Page 43 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    i prefer consoles because they are more laid back u can pick up a small controller and sit on ur couch playing games. i do think pcs are great and i do apreciate being able to upgrade mine but i thing with pcs are u dont have a social network except if ur a steam user across all ur games and pcs no matter what u do you will have a lag spike even if its just because something popped up on ur computer like HEY ITS ME JAVA TIME TO UPDATE AGAIN, and pcs seems to require internet more the consoles for a good expierence so if my area has a storm and my provider goes dark for a bit i go to my consoles for funz

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slackjawsix View Post
    i prefer consoles because they are more laid back u can pick up a small controller and sit on ur couch playing games. i do think pcs are great and i do apreciate being able to upgrade mine but i thing with pcs are u dont have a social network except if ur a steam user across all ur games and pcs no matter what u do you will have a lag spike even if its just because something popped up on ur computer like HEY ITS ME JAVA TIME TO UPDATE AGAIN, and pcs seems to require internet more the consoles for a good expierence so if my area has a storm and my provider goes dark for a bit i go to my consoles for funz
    Although the lack of punctuation or grammar made me cringe, this sums it up pretty well. Issues with software/operating system/drivers/etc can get time-consuming pretty quickly, PC's are too complex for their own good.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Deleted
    What i dont like about consoles is the fact that consoles are effectively holding the PC gamers down.

Look at Portal 2 for eg, it is an extremely fun game that HAD to be dumbed down to console gamers levels in terms of maneuverability, like opening portals in different locations very fast that would've been more than find for a mouse, but borderline impossible for a game pad.

Also in terms of graphics, gameplay and overall good engineering, a PC can support a much wider range of them, but we don't.

Ultimately I do feel superior for playing on the PC, altho I have 360, ps3 and wii, I only actively play on wii with my little sister sometimes, because its a totally different experience. The reason why I hate the other 2 consoles is because I KNOW that we could be playing much better games than what consoles can put out there if they were primarily focused on PC and then ported to consoles (much like BF3 is going to be I think, same as CS:GO) rather than being focused on consoles and only then ported to PC's

Quote Originally Posted by Fir3line View Post
    What i dont like about consoles is the fact that consoles are effectively holding the PC gamers down.

Look at Portal 2 for eg, it is an extremely fun game that HAD to be dumbed down to console gamers levels in terms of maneuverability, like opening portals in different locations very fast that would've been more than find for a mouse, but borderline impossible for a game pad.

Also in terms of graphics, gameplay and overall good engineering, a PC can support a much wider range of them, but we don't.

Ultimately I do feel superior for playing on the PC, altho I have 360, ps3 and wii, I only actively play on wii with my little sister sometimes, because its a totally different experience. The reason why I hate the other 2 consoles is because I KNOW that we could be playing much better games than what consoles can put out there if they were primarily focused on PC and then ported to consoles (much like BF3 is going to be I think, same as CS:GO) rather than being focused on consoles and only then ported to PC's
    The thing with that though always ends up being like this, they would develop for Pc and go "Oh man look at all we could do" then they have to dumb it down because no they can not do that. The thing that makes a bad PC port is the developer I have come to find out, dead island being the best example of a TERRIBLE PC port, Deus ex, was a good PC port they let us fix the FoV, the game looked pretty good. Dead island a bad, bad PC port, the menu was a cluster fuck and instead you had to go into files to turn up the majority of your settings, the game style within the game treats you like you are a console player. Skyrim will be an example of a good PC port, I know they will do good by the PC they have said they planned to make the game look much better for PC and make sure the port is done right.

I think the consoles hold us back, but at the same time, it really is up to the developer in the end, they can be lazy and not port it correctly and half ass the job, or they can do a good job take an extra month, and do an amazing port to the PC. I think I have come to find out you can not always blame the console, you can for somethings but really it is up to the developer to do the PC gamer right and not wrong them.

Deleted
    pc gaming is on a rise so i dont think you can say consoles are holding us back.

