Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by galdroth View Post
    Vengeance of the Void is NOT true, it's fake.

...but why isn't "Mists of Pandaria" the expansion for this??

Outland might only get a minor update, maby just to better the leveling-flow of the continent.

Pictire this:
    **taking this all out of thin air**

Mists of Pandaria

Two new playable races:

Pandaren
    (Horde/Alliance?)
    The Pandaren start on the island (mini-continent) of Pandaria and are later (lvl 20?) taken by boat to ether Kalimdor or the Eastern Kingdoms.

Ethereal
    (Horde/Alliance?)
    The Ethereals start out on a remote location in Outland (some yet-unknown island) and are later (lvl 20?) teleported to ether Kalimdor or the Eastern Kingdoms.

New mini-continent:

Pandaria
    (2-4 zones?)
    This mini-cintinent features some new high level zones (85-90) and the Pandaren (race) starting zones.

New Zones:

Zandalar
    (continuing the "Rise of the Zandalari" (4.1) story)

Updated Outland:

Minor updates in Outland (60-70) to better the leveling-flow (nothing drastic).

Sir, I read the archived 4chan thread of "metzen" completely (http://chanarchive.org/4chan/v/10038/ask-chris-metzen)

and so I shall add the following:

Q: Where's Pandaria?
    A: Think about it: If you were an ancient race of panda bears that had close trade links with the kaldorei, you would surely be located somewhere near a major Night Elf territory. There's more to come with Pandaria. Watch this space...

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Read over the whole 4chan thing and I must say, this guy is either a really good faker, or someone who at least works at Blizzard. Now I'm really confused.... is it Blizzcon yet?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    When I first saw that picture, I thought Void Storage would just be the Ethereal term for Guild Bank.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yource View Post
    gief the ethereal to horde

ethereal druid pls
    they will most likely be the same as blood elves. they seem to fit, though maybe not warriors
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    you realize it could just be a hint at an ethereal involvement in the coming patch, rather than some new, exciting, unexpected feature.

Yes, yes, yes. Offcourse.
    And the best way to do this is to show two new NPC titles of functions that not yet exsist ingame.

Offcourse, how silly of me.
    Welp, this guy cracked the case guys. Ethereal raid in 4.3
    We can all go home now..

Quote Originally Posted by galdroth View Post
    **speculation**

Could this quote be one of the first hints of the next expansion???

Quote from the 4chan forum (someone believed to be Chris Metzen):

The Bourbon Cowboy: "Oh, don't get me wrong. I love me some Panderans and Ethereal. There's an upcoming comic series on the former which is looking totally badass. Ethereals are awesome in their own right too. Ethereals are smarmy, cunning, capable of great technological marvels ... kinda sounds like another big race on Azeroth? I wonder what would happen if those two races came into direct competition?"

source: http://www.wowpedia.org/User:Ashbear160/Archive

If you look up Chris Metzen on (for example) WoWPedia you'll find:
    - Metzen has used the alias "Thundergod" in multiple online venues, and also self-styles himself as "The Bourbon Cowboy".

source: http://www.wowwiki.com/Chris_Metzen
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ ________________________

OK... crazy idea, what if the Pandaren and the Ethereal are the two new playable races??

lets take a closer look at that quote and locate some of the hints:

- "Ethereals are smarmy, cunning, capable of great technological marvels ... kinda sounds like another big race on Azeroth?"
    Makes perfect sence if they plan to add some new Ethereal lore with patch 4.3.

- "I wonder what would happen if those two races came into direct competition?"
    HINT HINT... direct competition? remind you of anything?... the Horde and Alliance of course!

So the question is... could this be Blizzards opportunity to "update" Outland like they did with Azaeroth (but probably on a smaller scale), they said they wanted to do it.

They could even add the Ethereal starting zones (1-20, or something) in Outland or even somewhere in the Twisting Nether, and then have them teleport to Azeroth aftervards.

