right, those who blame someone for being "a kid" is very often one themselves.
    While i have a hatred for kids and enjoy trolling them on xbox live i agree that kids are anoying as hell in online games where they can get their hands on Mics, from xbox live to CS to BF on the PC, each and everyone has kids so saying one has more than the other is ignorant. And for those that cant stand them, simply mute them, turn of speech. Its not hard.

Quote Originally Posted by zeta333 View Post
    While i have a hatred for kids and enjoy trolling them on xbox live i agree that kids are anoying as hell in online games where they can get their hands on Mics, from xbox live to CS to BF on the PC, each and everyone has kids so saying one has more than the other is ignorant. And for those that cant stand them, simply mute them, turn of speech. Its not hard.
    I agree with you to an extent. Kids online can be annoying at times. But I have ran into just as many annoying, ignorant, horrible adults as I have kids, if not more (heavily leaning towards more). The thing is, "kid" seems to be a label or name automatically tossed out now as an insult. "Get good kid" or "Console Kids" etc etc.

It gets my blood going a little when you try to discuss something with someone and because your opinion is not like theirs they immediately reply with "LOL ok Kid" or some such. Which is entirely undeserved in most cases because I in no way acted childish. Or I get labeled as being a kid because I choose a specific game. (Just clarification: not saying you said this to me, those are examples)

It seems disagreeing on a topic equates to being a kid.
    Last edited by JustintimeSS; 2011-07-02 at 03:51 AM. Reason: clarification

Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    It seems disagreeing on a topic equates to being a kid.
    Man, our government is run by children

10+ Year Old Account
    MW3 = Expansion pack to MW2/1. Same shit its been for years.

BF3 is going to be amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mwarren View Post
    It's a no brainer. Get MW3, Skyrim is just a rehash of Oblivion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neezh View Post
    Because I'm brave enough to smoke. I see no point in quitting