Thread: New PvP Content

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think I can remember one patch that was actually like a trailer for something PvP related instead of recycle content.

Patch 1.5 says "hi" in its special sort of way.

On topic, I'd love PVP objectives that rewarded me with more than the opportunity to do PVE content. I care less and less about Tol Barad because, frankly, I'll never run BH and I don't much care to do the quests. I just want to PVP, and get my rewards for that. And, sure, there's honor to go along with a TB, but I'm well past most honor rewards at this point.
    Last edited by insmek; 2011-07-24 at 12:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What they need to add is something like haala except slightly better and more rewarding if you have control of it. I remember back in tbc where we could spend hours fighting over haala. It was so much fun!

Quote Originally Posted by stormwave View Post
    I want to see AV done without the PvE bosses. Just a pure deathmatch, first team to get to 0 resources looses.
    This a good idea. The best AV's are always the attrition battles. I usually have so much fun in those that it does not matter that my side lost.

I think Bliz needs to make BG's more rewarding for Healers.

A pvp place where you will be able to earn gold. you can que and be set up with fx a healer and 2 dps per team. and you will go into this big zone with alot of points to capture. the more you capture the more gold you earn. the reason ppl dont pvp all that much is that you earn more gold pveing. I my self could farm BG's all day with some friends and have a blast. but sure some cant. thats why there should be a que system, so when your mates are not up for it. you can solo que ofc it should not be so much gold that it becomes the main goal. but would love to earn a little on the side

I really think there are a whole lot room for more pvp content, as it seems like blizz only focuses on the PvE part of the players, sadly...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lazymangaka View Post

You just took me back real good. Thank you for the nostalgia sensation

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthraxxxis View Post
    How about a Pyramid King of the Mountain Map in Uldum. No NPC's, No Vehicles, just a battle to the top.
    yeah would like to see somehow all VS all King of the Hill BG or something

also World PvP more proofed, means make it more respanseble for pvpers and pvers (important to get pvers on the way to their pvp expierence)

I'd love to see a zone in the game that is battled for by the players. It'd pretty much be a tug-of-war; sometimes the zone would be 50/50 alliance/horde, sometimes 90/10, 30/70 etc. Controlling more of the zone opens up dailies, possibly other things, etc.

This is like Tol'Barad, but TB is a battle than 2 hours of dailies. This would be an ongoing battle with PvE mixed in whenever the battles subsided.

Of course, this would be very hard to tune and wouldn't work out / eventually become boring, but a man can dream, right?

Edit: Or a deathmatch type battleground.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd add a new battleground where the map was just a wide open space and the only objective was to kill the shit out of each other. It would also be cool to have a free for all battleground where we weren't tied to horde/alliance but every man for himself. To add to that idea, maybe like an arena bracket where you and another person or teams of 3 were pitted against each other (like a team deathmatch with like 4 teams)

I'd also remove SOTA and IoC because they are pure poop.

Deleted
    I would like to remove arena, remove racials to stop every 12 y old kid roll undead males to begin with.

Then i would make the world alive again. Heres the plans:

1. PvP items are cheaper in honor but needs materials droped in places to craft them near a PvP crafter.

2. The materials are quite hard to get in full all vs all pvp areas, but some of the easier bind on equip can be gathered in just world pvp.

3. There will be big Gurubashilike arenas where the chest drop in the middle contains rare materials for crafting.

4. I would nerf healing and bring back Resilience to its old state, and oh, more dimishing returns and nerf to prot specs/rogue burst.

Bring back old AV and i will play all day long.

How about a Pyramid King of the Mountain Map in Uldum. No NPC's, No Vehicles, just a battle to the top.
    That would be so much fun, I can see death grip and "life grip" being used to abuse

Quote Originally Posted by izzyanger View Post
    I'd like to see a deathmatch bg. Gurubashi Catacombs was going to set that idea into place. However, Blizz scrapped it.
    I say bring back the Gurubashi Catacombs idea and put it somewhere else and change the name. (considering lore and whatnot)
    Death matches are epic.

Quote Originally Posted by lazymangaka View Post

On topic, I'd love PVP objectives that rewarded me with more than the opportunity to do PVE content. I care less and less about Tol Barad because, frankly, I'll never run BH and I don't much care to do the quests. I just want to PVP, and get my rewards for that. And, sure, there's honor to go along with a TB, but I'm well past most honor rewards at this point.
    I think it would be really great to see some more inventive PvP content. For example the King of the Hill idea or maybe some kind of team-oriented race that isn't "player versus door". Some kind of relay idea, thinking of the Thorim fight where half of the group races to the top, but instead of PvE obstacles perhaps other teams have to fight each other to advance.

Just a suggestion to make it fresh. It would be awesome to see Gurubashi come back but with something really valuable, and add MORE gurubashi arenas around other zones too.