We all know Blizzard by now, they whould never make an expansion with only ONE theme.
    this is relevent to my interests.

pm me!

Void Storage is most likely an account-wide bank like most have been saying, but it could also be an unlimited slot bank for specific kinds of gear, maybe crafting, or all items under a certain item level(aka vanity items). The transmogrifier could be a vendor that lets you trade out an item and a set amount of justice/valor or honor/conquest for another item of the same item level(because Blizz is making almost everything easy these days. Or it could just be an in-game model changer. Who knows.

>>quoting 4chan
    >>The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact."Do you not see the irony in your post, though?Also, the reforger, if its true purpose is going to be for changing the appearance of gear, is just for people that still aren't using tools like EverMorph yet. If you want a "reforger" and don't use a tool like EverMorph yet, what the hell is wrong with you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by twilightsamus View Post
    "Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact."Do you not see the irony in your post, though?Also, the reforger, if its true purpose is going to be for changing the appearance of gear, is just for people that still aren't using tools like EverMorph yet. If you want a "reforger" and don't use a tool like EverMorph yet, what the hell is wrong with you?
    Yeah this guy seems surprisingly legitimate. He knows thing you shouldn't have known in January of this year (4.2, Pandaria, Twilight of the Aspects) and at least made it look like he was doing actual work.
    And it is true, if i was in Metzen's shoes I'd probably look for insight from places besides a forum full of haters.

And I'll admit I use EverMorph, so I'm all for an appearance tab.

Deleted
    Account wide storage would be so friggin awesome. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw this as a storage to transfer heirloom items or battle.net account bound items around to other realms, seeing as they already implemented the ability to move those items between two accounts under the same battle.net account. If it's the case it means I can finally level my alts on the other realms that I can't afford to transfer.

So should I really be disappointed in so many that the only thing that they do is just see Ethereals standing in a Human building then leap to the most half-assed conclusion about Ethereals becoming a playable race instead of actually READING the scant-but-large-and-easy-to-read text and make the simple inference to things that Blizzard has agreed would be features in the game at some point?

Because the stupid is really above par this time around.

All of this deriving from that obviously fake memo... well, it certainly shows why American political media is the way it is today. One outrageous baseless lie gets thrown out into the wild and people will cling to it like gospel.

The teaser image is a teaser for battle.net account storage and gear recustomization. Occam's razor, people. Come on. You're likely to see some Ethereals hanging out in Orgrimmar providing the same services.

IF Blizzard was going to tip their hand to imply a new race, it would not be something as obvious as this, as shown in the past. The only hint that came from Blizzard about Worgen was when they hotfixed Garwal.
    Last edited by greyghost; 2011-08-12 at 03:42 AM.

Well, the 4chan stuff takes a blow by the poster saying that Maiev killed herself, as we already know she is in Wolfheart.

15+ Year Old Account
    Arcane Reforger = Reforger. I was just at the SW reforger and his title clearly states "Arcane Reforger".

I seriously hope Void Storage is, well, more storage because my bank witch is equipped with all 22 slot bags is filled to the brim. Need more room. And as far as the Transmogrifier im hoping it is some sort of gear customization system, for i shall be wearing BC gears!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SiegZero View Post
    Well, the 4chan stuff takes a blow by the poster saying that Maiev killed herself, as we already know she is in Wolfheart.
    Eeeeh, It's Knaack. I don't much trust him.

Deleted
    If you can change the color of your gear, how will it work with the pvp sets? Otherwise only the green elite word will be different and people can just recolor their normal set to elite.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Eeeeh, It's Knaack. I don't much trust him.
    I'm not much of a Knaak fan either, but unfortunaley his shit is canon..so yeah..

i really hope they allow us to change the way our items look cause thats the 1 big thing that has bothered me about wow was how every class always looked the same.

Deleted
    Transmogrifier will probably be something to change your face/skin style, to go with the barber.