Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    This. There's a reason there is aim assist built into most console FPS games (either sticky targeting or straight up aim assist), even in multiplayer.
    The majority of FPS players play their games on consoles even if the game is out for PC. So stop arguing random BS and just give a straight answer.

Straight answer is: You'll find the most players for CoD 4, 2 MW 1/2 and Black Ops on XBL over PC and PS3.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacecat View Post
    because not everyone has enough money to drop on a computer that can handle CoD at a playable framerate
    A console costs around the same amount as a computer that is capable of running most games on low graphics with steady frame rates, and is unarguably more versatile in what it can do. You can prefer a controller to a mouse/keyboard setup, but you would be hard pressed to prove that console FPS gamers have equal or greater skill when paired against their PC gaming counterparts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogretron View Post
    And there isn't in PC games? I remember when I played MW1 and MW2 there were more cheaters on the computer than there were on the XBOX 360. The only thing I can think of are modded controllers, but that still doesn't compare to what you can do on the computer.
    I'm not talking about modded controllers or hackers. That exists in every platform and it sucks. I'm talking about a system BUILT IN TO THE GAME. I'm 99.9% sure that CoD Black Ops has sticky targeting built in for console. It keeps your crosshair on your enemy even if you make small movements that would have otherwise pulled your crosshair off the target. PC games do not have this for multiplayer games.

A console costs around the same amount as a computer that is capable of running most games on low graphics with steady frame rates, and is unarguably more versatile in what it can do. You can prefer a controller to a mouse/keyboard setup, but you would be hard pressed to prove that console FPS gamers have equal or greater skill when paired against their PC gaming counterparts.

I'm not talking about modded controllers or hackers. That exists in every platform and it sucks. I'm talking about a system BUILT IN TO THE GAME. I'm 99.9% sure that CoD Black Ops has sticky targeting built in for console. It keeps your crosshair on your enemy even if you make small movements that would have otherwise pulled your crosshair off the target. PC games do not have this for multiplayer games.
    Again what fucked up world will a 200$ pc run mw2? Also lets see if your capable of reading it a third time. mouse and keyboard is ONLY better for aiming and use of extra macros, when it comes to movement and anything that involves vehicles dual analogs of a controller beat it hands down without an argument.

There is nothing wrong with a small amount of sticky targeting due to the aiming difference between a analog and a mouse so stop bitching about stupid shit please.

Ir remember seeing in Steam there are more ppl playing MW2 than BO these days

10+ Year Old Account
    You can buy an xbox slim console for $200-$300, so no you cannot build a computer for that price since a decent one without a monitor,keyboard,mouse, or OS is $500+
    The main thing the PC gaming market has going for it is its modding community. Also saying "PC gamers are far superior to console gamers" does nothing but further the stereotype of PC gamers feeling entitled to have a better opinion just because they play on a certain platform. And there is no basis to compare KB/M to a controller since they are two different inputs with their own pros and cons. Also I'm starting to really dislike the PC gaming community when you even mention a console and then start bashing the person and to "upgrade" to the better gaming platform and to get on their level. Its one of the things that makes me hate to say I do play PC games
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U DO DIS
    85 shadow/disc priest
    Looks like I got hacked again. Screw it I'm done with WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Duntix View Post
    PC gamers have a better opinion just because they play on a certain platform.
    How right you are!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes please cut out the other words in a sentence to twist it to make it sound like you were right. People like you are what is wrong with the PC gaming community making light of anything a console person or team does.
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U DO DIS
    85 shadow/disc priest

Quote Originally Posted by zeta333 View Post
    I think halo would like to have a word with you on that. mouse and keyboard allow for better aiming but in all cases of movement and any interaction with vehicles dual analog sticks are superior

Dunno what you smoke but that's some heavy shit. O.o

In no way are analog sticks superior for the movement as aiming/line of sight are about 100% part of it. You made me lol again though.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Yes please cut out the other words in a sentence to twist it to make it sound like you were right. People like you are what is wrong with the PC gaming community making light of anything a console person or team does.
    I'm just joshin ya.

@ Torched - I'm not talking about people just straight up wrecking, or those that matches where the connection is horrible and the replay makes it look like the person is cheating because of the lag. I'm not talking about any of those things.

I love it when someone mentions hacks and people have to bring up the fact how they have been called a hacker and blah blah. No one cares, it's happens to all of us.