F2P is the way forward.. just look at TF2 for an example of how you can quadruple the amount of players online. You dont need to buy anything but alot of people do.. even i didnt think id spend money but i just cant resist buying the odd bundle or key. Crytek are releasing another FPS game next year and its only going to become more and more popular imo.

A while back people (think game developers, but might have been console makers) were all saying PC gaming was dead, because of piracy and other nonsense. I am sure that is one reason for this console back lash. But also when someone has a nice computer they take pride in it, not like a console because most aren't heavily modded and people don't wait weeks to get that new mod that's coming out.

Also consoles like PCs become dated the moment they hit shelves, so as consoles are generally older they are weaker. It's like a Lamborghini vs a civic, sure everyone and their mom has a civic they look nice and can do some nice drifting but if ya got a Lambo you are going to brag.

Also as I am sure others have said PC can have much better controls and graphics and sound.. and so forth.

The hate is probably just PC gamers feeling they can yell back at consoles for all that time when everyone said PC games were dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Fir3line View Post
    Valve said they wanted their puzzles to be more puzzle based and less focused on execution. I don't think consoles had anything to do with that (though if they did, you should be thanking them because it's the proper way to do a puzzle game).

Because console makers (not gamers), hold back the progression of gaming as a whole by having them exclusively buy-out IP's and blocking them from other platforms. My 360 is long broken, and because of that I'm never going to get to finish GOW3, because it's not ever going to hit the PC.

Because I don't own a PS3, I can't try Demon/Dark souls, nor can I try Final Fantasy. The seperation and console exclusives frustrates me and a lot of other PC gamers, and when you purchase a console, you support companies and allow them to do such things. Even if you do not support the idea directly.
    1% of the Heroes control 100% of the winrates
    #occupyantimage
    #occupynaturesprophet

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    Valve said they wanted their puzzles to be more puzzle based and less focused on execution. I don't think consoles had anything to do with that (though if they did, you should be thanking them because it's the proper way to do a puzzle game).
    Yeah, but you could still he-man your way through some of the single player and co-op puzzles on PC :P

And they said they understood that the first game was extremely challenging for console players since they had a much harder time getting the fast, accurate portal shots off needed for some of the puzzles that was a bit too difficult (I couldn't get past like the first quarter of the game on Xbox, never had a problem on PC, at least with the execution).

Deleted
    Nah we pc players like to troll consololol people, its all love from my side hehe

From the new Gamestop video...

Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    When in doubt, drowned it in bloom, Thats the console developers way.

Deleted
    I would be fine with consoles being there if we PC gamers got good, high quality ports, which we don't in most cases.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not to mention Crysis on Xbox will never run at higher than 1280x720.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post

HHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH, oh god...

Oh gee, a game released on a six year old console as a compressed and gutted downloadable arcade title looks worse than when it's played on maximum settings? No way!
    We're whalers on the moon,
    We carry a harpoon,
    But there ain't no whales
    So we tell tall tales
    And sing our whaling tune

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poxxy View Post
    Oh gee, a game released on a six year old console as a compressed and gutted downloadable arcade title looks worse than when it's played on maximum settings? No way!
    FYI that game came out in 07 and xbox/ps3 came out around 06, it could've been released for consoles long ago but Crytek decided to keep it PC-exclusive.
    To play at more than 25-30fps at max settings people had to be running 8800GTX's or 9800GTX's in SLI (which cost a metric shitload of money back then).

I would still rate Crysis (and Warhead) as the #1 best looking game out there @ max settings, more or less neck-and-neck with Crysis 2 (dx11 extreme + HD texture pack) which came out in 2011. Throw in a few particle/texture/physics mods and things get even more awesome.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2011-09-12 at 12:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Poxxy View Post
    A 3 year old title*

10+ Year Old Account
    Games made for PCs then ported onto consoles are generally much better than the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    at those crying about Crysis 2, please download the texture and dx11 packs. Initially the game may not have been as well-executed as the original but CryEngine3 as a whole is still superior to it's predecessors
    Neither even bring the game close to the level of the first game visually, and the gameplay is nothing but consolized trash and no patch is going to change that.