Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Heal on Rag Normal

We are a new raid team (5-6 of our raiders didn't raid pre-T12)
    We got to 4/7 pre nerf and 2 shot both Alys and Domo after nerf. Then we got stuck on Rag N now.

Our current combo is:

Prot Pally x2

Holy Pally
    Resto Druid
    Resto Sham

Demon lock x2 (both offspec Affl though)
    Arm Warr
    Fury Warr
    Enh Sham/MM Hunter

We tried two heal this fight with our Holy Pally and Resto Druid but it seemed like that it took too long to get the raid and tanks up after every trap in P1. So we went back to 3 heals again and got to P3.

Sorry we didnt have the parses atm. But just want to get some advise on how to 2 heal this fight?
    Thanks in advance!

Solo healing it is honestly probably the easiest after the nerf.

We killed it in 4 minutes 39 seconds this week.

Infracted. - Wilderness
    Last edited by Wilderness; 2011-09-27 at 12:21 PM.

Dont use 3 healers, its not the right strat. If you cant keep people up with 2 healers then someone is doin something wrong.

Well we doing with with 2 healers just like befor the nerf Hpally and Rdruid works great.
    Only place where the healing gets intence is P2 then it's easy street

What exactly did you die to?
    Pure meteor overload or something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Weerra View Post
    What exactly did you die to?
    Pure meteor overload or something else?
    tbh, it was tank death........

No offense Coar but that's not a terribly constructive piece of advice. Lots of guilds who aren't even familiar with Rags pre-nerf aren't going to have any luck trying to solo heal unless they have some godly recruit that has full 378 gear or better already.

Only advice I can give RE: 2 healing and P1 is you have to utilize proper raid CDs, Aura Mastery from H Pally for at least one trap, and tranq from the resto with as many people in range as you can, as well as personal CDs. Both Warrs have Enraged Regen to get themselves back up, both locks have either Life Drain or mitigation CDs, 2 Raid Walls from both Prot Pallies. All that should be more than enough to dampen raid dmg from the traps popped before you hit 70%. Are you having your locks alternate Demon Portal cds for trap popping?

EDIT: This may seem like a noobish point but make sure both your Tanks are stacking Mastery like they should, and using Mastery Food + Mastery and Prismatic Elixirs vs Stam Flask. Maximizing their mitigation via Mastery will help on dmg a lot. Also they should be Prepotting either Armor or Strength pots every time for 20ish seconds of assistance.
    Last edited by Sinister Knight; 2011-09-27 at 07:13 AM.
    "I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?"

-The Doctor, Voyage of the Damned

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister Knight View Post
    No offense Coar but that's not a terribly constructive piece of advice. Lots of guilds who aren't even familiar with Rags pre-nerf aren't going to have any luck trying to solo heal unless they have some godly recruit that has full 378 gear or better already.

Only advice I can give RE: 2 healing and P1 is you have to utilize proper raid CDs, Aura Mastery from H Pally for at least one trap, and tranq from the resto with as many people in range as you can, as well as personal CDs. Both Warrs have Enraged Regen to get themselves back up, both locks have either Life Drain or mitigation CDs, 2 Raid Walls from both Prot Pallies. All that should be more than enough to dampen raid dmg from the traps popped before you hit 70%. Are you having your locks alternate Demon Portal cds for trap popping?
    Thank you very much for your advice. We were saving the Walls for P2 we didnt really use it in P1. We will fix this.

As for the traps, we are having only 1 lock doing it now. We tried two locks doing it alternately but one of them was having some lag issue.

---------- Post added 2011-09-27 at 12:20 AM ----------

EDIT: This may seem like a noobish point but make sure both your Tanks are stacking Mastery like they should, and using Mastery Food + Mastery and Prismatic Elixirs vs Stam Flask. Maximizing their mitigation via Mastery will help on dmg a lot. Also they should be Prepotting either Armor or Strength pots every time for 20ish seconds of assistance.
    Yes we are using Mastery and Prismatic Elixirs and both tanks are maximizing their mastery. We will try mastery food on our next try. Thank you.

Tank death only happens if your tank is severely undergeared or if people are not taunting correctly.

