Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by azzer24 View Post
    He likes how the healing words?, resto shaman, though awesome in PvP, is often sat in PvE raids, because the other classes just have far more to bring (not buffs, but healing wise). Holy priests too are very bad, get those 2 specs on par with the others, and it'll be fine.
    Must be playing with Shammies and Priests that have no idea how to play their classes, then. I mean, seriously, I've gotten the hang of what spec and spells I have to use to make resto successful, and I'm sure that many would see that, with enough attention given to see just how resto works, that they can be one of the best healing specs in the game (with being able to even save a player from certain death, for example). Never played a priest, so I can't say anything there other than perhaps the problems lie with the players, not the class/spec as a whole!
    I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space, with the tuning fork, does a raw blink on Hari-Kari rock! I need scissors! 61!

Quote Originally Posted by Treadstone View Post
    These comments were not what I was expecting after reading that awesome preview. I've read through a few pages and I still can't figure out what everyone is whining about. As far as I can tell, people seem to be upset that Blizzard isn't adding legendaries for every class in this patch. They are also frothing mad about the Raid Finder, and how the dirty casuals will be able to see the raid content at a lower difficulty, even though this isn't going to affect them at all.
    Its not for every class, its is rogues ONLY!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Belial View Post
    First of all I'm not complaining about anything. I'm simply stading the fact that time used ingame has absolutly nothing to do with how skilled you are as a player, and that the easy mode of LFR takes just as long to complete timewise as the Hard mode version. The ladder just takes more skill. Second, I was never one of those who asked for this feature. IMHO it is yet again one of many things Blizzard have put into the game that should never have been done.
    I disagree.

Raids take practice.

Practice takes time.

Someone might have time to run Firelands 10 times before they finally down Ragnaros.

With an easier difficulty mode, you might need less practice to see all the content.

That's certainly why I'm looking forward to the LFR system. I'd like to see the Firelands storyline, but I don't have the time (or experience necessary) to join a raiding guild or run the raid over and over and over.

---------- Post added 2011-09-19 at 12:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Its not for every class, its is rogues ONLY!!!!
    Yeah, so what's the problem? What do you want Blizzard to do? Release a legendary tabard every class and spec can wear? That's boring.

First of all I'm not complaining about anything. I'm simply stading the fact that time used ingame has absolutly nothing to do with how skilled you are as a player, and that the easy mode of LFR takes just as long to complete timewise as the Hard mode version. The ladder just require more skill. Second, I was never one of those who asked for this feature.
    But I'm not seeing where the big complaint is with this LFR tool. It's not like those that don't want to use it have to use it. They have outlined how they intend on people using it (though you know people will do their best to exploit everything just because...hey, that's how they roll), and people have been wanting them to add an additional difficulty so normals wouldn't be nerfed as much (let's not prevent Blizz from doing NECESSARY nerfs like the Deadmines trash packs). That way, those that want to learn, or to "see the content", can without too much fear of being absolutely ridiculed if they didn't give up their first born child to run Firelands a million times a day. Now that those people have a place to learn how to fight the fights properly and because we now HAVE that additional tier, we're going to bitch and moan because it'll make the player base even worse? How does something that's designed to make players better do the exact opposite, and why are we continuing to bitch and moan about this?
    I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space, with the tuning fork, does a raw blink on Hari-Kari rock! I need scissors! 61!

Deleted
    Well if you like to whine so much, why do you insist on playing this game? Simply if you don't like it, there ris noone stoping you from quiting. Man up ffs and deal with the fact that they wont please everyone at the same time.

Yeah, so what's the problem? What do you want Blizzard to do? Release a legendary tabard every class and spec can wear? That's boring.
    Do you know rogues had that cool looking legendary in TBC? Or you are "young" player? 4.2 legendary is for 4 classes ( mage, lock, priest and druid ) some of them might not even see it/use it since it is much much better for other class. It is boring that ppl without brain capacity work for blizz, last best expansion was tbc and since then this game is well...

So yeah, whats the problem. Tell me, why is there legendary just for one class and again for rogues ( yeah twin blades could be used bu warrior but they ware much better for rogue )? Tabard? Yeah cool colors will help you, i think not. Nice weapon will...

before dragonwrath no legendary for 1 class and now they made dagerrs counted also as sword there shud be use to transform them into polearm )

Quote Originally Posted by lolo855 View Post
    Yeah that's a good idea Blizzard force people to play a broken class that they don't want to play. A single classlegendary is just bad for any 10 man raid out there.
    This i sjust stupid, worst decision blizz has even made.
    why's it broken? I'm sure people play or don't play rogues for different reasons, and I don't think all rogues feel their class is broken. personally I don't prefer the play style, I'd rather hit once for 100k than 10 times for 10k. that and I rather fight fairly instead of taking advantage of someone with stuns and stealth.

who knows why people don't want to play rogues. in 4.3 I'm sure it'll be better though. I think a lot of people would play their rogue, but there's no reason to and melee was penalized in a number of fights. now there's a reason to play a rogue, and on my server I'm seeing more rogues this week than the whole expansion.

