Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Could be a dude pretending to be a girl, so I never do.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by superficial View Post
    so you want the attention, and then complain about getting the attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by superficial View Post

hmmm

Have you met women? A decent chunk are like this. You know those girls that dress skimpy? Yeah, looking for attention but then call the guys that hit on them assholes. Welcome to the world we live in.
    Last edited by Phocket; 2011-08-11 at 07:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokoz View Post
    Me: "Ok if its a healer/dps go for healer then dps! Alright?"
    Partner: "What if its a Paladin combo?"
    Me: "Then just leave..."

i dont think ive ever come across this tbh. kinda makes you lol though.
    Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.

Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

You could easily fix this by not talking in the randoms or by not referring to yourself as a girl in randoms.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mylune View Post
    She wanted the attention. If she didn't she wouldn't have correct you with the "*she".
    You and everyone else who believe this are idiots. People try to pull that "she wants attention" crap on women in game and in the forums all the time when all they want is to not be thought of being somebody that they are not. I correct people all the time when they approach me with "bro" or "he" because I'm not. If I'm craving attention, all I do is look up at my boyfriend whos is probably in the same random queue with me and ask for it.

I'm going to start going around and referring to everyone I meet as "she" or "her", then call them out for wanting attention because they correct it and tell me they are male.

Quote Originally Posted by Scratchee View Post
    You and everyone else who believe this are idiots. People try to pull that "she wants attention" crap on women in game and in the forums all the time when all they want is to not be thought of being somebody that they are not. I correct people all the time when they approach me with "bro" or "he" because I'm not. If I'm craving attention, all I do is look up at my boyfriend whos is probably in the same random queue with me and ask for it.

I'm going to start going around and referring to everyone I meet as "she" or "her", then call them out for wanting attention because they correct it and tell me they are male.
    i've been refered to as a girl when i'm 100% a dude. I don't flip out or even go out of my way to correct anyone. I assume the vast majority of women who don't correct anyone don't care either. I'm inclined to believe that the remainder who do correct people want some form of recognition.

Hitting, woman , wow is all i kinda read/
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by skatblast View Post
    Fake and Gay
    They never said it was real and heterosexual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scratchee View Post

If you call me "she", I'm not going to correct you because it's a video game and I don't care what sex you think my character is. I'll say it again. If you correct someone for calling you "he", you're asking for attention because you know what the reaction will be, not because you're some attention whore.
    EverQuest, City of Heroes, Star Wars Galaxies, EverQuest II, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, Star Wars TOR, Guild Wars 2, Rift.

I like to be called 'she' in game (and out). I've got a female avatar, right? Would it hurt people to just use a more gender-appropriate pronoun?
    That's not because I crave attention. Herpderp, not everyone who's 'she' is craving your attention. In all probability, none of them are. Get over yourself, you're not that interesting. Honest.

Also: Innocent (and clever) flirtation is just for kicks and giggles. If it's not clever, it's not appealing, and if it's not innocent, you're being a creep.

Lock this thread. It's gonna go downhill fast.

just treat everyone like their guys.. problem solved. unless proven otherwise all females are now considered male!

Quote Originally Posted by Providence View Post
    i've been refered to as a girl when i'm 100% a dude. I don't flip out or even go out of my way to correct anyone. I assume the vast majority of women who don't correct anyone don't care either. I'm inclined to believe that the remainder who do correct people want some form of recognition.
    yeah this happnes to me a lot when i pug stuff on my pally (a female BE). its kinda funny how slow some people are becuase even if im in vent and TALKING some one will still always call me a she, and no i do not in anyway sound like a girl lol. i honestly dont get worked up over it and wont even bother to really correct the ones that do ...so long as they dont start this flirting crap then i will correct them.

OT: in randoms i could careless about this sort of thing as long is we can still down the bosses.

in a raid group how ever it really gets to me. ive been in too many guilds that have some dumbass officer or gm that puts a new raider on the "fast track" becuase they are a girl REGARDLESS of how good or bad (this most of the time) they are.
    Originally Posted by statlerthegreat
    I don't play a real world simulator. I play World of Warcraft. Where I am a Goblin, named after an explosive, that hurls balls of arcane "fuck you up" at internet dragons/ogres/whateverthehellmaloriakis.

Just treat everyone like they're girls... Problem solved. Unless proven otherwise, all males are now considered female!
    Fixed that for you, dear ma'am.

Quote Originally Posted by Desminn View Post
    in a raid group how ever it really gets to me. ive been in too many guilds that have some dumbass officer or gm that puts a new raider on the "fast track" becuase they are a girl REGARDLESS of how good or bad (this most of the time) they are.
    Same. Current guild is doing that. We have like 3 girls in the entire guild who all three of them somehow manage to get a raid spot on a whim despite the fact that one of them hasn't shown up consistantly in the last 3 months and another one is no better than me. Go figure.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    i've been in guilds where they have met up irl just to go have sex and their from 2 different countries it's pretty sad tbh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
    or that the person in control of the toon is in the running for playboys playmate of the year.
    You heard it people, dont flirt with others online since they might not be as good looking as your imagination...

It's a bit of fun, I flirt with both sexes every once in a while not expecting anything from it and there is no problem.

Huffalicious the white knight.. Yes, please stop bothering girls, they are God's greatest creation and should be cherished as the delicate roses they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Providence View Post
    Same. Current guild is doing that. We have like 3 girls in the entire guild who all three of them somehow manage to get a raid spot on a whim despite the fact that one of them hasn't shown up consistantly in the last 3 months and another one is no better than me. Go figure.
    yeah i have one in my guild like this....ive been main tanking for them since getting into heroic t11 stuff about 3 months ago. show up to all raids ready to go always help out guildies and do what i can for the guild bank.

a female joined our guild about 1 month after me, dk dps. has decent attendance and ok dps (18-20k as frost dk....alright maybe a lil low lol). well fast forward to now....shes an officer and im still just a raider...not even ranked as a core raider....but im our main tank -.-

the only gear im handed (we loot council is why i say handed) is stuff that no one else needs or can use. and yet she has the first two cleavers that drop on reserve for her, she already has one and our smf war has 2 359 weps.
    Originally Posted by statlerthegreat
    I don't play a real world simulator. I play World of Warcraft. Where I am a Goblin, named after an explosive, that hurls balls of arcane "fuck you up" at internet dragons/ogres/whateverthehellmaloriakis.

I don't correct the pronoun, just because of the inevitable reaction to it that I don't want... but I slipped one time when someone said "hey let's hurry this up I gtg soon" and I said something like "yeah my bf just got home I gotta go too". Good lord, they just went OFF on the OMG it's a girl, I thought you were a dude, did your bf teach you to play, etc. etc. etc. The entire time I was in there, I was carrying the dps by a long shot, but it didn't matter. There was just no way I could be female and good at this game in their minds, and that was just that.

If you're good at this game, people will assume you're a dude, always... or they will assume that you just suck and get carried because you're a girl. Even girls make these assumptions. It's stupid, but it's what it is.

Where are all these women? I never see any. And if there are, they're certainly not attention-seekers... more like angry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guys do not say they are guys. Chicks who make a point to say that they are female usually just want the attention anyways. It is not like it is anything new. The only difference is that any chick can get attention on the internet, even guys that say they are chicks.

Besides, it is not like guys do not hit on anything that moves out of game. Why would you expect any difference in a video game?
    I like sandwiches