Jan "Katla" Jämsen - Finntroll
    Tapio Wilska - Finntroll
    Efthimis Karadimas - Nightfall
    Ole Alexander Myrholt - Enslavement of Beauty
    Pär Hulkoff - Raubtier
    Johannes Eckerström - Avatar

Deleted
    The guy from Lost Horizon.
    Oh, and everyone here seems to post vocalists only from the bands they've heard/like/favourite/whatever, amirite? Half of these vocalists can't sing for shit, sorry if I offended you all.
    Last edited by mmoce67615a32e; 2011-07-03 at 11:31 AM.

Deleted
    In no special order:
    Bruce Dickinson (Iron Maiden)
    Anders Fridén (In Flames)
    Johan Hegg (Amon Amarth)
    Sully Erna (Godsmack)
    Jack Black (Tenacious D)

Tony Kakko, Tobias Sammet, Michael Kiske, Jonathan Davis, Hansi Kursch, Rob Halford, Bruce Dickinson

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelavar View Post
    Can anyone beat Tarja?
    Amongst female singers that is.
    Ever heard of Doro Pesch?

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmen View Post
    Oh, and everyone here seems to post vocalists only from the bands they've heard/like/favourite/whatever, amirite? Half of these vocalists can't sing for shit, sorry if I offended you all.
    That's because the name of the thread is "Favorite Metal Vocalist" =)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekmen View Post
    How dare people list their favorite vocalists in a thread that's about listing favorite vocalists! I also fully agree that they shouldn't list vocalists they've heard, but people they haven't heard instead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maku View Post
    That's because the name of the thread is "Favorite Metal Vocalist" =)
    I know, but most of the people here are like this:
    I have heard of CoB, Disturbed, Korn, Slipknot, Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park, Metallica, therefore the best vocalists are from CoB, Disturbed, Korn, Slipknot, Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park, Metallica.
    I mean, seriously, lost horizon is far from being my favourite band, yet still I think they have the best vocalist.
    I'm definitely not going to say that Karl Willets from Bolt Thrower or Martin Van Drunen from pestilence and hail of bullets are the best(though they still are pretty good for DM)
    Last edited by mmoce67615a32e; 2011-07-03 at 12:43 PM.

Deleted
    Male:

- Serj Tankian (soad/solo)
    - Hansi Kürsch (blind guardian et al.)
    - Cristian Machado (Ill Nino)
    - Michael Schøn Poulsen (Volbeat)
    - Tomas Lindberg (at the Gates)
    - Jari Mäenpää (Wintersun, ex-Ensiferum)

female:
    (- Angela Gossow (Arch Enemy) for growls etc, honorable mention to Alissa White-Gluz from the Agonist)
    - Simone Simons (Epica)
    - Tarja Turunen (former Nightwish)
    - Cristina Scabbia (Lacuna Coil)
    on the further ranks: Floor Jansen well before Sharon den Adel.
    Ms. Olzon is out of the question. Have you heard her sing Wishmaster? She's ok for the stuff they released after she joined, but since I mainly don't like that, meh.

Rob Halford
    Jack Black.
    Eric Adams
    and Nero Bellum.

Rainer Landfermann for the lols

10+ Year Old Account
    Layne Staley of Alice in Chains.

Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Layne Staley of Alice in Chains.
    although I fing both Layne Staley and Alice in Chains phenomenal and unique, I wouldn't call them metal.

My favorite metal vocalist would be Geoff Tate of Queensryche. I think his creativity, technique and talent is unmatched. Most importantly, he is as good in concerts as he is in albums.

I would highly recommend 2 albums to hear his work: Operation Mindcrime and Promised Land

Chris Clancy - Mutiny Within

Quote Originally Posted by Nelavar View Post
    Can anyone beat Tarja?
    Amongst female singers that is.
    Angelina Gossow from Arch Enemy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33U3bGZOcX8

10+ Year Old Account
    For me, it's a toss-up between Andi Deris (formerly Pink Cream 69, currently Helloween) and Tobias Sammet(Edguy, also behind Avantasia).

They are both technically good, with vocals that can go anywhere from deep down below to soaring high, they both try to improve with every new release, and they booth prove time and again that "standard" power metal vocals isn't the only type of singing they can handle.

I WOULD mention Michael Kiske in there, but he WAS a Metal Vocalist. Now he is a rock/ballad singer with metal cameos. Still good as hell, though^^
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Angelina Gossow from Arch Enemy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33U3bGZOcX8
    Wow I've never heard anyone sing like that, how original! Gotta appreciate the quality of her voice, she could charm birds from the trees. Such talent.
    no u missunderstood, I lied. -despairsodelicious

10+ Year Old Account
    Not that i listen to much metal nowadays, but i used to a couple 'o years ago. The one singer who i still enjoy listening to is Corey Taylor of Slipknot. Doesn't really matter what people think of the band, to me he's a great singer.
    "Should i trust this fart?"-Brian Redban

Deleted
    Dez Fafara(Devildriver)
    Michael Star(Steel Panther)