I disagree.

Raids take practice.

Practice takes time.

Someone might have time to run Firelands 10 times before they finally down Ragnaros.

With an easier difficulty mode, you might need less practice to see all the content.

That's certainly why I'm looking forward to the LFR system. I'd like to see the Firelands storyline, but I don't have the time (or experience necessary) to join a raiding guild or run the raid over and over and over. That's boring.
    Ofcause it takes practice and some time to down raidbosses, and by all means it should be that way. If you think that LFR will be the same as LFG tool, think again. Even in easymode people will fail and it will take more than your usual ~45 min LFG run to finish up a raid. So imo, it really doesn't make sence when people say: oh now I can see everything and not have to live infront of my PC. If you are skilled enough and are in a good guild it will take the same time, if not faster than wiping your way through a raid through LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    The new raid is called The Dragon Soul. It contains eight bosses, and boss 7 and 8 are both Deathwing. There will be a mount reward for killing Deathwing. Deathwing will only drop weapons. Heroic Deathwing will eventually be made easier after the top guilds kill it so that more people can experience it. Tier 13 will not be available at all from valor points.
    I do like those bits. Somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by darkpower View Post
    But I'm not seeing where the big complaint is with this LFR tool. It's not like those that don't want to use it have to use it. They have outlined how they intend on people using it (though you know people will do their best to exploit everything just because...hey, that's how they roll), and people have been wanting them to add an additional difficulty so normals wouldn't be nerfed as much (let's not prevent Blizz from doing NECESSARY nerfs like the Deadmines trash packs). That way, those that want to learn, or to "see the content", can without too much fear of being absolutely ridiculed if they didn't give up their first born child to run Firelands a million times a day. Now that those people have a place to learn how to fight the fights properly and because we now HAVE that additional tier, we're going to bitch and moan because it'll make the player base even worse? How does something that's designed to make players better do the exact opposite, and why are we continuing to bitch and moan about this?
    I totally agree on this. Yes it is good so people can see content, but don't think it will be a ~45 min experience to see it all. People will fail even on easy mode.

EDIT: One thing I disagree on is people getting better at the game due to having a easy mode. I've known alot of people that have played the game since vanilla and they still suck. If you don't have the motivation and give yourself the time to understand basic things like game mechanics, how to control your char etc etc. you will still suck even after playing the game for 6+ years.
    Last edited by Belial; 2011-09-19 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by balatro View Post
    Someone will just say Shadowmourne doesn't count because blood DKs were using it.
    And the people that say that, get Legendary-free, window-licker-accessible raids in 4.3.

Everyone wins.

Any Blood DK (including myself) who got a Shadowmourne only got it because the Rets/Fury/DPS DK's already had it, or because we'd been in the guild for years.

Deleted
    Sounds great.I really like those new dungeons and DW raid.Can't wait 'til I kill him ^^ (or whatever happens to him)

How... how he didnt get fired yet... This guy represents the intelligence of a very intelligent chair...
    It’s really funny because every player out there wants and almost expects the next legendary is going to be for them. We try not to let it fall into too much of a pattern. We want legendaries to be something exciting, something that is earned, not something that you “deserve” because it is “your time to get one”. We thought that we liked part of the Rogue story. We thought that Rogues had maybe felt a little bit not special in this expansion with all the high damage numbers that were being done by classes like Mages. We thought it was just the right opportunity to make them shine and feel kind of special. Unless you count the bow, we haven’t done any class specific legendaries to this extent before, so we thought it would be fun to make the legendary quest VERY Rogue-themed. There will be stealthing and pickpocketing, things we know that a Rogue can handle. Then, the weapons themselves, their proc, we’re still building, but the idea is that their proc will tie in something very Rogue specific as well.
    What kind of justification is this?! Mages were hitting for 150k so we tought that rogue aint fun anymore...
    and how, HOW in the name of god, giving daggers to rogues make more sense than giving legendary piece of armor to tanks?! I mean Deathwings armor is one of the toughest "materials" in azeroth. Im not even playing a tank and i think tanks should get legendary now as it fits perfectly.