This a good idea. The best worst AV's are always the attrition battles. I usually have so much fun in those that it does not matter that my side lost.
    I sure love my 35min matches. Especially the pure skill based clusterduck that AV turns into

Quote Originally Posted by Jubite View Post
    I sure love my 35min matches. Especially the pure skill based clusterduck that AV turns into
    I loved AV back in early TBC, but I don't think I would want to go back to the 2 hour matches Although summoning was super funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stormwave View Post
    I want to see AV done without the PvE bosses. Just a pure deathmatch, first team to get to 0 resources looses.
    SO MUCH THIS. Bring back the days of AV battles that went on for hours where people did more than just /wave at each other as they ran past on their way to zerg the PVE bosses. *sigh*

---------- Post added 2011-07-26 at 04:14 PM ----------

I think Bliz needs to make BG's more rewarding for Healers.
    This is also a great idea. As it is, about the only 'reward' I get for healing people in BG's on my wee priest is seeing #1 heals done at the end of the battle, and getting focus-fired by the Horde when the Horde team is actually competent enough to do so. Hell, my own team leaves me alone to defend nodes more often than not. And they're surprised when I get jumped by 4 rogues/hunters and die horribly...
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

Giving this thread a little bump after watching the atrocious live stream for the 3v3 tournament. PvP Content Quality has fallen so far they have announcers that don't even know what's going on in the game. It was so painful to watch. I think the amount of people that participate in the PvP community is severely overlooked, and I wouldn't be surprised if a good chunk of those 300k subscribers were PvP players that have left to LoL / Rift.

Blizzard needs to release a solid content patch (as seen above) that just focuses purely on new PvP content and fixing current imbalances/issues. (And please for the love of god no more sieges vs. doors). MLG pulled arena off on cata launch due to technical difficulties with the viewer (correct me if I'm wrong). Why hasn't that been fixed yet? Cataclysm has been out now for 9 months. So either Blizzard isn't fixing it because it's not a priority, or MLG believes it's just a waste of time.

Kaeja - Stormrage
    // Thanks to maybenotquiteasheavy for the Signature & Avatar! //

Battlegrounds populated with elite mobs, where killing an elite scores a certain number of points depending on its difficulty.

Battlegrounds that allow flying mounts (limited to 150% speed?) and various objectives.

Maybe a battleground where two giant godzilla-like bosses fight each other, and opposing teams fight to tip the balance in their bosses favor.

Battlegrounds with more than 2 teams.

Randomly generated battleground maps so I don't have to look at the same damn landscapes every time. Or a map editor so that players could design their own battlegrounds. Who cares if it's not always balanced, if it's random then I'll have a map advantage as often as I have a map disadvantage.

IMO It's pretty simple what blizzard needs to do. Pay attention to their customers.

We don't like the new WSG change.
    We don't like vehicles vs. doors.
    We don't like bgs based on PvE.

I mean come on, it's obvious what needs to be done, it's simply that they aren't paying attention.

Just give me a freaking deathmatch where the graveyard is placed so that we can't camp each other. Also, another idea, give us a deathmatch where instead of first to 100 kills, it's first to beat the other team by 25 or something.

I don't pvp to mess with cool objectives, I pvp to beat the crap out of other players, I don't get the whole emphasis on these battleground objectives. They're pretty neat, but in the end, I like having more kills than deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by the lobotomizer View Post
    Battlegrounds populated with elite mobs, where killing an elite scores a certain number of points depending on its difficulty.

Battlegrounds that allow flying mounts (limited to 150% speed?) and various objectives.

Maybe a battleground where two giant godzilla-like bosses fight each other, and opposing teams fight to tip the balance in their bosses favor.

Battlegrounds with more than 2 teams.

Randomly generated battleground maps so I don't have to look at the same damn landscapes every time. Or a map editor so that players could design their own battlegrounds. Who cares if it's not always balanced, if it's random then I'll have a map advantage as often as I have a map disadvantage.
    I actually really like the Battlegrounds with multiple teams idea. That would be a beautifully organized frenzy Same thing could be easily done with arena.

Quote Originally Posted by BeBattey View Post
    IMO It's pretty simple what blizzard needs to do. Pay attention to their customers.

I mean come on, it's obvious what needs to be done, it's simply that they aren't paying attention.

Just give me a freaking deathmatch where the graveyard is placed so that we can't camp each other. Also, another idea, give us a deathmatch where instead of first to 100 kills, it's first to beat the other team by 25 or something.

I don't pvp to mess with cool objectives, I pvp to beat the crap out of other players, I don't get the whole emphasis on these battleground objectives. They're pretty neat, but in the end, I like having more kills than deaths.
    I think objectives put in the right way are better, not being defended by freaking sieges - sieges are better kept in PvE like Ulduar.
    WSG & TP work great, IoC and SoA make you want to hit your face on a wall.

After playing a bit of Bloodline Champions, I have to ask why the hell blizzard hasn't put in a proper in-game tournament ladder feature for servers/battelgroups to have their own tournaments? (Probably because it would bring in a ton more un-wanted feedback from the pvp community)

Kaeja - Stormrage
    // Thanks to maybenotquiteasheavy for the Signature & Avatar! //

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeBattey View Post

I wouldn't say it's obvious. Why do you think they haven't done a deathmatch type BG?

Also- They added RBGs, which address 2 of those bullet points and inverts the first.
    So what you want is a never ending deathmatch game? Evenly skilled teams would never be able to finish.

That's what the arena is for.

>5v>5 deathmatch would be two clusters AoEing each other while avoiding AoE.

PvP in WoW is way too slow for large group death match games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE