Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Alysrazor Guide on 350k+ Ignite/Comb by Logoz

The post is long so I'm not gonna post the entire thing here.
    But here is my post on WoW forums Enjoy!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3195920164

And here is the video if you just want to see big numbers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOo-9p_-AXc

Definitely forwarding this to the mage of our core group. Thanks!

Wonder if next week nerfs will allow mages to solo alysrazor upstairs in 1st burnout.

Deleted
    Guy probably just got lucky. He claims ignite is gimped unless it falls off yet he says "it worked 7-8 times out of 10". That's very circumstantial evidence. What happened to the other 2-3 times it didn't work?
    Last edited by mmocdc260e8e2a; 2011-09-16 at 08:31 AM.

Deleted
    80% success rate is pretty high for luck. I usually don't have high luck 70-80% of the time.
    Perhaps there is another factor he hasn't found yet, that he's handling without thinking about it.

Deleted
    I'll send this to our mage, nice guide!

Deleted
    Thanks, I've forwarded this on to our mages, I'll report back if it improves the DPS or not

Deleted
    Oooo very interesting, this should be very helpful, I'll report back after my attempts on Sunday.

That is insane. We send up at least 2 mages, sometimes 3 in our 25. If we had 3 200k+ dps on our fights it would be sick. Awesome guide and vid. Too bad none of them have the legendary.

Deleted
    Will forward this to our mages. Tks for the link. Much appreciated.

Aren't you just spreading Combustion to the adds that never need to die anyways? I mean yeah, big numbers, lots of numbers, but it should probably be made very clear that this is pretty much just for cheesing the parse. There's nothing necessarily wrong with cheesing numbers on a fight that you're going to kill with ease anyways, but it's not really something useful for doing on progression I would think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Aren't you just spreading Combustion to the adds that never need to die anyways? I mean yeah, big numbers, lots of numbers, but it should probably be made very clear that this is pretty much just for cheesing the parse. There's nothing necessarily wrong with cheesing numbers on a fight that you're going to kill with ease anyways, but it's not really something useful for doing on progression I would think.
    His guide is just how to get the biggest ignite rolling that you can, which is how you increase your Combustion damage. Spreading your dots to the adds before you pop Combustion does increase your overall damage done to Alysrazor because of 10% additional haste from the Pyromaniac talent. Spreading your dots after combustion is in fact just about padding the meters. If someone is progressing on the boss they should try to get as much damage done to Alys as possible, but once its on farm there's nothing wrong with padding the meters and watching the big numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness81 View Post
    His guide is just how to get the biggest ignite rolling that you can, which is how you increase your Combustion damage. Spreading your dots to the adds before you pop Combustion does increase your overall damage done to Alysrazor because of 10% additional haste from the Pyromaniac talent. Spreading your dots after combustion is in fact just about padding the meters. If someone is progressing on the boss they should try to get as much damage done to Alys as possible, but once its on farm there's nothing wrong with padding the meters and watching the big numbers.
    Aaaah, I see. I've never actually played a mage at max level, so I'm not quite familiar enough with the class to garner that much by watching a vid that only shows numbers and buttons being pressed. That makes a lot of sense, then.

Il try it, it sounds like fun
    N

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/c7ycf...?s=7693&e=7750

70k dps overall this week, boss downed to 35% in just one burn phase and after seeing this post I just realized my ignite was ticking for 49k average. Hope to put in practice this guide and kill alys in one single burn phase
    Last edited by rasfael; 2011-09-16 at 05:02 PM.

Has anyone tried it yet? I wonder if legendary staff makes these numbers only.

Quote Originally Posted by olimp View Post
    Has anyone tried it yet? I wonder if legendary staff makes these numbers only.
    Taken from a reply I made on the WoW forums,
    Quote Originally Posted by Logoz
    I have several mage friends in lower-end guilds that don't have the legendary and have been able to produce 350k+ ignites every week.
    Even before I got the legendary I was able to produce these results (at least 300k+ ignite).
    A good friend of mine, Aantu on Korgath, who does not have the legendary, actually produced an ignite over 400k, and a resulting Combustion that ticked for 413k by doing this, which is larger than I've ever done myself.

Great stuff there Logoz.

wheres your rag kill vid logoz

Quote Originally Posted by msbxghost View Post
    wheres your rag kill vid logoz
    Here! Please subscribe!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntm1_XB8OO4