I'm 99.9% sure that CoD Black Ops has sticky targeting built in for console. It keeps your crosshair on your enemy even if you make small movements that would have otherwise pulled your crosshair off the target. PC games do not have this for multiplayer games.
    Even though I haven't played Black Ops much this statement has floated around since the first shooter was on console and PC. People who are good on one platform (PC for example here) but suck on another platform have to create excuses on why the game cheats. I know there is usually an option for sticky targeting, but I'm pretty sure it's taken off for multiplayer.I know that option has been on computer FPS as well. I have played shooters on both systems for many years and there are plenty of ups and downs for both.

Even though I haven't played Black Ops much this statement has floated around since the first shooter was on console and PC.
    I've seen confirmation from a number of different sources that it exists in multiplayer. It's not as strong as it is in singleplayer, but it still exists in multiplayer (as it does in many other console FPS games) to compensate for the controllers inability to make very small adjustments while aiming.

It's more of a hobby that got popular. If you want to really play FPS games, computer is where you play. Computer FPS games destroy console gamers any day of the week. Not because they are simply better (they very well could be), but because a mouse/keyboard setup allows for much more precision and faster movement than a controller does.
    Halo pro gamers would disagree with you I think. And the whole aim assist/sticky targeting thing does exist, but it hardly influences top end play. In Halo3/Reach aim assist was removed for a lot of weapons, most notably sniper rifles, and top end players are still extremely deadly. The Gears of War series, (I know gears is a TPS, but shooting mechanics still apply, don't get technical with me please) has zero aim assist or sticky targeting for all weapons, and many players manage to be extremely efficient with their targeting. Not to mention gears has some extreme dodging mechanics that make most new players wet themselves. And I know for Halo 2 aim assist only applies at a certain range. If you're too far away, aim assist won't activate with any weapon, even a sniper. Some of my most memorable kills in Halo 2 were extreme range dual SMG kills. Tap the triggers you fools! Don't hold them down!!!
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2011-07-26 at 08:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    [/COLOR]Dunno what you smoke but that's some heavy shit. O.o

In no way are analog sticks superior for the movement as aiming/line of sight are about 100% part of it. You made me lol again though.
    In movement heavy games like halo i would run circles around you using a controller. As well i would with any vehicle in any vehicle game, the big thing is pressure sensitivity which the keyboard lacks. And do tell what aiming has to do with movement, i can navigate around maps backwards or by looking straight down and even make trick jumps. Turn your sensitivity to 10 and you wont have a problem spinning fast...

How right you are!
    So your just here to troll eh.

to compensate for the controllers inability to make very small adjustments while aiming.
    This is where you just proved your a baddie on the console, the controllers in expeirenced hands can make these " small adjustments" that you claim they cant, in fact not only is your statement wrong on a player level but there is not one physical thing prohibiting a analog stick from moveing like this. My read on you is you got on xbox live, got your ass handed to you and now rage on forums calling it shit because your just bad at the games.

15+ Year Old Account
    do people who have blackops for pc play on the same servers as xbox live players?

15+ Year Old Account
    The trolling needs to stop.

I understand some people prefer PC and some people prefer consoles but in reality (where I live) neither is perfect. Comparing the accuracy of Mouse aiming to joystick aiming? Fine I can see how using a mouse is more accurate.

What about moving with keys? certainly moving the the joystick gives console gamers that advantage.

Anyway I think alot of people probably went back to MW2 because Black Ops is terrible. It's a good thing it has zombies otherwise I'd be selling it right back to Gamestop.

It's more of a hobby that got popular. If you want to really play FPS games, computer is where you play. Computer FPS games destroy console gamers any day of the week. Not because they are simply better (they very well could be), but because a mouse/keyboard setup allows for much more precision and faster movement than a controller does.
    You are talking out of your ass. Besides being a computer fanboy do you have anything to back up computer players destroy console gamers other than you and your internet friends thinking you are really good? Computer games have so many people modding and hacking they are almost unplayable now. Mouse/Keyboard being better than Controller is all preference I myself use a controller even when I play on the computer.
    Hi Sephurik

To everyone comparing console vs PC (which are all PC gamers as they are the only ones getting upset) please stop. Neither side is better it is all about your preference. I do play better with mouse and keyboard, but I like the controller better.
    Wrong, Microsoft was going to make it so that people on the PC could play against people on the 360 but scrapped it after using mediocre players from the PC and put them against "pro" players on the 360 and the 360 "pros" got destroyed.