Reply to david0925

Quote Originally Posted by david0925 View Post
    Tank death only happens if your tank is severely undergeared or if people are not taunting correctly.
    this is one of our tanks armory:

Sorry i tried to insert links but it failed. I guess I didn't do everything right. He is at il 364. Ohioftw on Tanaris US
    The other tank logs off as his pvp spec so i didnt link him. Both of the tanks are in similar gear.

it always shows this error message:
    you are not allowed to post any kinds of links, images or videos until you post a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by Wewillbefine View Post
    this is one of our tanks armory:

Sorry i tried to insert links but it failed. I guess I didn't do everything right. He is at il 364. Ohioftw on Tanaris US
    The other tank logs off as his pvp spec so i didnt link him. Both of the tanks are in similar gear.

it always shows this error message:
    you are not allowed to post any kinds of links, images or videos until you post a few times.
    you aren't allowed to post links until you hit a certain number of forum posts, it's something like 20 or so

Signature by Kenz

10+ Year Old Account
    But just want to get some advise on how to 2 heal this fight?
    raid wall (divine guardian) trap1
    raid wall trap2
    aura mastery trap3

OT prot pala bubble and hand of sac MT trap4 reverse trap5
    any chance your resto druid is a moonkin? it makes transitions easier(knockbacks, and can still tranquility for a trap ). leave sham as healer.

Quote Originally Posted by david0925 View Post
    or a trap gets triggered right as rag melee swings + not already being at 100%
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Christan View Post
    raid wall (divine guardian) trap1
    raid wall trap2
    aura mastery trap3

OT prot pala bubble and hand of sac MT trap4 reverse trap5
    any chance your resto druid is a moonkin? it makes transitions easier(knockbacks, and can still tranquility for a trap ). leave sham as healer.

or a trap gets triggered right as rag melee swings + not already being at 100%

Our Druid is Resto/Feral but he never really tanked before. Sham is Enh and OS resto.

Yes, the case u just said was one of our cases. Thank you for these useful tips!

We are a new raid team (5-6 of our raiders didn't raid pre-T12)
    We got to 4/7 pre nerf and 2 shot both Alys and Domo after nerf. Then we got stuck on Rag N now.

Our current combo is:

Prot Pally x2

Holy Pally
    Resto Druid
    Resto Sham

Demon lock x2 (both offspec Affl though)
    Arm Warr
    Fury Warr
    Enh Sham/MM Hunter

We tried two heal this fight with our Holy Pally and Resto Druid but it seemed like that it took too long to get the raid and tanks up after every trap in P1. So we went back to 3 heals again and got to P3.

Sorry we didnt have the parses atm. But just want to get some advise on how to 2 heal this fight?
    Thanks in advance!
    We're 2 Healing it, and honestly I could (Holy Paladin) solo heal it. 3 Healers is a massive waste, 2 Healers just means they need to focus a little more.

Are you having your locks alternate Demon Portal cds for trap popping?.
    Should we use 2 locks to take the traps or just 1?

Deleted
    Definitely don't use 3 healers.

Our Resto Druid solo healed it this week...

Deleted
    Should we use 2 locks to take the traps or just 1?
    Even with the portal glyph one warlock won't be able to take all the traps.

you should really pick up a mage or shadow priest for traps (preferably a mage, they lose the least dps doing it), but you shouldnt be having TOO much issue with trap damage since the nerf, the trap damage is pretty low now

Signature by Kenz

Quote Originally Posted by Nyxxi View Post
    Even with the portal glyph one warlock won't be able to take all the traps.
    good to know. thank you!

---------- Post added 2011-09-27 at 01:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by angelx7x View Post
    you should really pick up a mage or shadow priest for traps (preferably a mage, they lose the least dps doing it), but you shouldnt be having TOO much issue with trap damage since the nerf, the trap damage is pretty low now
    Unfortunately we haven't really recruited a mage or spriest yet. Most of our team members are RL friends too and want to play together. This is our team limit too. I think our biggest problem is that we are using our raid CDs poorly. We will focus on improving this first.

Deleted
    If a tank death caused the whipe i suspect it happened either at the start of P3 or to a meteor. Start P3 can be hectic with 2 adds that need tanking and debuffs on the other. Pop hero if that gives issues to shorten that part.
    Meteor deaths in melee \ tanks are a matter of knowing where to kite. If a ranged is too close to the boss chances of a meteor passing melee is high.
    Last option, tank out of range gets instagibbed...

If these things aren't cause of deaths... Sorry, but then you need to find better healers. 2 healed it last night for first time since nerf, boring as hell
    Last tip; if it was your first night ever, just practise. I'll bet 2nd night will go way better.