Also how much sense does it make to release legendary for 1 class that can use agi axes jsut like shamans? wouldnt it be more fitting to make set of axes so 2 classes at least can enjoy it? If they really are dumb enough to ignore tanks and hunters (who had situation as casters but appearently the reasoning behind caster legendary was right while behind hunter legendary is not...)

But oh wait...
    It becomes a problem when it feels like consistently the same types of characters aren’t competing. We’ve seen a lot of concern about the melee classes just can’t compete with the ranged classes. Part of that is class mechanics; part of it is that we just have a lot of encounters that really favor ranged. So for the Deathwing tier, what we’re going to do is just a straight up buff to the melee classes that hopefully helps them a little bit. We’re going to do that in such a way that the raid buffs will just end up buffing melee a little more than they’ll buff ranged. So hopefully you won’t have a lot of widespread effects in PvP or things like that, but melee characters who are just stabbing away on a boss in optimal situations will feel like their DPS is very competitive.
    I always knew he is the most incompetent designer in the history of gaming... but this... is just fucking pathetic. "We are too dumb to design something really creative where every role has to do something so we just buff melee so they can jsut sit on their ass and dps while ranged are doing all the hard work... afterall interrupting spellcasts is only thing we can design for melee. Afterall we dont have time to design creative fights considering that in 3 patches we released total of 15 bosses instead of 6 raids with 6-7 bosses each as it was meant to be"

Seriously f*ck this... With him as lead designer, wow is going nowhere. I recently resubbed just to enjoy the game with friends but now i see that it was a mistake and my time will be better spent elsewhere. During wotlk i tought "hey next expansion has to be great cause afterall, it's not possible to fuckup wow even more" but ghostcrawler proved me wrong... This b-team of designers have creativity of a 5 year old... seriously...

I totally agree on this. Yes it is good so people can see content, but don't think it will be a ~45 min experience to see it all. People will fail even on easy mode.
    Depends on what you definition of "fail" is! Is it a series of wipes, or one wipe do to a freak issue (like a bad pull where you accidentally pull half the instance, or healers trying to defeat mad LOS issues)? Is it not getting an achievement you wanted, or not winning Need rolls on a certain drop you wanted? These are just hypothetical questions that can apply to any instance, but it must be discussed when dealing with what someone thinks failing an instance is.

Deleted
    •Old PvP armor will come back for transmogrification.Liking this alot.

Quote Originally Posted by darkpower View Post
    Depends on what you definition of "fail" is! Is it a series of wipes, or one wipe do to a freak issue (like a bad pull where you accidentally pull half the instance, or healers trying to defeat mad LOS issues)? Is it not getting an achievement you wanted, or not winning Need rolls on a certain drop you wanted? These are just hypothetical questions that can apply to any instance, but it must be discussed when dealing with what someone thinks failing an instance is.
    I'm talking about strait overcomming the challange, aka. complete the raid by killing the bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexiefy View Post
    I always knew he is the most incompetent designer in the history of gaming... but this... is just fucking pathetic. "We are too dumb to design something really creative where every role has to do something so we just buff melee so they can jsut sit on their ass and dps while ranged are doing all the hard work... afterall interrupting spellcasts is only thing we can design for melee. Afterall we dont have time to design creative fights considering that in 3 patches we released total of 15 bosses instead of 6 raids with 6-7 bosses each as it was meant to be"
    You...DO realize that if the buff didn't come, you'd find that melees would be doing next to nothing anyway because they would never actually be able to reach the damned thing, right?

I'm talking about strait overcomming the challange, aka. complete the raid by killing the bosses.
    Again, that depends on what challenge you're hoping to overcome relative to why your members decided to join you. That's subjective, not objective.

I can't believe they even consider Warglaives as anything but a primarily Rogue-exclusive Legendary. Combat Rogues were, iirc, doing 20%-30% more DPS than Warriors. It may as well have only been available to Rogues, because they got priority.

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Do you know rogues had that cool looking legendary in TBC? Or you are "young" player? 4.2 legendary is for 4 classes ( mage, lock, priest and druid ) some of them might not even see it/use it since it is much much better for other class. It is boring that ppl without brain capacity work for blizz, last best expansion was tbc and since then this game is well...

So yeah, whats the problem. Tell me, why is there legendary just for one class and again for rogues ( yeah twin blades could be used bu warrior but they ware much better for rogue )? Tabard? Yeah cool colors will help you, i think not. Nice weapon will...
    I've been playing WoW since the beta back in early 2004.

My main is a warrior tank.

We haven't had a legendary since the Molten Core days. And I don't care.

Legendaries don't matter to me. I have plenty of epics. Orange text does nothing for me. I don't have an epeen.