First off, what? Games are not dumbed down because of the systems, get your head out your ass. Also, like the other guy mentioned, there is no way you can build a competitive computer for the same price as any console. Just... stop talking.
    Yes they are dumbed down, there have been multiple interviews with multiple developers stating that they have to dumb down the game because the precision on a PC vs the percision on a console has a huge gap. One example is Portal 1 vs Portal 2, Valve specifically said they had to make it easier because console players wouldn't be able to do anything if they had done it as they did Portal 1. Also all FPS's are now "shoot me in the head multiple times before you can kill me" unlike how it used to be where if you aimed at someones head and shot them they would die immediately. They increased the skill gap in all games now because they develop it for the console and then port it over, which is reasonable since they get more money from the console gamers then they do the PC gamers.

---------- Post added 2011-07-26 at 11:21 AM ----------

You can buy an xbox slim console for $200-$300, so no you cannot build a computer for that price since a decent one without a monitor,keyboard,mouse, or OS is $500+
    The main thing the PC gaming market has going for it is its modding community. Also saying "PC gamers are far superior to console gamers" does nothing but further the stereotype of PC gamers feeling entitled to have a better opinion just because they play on a certain platform. And there is no basis to compare KB/M to a controller since they are two different inputs with their own pros and cons. Also I'm starting to really dislike the PC gaming community when you even mention a console and then start bashing the person and to "upgrade" to the better gaming platform and to get on their level. Its one of the things that makes me hate to say I do play PC games
    You can purchase a Computer, Mouse and Keyboard for $300 that can run CoD2, 4 and MW2. People always add in Monitor to the list and say it's impossible, but if you are going to add the Monitor then you must add the TV to the list for purchasing a console which just makes the console more expensive. Also if you want to say "everyone has a TV so you don't add that to the price", well everyone has a Monitor, Keyboard and Mouse also and it's not needed to purchase new ones to play new games as they do nothing for performance.

---------- Post added 2011-07-26 at 11:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    You are talking out of your ass. Besides being a computer fanboy do you have anything to back up computer players destroy console gamers other than you and your internet friends thinking you are really good? Computer games have so many people modding and hacking they are almost unplayable now. Mouse/Keyboard being better than Controller is all preference I myself use a controller even when I play on the computer.
    As I said in my post, Microsoft actually did a test because they were planning on allowing PC and 360 players to play together through Windows Live but scrapped the idea after their mediocre pc gaming test subjects destroyed their "pro" 360 console players.

---------- Post added 2011-07-26 at 11:40 AM ----------

http://kotaku.com/5593259/rumor-micr...60-online-play

---------- Post added 2011-07-26 at 03:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    The trolling needs to stop.

I understand some people prefer PC and some people prefer consoles but in reality (where I live) neither is perfect. Comparing the accuracy of Mouse aiming to joystick aiming? Fine I can see how using a mouse is more accurate.

What about moving with keys? certainly moving the the joystick gives console gamers that advantage.

Anyway I think alot of people probably went back to MW2 because Black Ops is terrible. It's a good thing it has zombies otherwise I'd be selling it right back to Gamestop.
    To me aiming and moving go hand in hand. Since aiming precision is a lot better on the PC then it is on the console I feel the PC overall has better control. If I can't proceed to look straight with my controller it will be difficult for me to move around.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how his link has rumor in it and he takes it as fact. Take the stick out of your ass. To your lets add a TV to the list how about no, all my friends who moved out of their parents house have taken their TV with them because it can be easily used for multiple things such as cable, gaming, and movies. However with a monitor it is only used for a PC. And even taking out a monitor if you build a computer you still have to buy the OS which can be $100 so for the last time no you can't buy or build a competitive computer for what an xbox costs. I'm not saying it can't run it but it won't be viable in any sort of competitive setting which people keep talking about so stop arguing with terrible points. I also bet that rumor was started by PC gamers who were butt hurt that they didn't go through with the technology.
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U DO DIS
    85 shadow/disc priest

I hate topics like this, I play FPS on both PC and Xbox/ps3.

From my point of view it's much harder on a console, you fan boys might come screaming but aiming with a mouse is a hell of a lot easier.

Black ops was a failure, if it wasn't part of the call of duty series it would have been a good game. But when you try and compare it to MW2...it is horrible. Sure MW2 had terrible imbalances, at least it was fun as hell. Black ops is such a try hard game it's not even fun. MW2 definitely has the most players currently.